PDA

View Full Version : Quadzilla Commander

Rob D
05-14-2007, 08:27 PM
Do any of you guys use the Quadzilla Commander for your gauges...it says it monitors up to 7 different parameters along with warning screens...seems like a good way to go, considering Im not the biggest fan of having seperate gauges all over the truck. Any feedback on this product would be great - thanks

Rob

inline6359
05-14-2007, 09:10 PM
i thought about going that route on my parents truck but i dont like the computer telling me what it is seeing. We do fool the computers to make power, right?

Rob D
05-15-2007, 06:43 AM
The system is designed to work with power programmers - We may be fooling out trucks computer, but products like the Quadzilla is its own computer - not relating to the trucks computer? Atleast thats what I gather, correct me if Im wrong, I am no expert on this stuff. I would think the digital gauges are no different then mechanical gauges other than that instead of each parameter being datalogued on a different gauge, the quadzilla is just one big screen? It still uses the same probes etc. you would need to install if monitoring using mechanical gauges...so I don't see a difference?

inline6359
05-15-2007, 03:44 PM
If you plug into the truck computer to read your numbers and are fooling the computer how can you claim accurate results?

Rob D
05-16-2007, 07:13 AM
Inline - as I said before Im a novice in this stuff - I was under the impression that the Commander only needs to plug into the truck for a power source, but that it is its own computer independent of the Fords onboard computer...therefore its dataloging of certain parameters is independent of the trucks computer, just as a mechanical gauge runs completely independent of the trucks computer...so what your saying is that the quadzilla plugs into the trucks computer and just gathers its data from that? I looked at their website again and it seems like that is the case, since they dont claim that any probes or anything need to be installed other than custom work for fuel pressure. Thanks.

Rob

JJeepyjohn
05-16-2007, 07:23 AM
The amount of respone to Quades stuff should be a tip.Maybe if you moved this to a designated vehicle forum you might get better responses.$.02

Rob D
05-16-2007, 07:25 AM
I have it in the ford 6.0 as well

inline6359
05-16-2007, 08:38 PM
Inline - as I said before Im a novice in this stuff - I was under the impression that the Commander only needs to plug into the truck for a power source, but that it is its own computer independent of the Fords onboard computer...therefore its dataloging of certain parameters is independent of the trucks computer, just as a mechanical gauge runs completely independent of the trucks computer...so what your saying is that the quadzilla plugs into the trucks computer and just gathers its data from that? I looked at their website again and it seems like that is the case, since they dont claim that any probes or anything need to be installed other than custom work for fuel pressure. Thanks.

Rob

Me to, i am just learning the ropes on all of this electronic stuff. (mechanical guy at heart). I am not sure if i am 100% correct about everything but i knew enough that i did not want the commander as my gauges when i looked at them. It would not have been practical for the direction the truck will go.

Rob D
05-16-2007, 08:48 PM
I have this posted in the powerstroke 6.0 section too - theres a lot more valuable info I've found and other guys are offering, check out that thread