PDA

View Full Version : Fass 150gph System

Big A
05-16-2007, 11:47 PM
I just wanted to say I just installed a Fass System on my Powerstroke. It was pretty straight forward and easy. You guys put together a great kit. Everything was there. I only had one problem........My filler neck was metal not a rubber hose, so I couldn't use the manifold supplied. No real biggie though I just cut the barb off the manifold, drilled a 3/8 hole in the right place and welded it in. Works great. Just thought I pass it along to you. Thanks

Diesel-Dan
05-17-2007, 08:25 AM
See...you are only the 2nd one to say something like that......i have never seen an all metal filler neck. BUT glad you got it figured out. Thank God for welders, bailing wire and duct tape, eh? :hehe: :hehe: haha....

Seriously though...ill look into why some trucks are like that and thanks for bringing it to my attention.......Glad the rest when well for ya!

Big A
06-23-2007, 12:53 PM
I have one more question. Can I get rid of my factory pusher pump on the frame, or do I have to keep it along with the FASS System?

Big A
06-28-2007, 04:14 PM
??????? Any Answers????

Diesel-Dan
06-28-2007, 04:40 PM
I have one more question. Can I get rid of my factory pusher pump on the frame, or do I have to keep it along with the FASS System?

Sorry...missed this notification......

UM...what kit do you have? SN would tell me.

BUT if you have a 150 GPH unit...then no. You can not replace the facotry frame pump. If you have a 95 GPH....you can up the pressure and get the fittings to make it work.

Big A
11-03-2007, 11:15 PM
Dan,
I'm being told that I need to eliminate the factory pusher pump because it possibly move enough fuel to supply the 530 injectors. Is this true? It could poss cause a problem of restriction.

Diesel-Dan
11-05-2007, 10:05 AM
Dan,
I'm being told that I need to eliminate the factory pusher pump because it possibly move enough fuel to supply the 530 injectors. Is this true? It could poss cause a problem of restriction.

I really don’t see an issue with a PSD due to the limitation of the fuel system in stock form (High Pressure Oil Pump).

BUT i don’t know what type of injectors those are. What i would suggest to you is to monitor fuel pressure under load. If the pressure drops significantly (15+ PSI), then you might want to consider upgrading to the 90@55 or 180@55 PSI kit.

Big A
11-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Just so you know this is a list of what I have.....

BTS Dual HPOP
ITP Reg. Return System(set at 65psi)
New 530 Injectors with modded nozzles

Right now I have the 3/8" fuel line from the tank to factory pump, and 1/2" fuel line from the factory pump to the fuel bowl. Hope this helps.

Diesel-Dan
11-05-2007, 06:42 PM
Just so you know this is a list of what I have.....

BTS Dual HPOP
ITP Reg. Return System(set at 65psi)
New 530 Injectors with modded nozzles

Right now I have the 3/8" fuel line from the tank to factory pump, and 1/2" fuel line from the factory pump to the fuel bowl. Hope this helps.

You currently have the FASS install now correct? About all i can say is monitor fuel pressure between the fuel rail and the high pressure frame mounted pump. See what it does. If pressure maintains, you are good. If you get a big drop under load, I would suggest looking into an upgrade. Ford, right now, are a wild card due to they are bringing up the tail end of the diesel performance spectrum. Its good to see some fast PSD’s finally come out of the woodwork.

Big A
11-05-2007, 07:34 PM
Ok I will do that after I get it out of the shop with the new mods..........:woohoo: ......... Yes the FASS System is on it now......I'll see if I can find the number of it so you know exactly which one it is. Since I'm a dealer for DPPI it came through them....:thankyou2:

Big A
11-09-2007, 05:04 PM
Dan,
I heard that the factory pusher pump is only rated at 35gph at 50 psi. Is this true?

Also my lil brother has a 2000 F-250 7.3L powerstroke were building up. For now were looking at upgrading the fuel system for bigger injectors down the road. It has 80hp injectors, but going to mini me's soon. Maybe adding a big oil hpop. Plan also includes adding the regulated return system on the motor. What Fass system do you suggest?

Big A
11-20-2007, 09:47 PM
Along with the question above here is the number of the Fass System I have........F-150-150-2012. Does this help?

Diesel-Dan
11-21-2007, 08:50 AM
I can say that is about right on the GPH from our testing here at the shop. BUT again...before you go and talk upgrade....Take your fuel pressure reading first under load....if it stays strong....you are good.

I would suggest the system you have or our 150/90-2014@50 PSI kit. I would only do the 180 GPH if you are going to get stupid with the truck.

I dont know why...but i never got a notification of a new post until just today???

Big A
11-21-2007, 05:46 PM
Well he is going to get one, so what if I get the big 180, and he gets my pump? Would it be just a quick swap? Also I have 1/2" hose from the factory pump up to the fuel bowl, and your 3/8" hose from the Fass system to the factory pump. Is this ok or should I change it? Also if I do get a pressure drop can I eliminate the Factory pusher, and turn up the pressure on the Fass pump, or do I have to switch to another one? As soon as I get it back on the road I will check the pressure, and let you know before I do anything. :thankyou2: for all your help.

DarkShadowDiesel
01-07-2008, 02:45 PM
Well he is going to get one, so what if I get the big 180, and he gets my pump? Would it be just a quick swap? Also I have 1/2" hose from the factory pump up to the fuel bowl, and your 3/8" hose from the Fass system to the factory pump. Is this ok or should I change it? Also if I do get a pressure drop can I eliminate the Factory pusher, and turn up the pressure on the Fass pump, or do I have to switch to another one? As soon as I get it back on the road I will check the pressure, and let you know before I do anything. :thankyou2: for all your help.

if you are going that large on the FASS, you should probably go 1/2" to 5/8" on the feed from the tank to the FASS. i am running ITP's 5/8" feed to my 150/150.