fass just quit working

villarreal

Hey guys my fuel pump just quit runin it just stoped workin idk what happen. Its very cold outside below twenty. Does any one have any ideas. If u need more info just let me know.

My Fass did that, just tap on it and keep trying to run it by tapping the key. I assume you already checked your wiring.

thanks guys but the wiring looks good and its like it works some times and not others. Like a short but every thing looks good

Does it not work for a few minutes when you start it up and then after it runs for a bit idling it builds fuel pressure and the motor start running?

Not knowing which one it is, could it be one of the older ones they recalled for the brushes in the motor?

$.02
If you're getting that cold, chances are you've also got salt on the roads. I would start with checking the grounds.
Something so simple can keep you guessing for weeks!:nail:

Mine did the same thing not 2 months ago. I took it apart and it was the contacts on the bottom of the motor. I cleaned everything up with break cleaner and hit the contact on the bottom of the motor(I cant really remember the name right now damn brain farts) with some 240 grit to repolish it and so far so good. Now that I say that I'll probly be pulling it back off tomorrow and cleaning it agian.

If you do this MAKE sure you mark the housing cause it will go back on either way. I couldnt figure out why my pump was making suction on the out going side but I had the housing on upside down and it reveresed polarity.

Mine had around 90k miles on it when it did it.

Last edited:
Back