PDA

View Full Version : my g56 w/ SBC DD 3250 for your 47/48re

yoda
02-03-2011, 05:00 PM
looking to see if anyone has a OE 47/48RE they are wanting to swap out for a g56. it will come w/ a Southbend 3250 quiet street dual disc. asking 1k plus your parts and you will be able to drive away w/ the g56 in your truck. i'd like to preferably get one from a quad cab short bed 4x4 but open to all options. this trans has been overfilled w/ Amsoil the entire time i've had the truck (3 years). this setup is capable of holding 600 hp.

smoked tranny or torque converter is preferred.

just let me know if your interested, this is a turnkey labor free setup.

Penni
02-20-2011, 04:00 PM
looking to see if anyone has a OE 47/48RE they are wanting to swap out for a g56. it will come w/ a Southbend 3250 quiet street dual disc. asking 1k plus your parts and you will be able to drive away w/ the g56 in your truck. i'd like to preferably get one from a quad cab short bed 4x4 but open to all options. this trans has been overfilled w/ Amsoil the entire time i've had the truck (3 years). this setup is capable of holding 600 hp.

smoked tranny or torque converter is preferred.

just let me know if your interested, this is a turnkey labor free setup.
i have a 47re in my 98 12valve right now and i am wanting a 6 speed for it... Although im not for sure if the g56 will work with my setup? like the transfer case input shaft and the bell housing to the block etc... Please let me know though im highly interested in this but would like to find out a few details first....

yoda
02-21-2011, 10:08 PM
pm sent.

raymonddd
04-21-2011, 06:57 PM
You still looking to swap?
I have the truck in my sig, lemme know!

yoda
04-23-2011, 07:20 AM
thanks for your interest, although i have already swapped trannys w/ someone. you would not want this tranny. since you have 4.10 gears your overdrive would be HORRIBLE. the RPM you turn right now down the highway is what i turn w/ 3.73s and it would just get way worse w/ the 4.10s. just something to think about in case you continue to search for a hand shaker.

raymonddd
04-23-2011, 10:09 AM
Oh that had been a concern, thanks for the input on that.
I wonder if I can put 37's on to offset the rpms?
How was your swap?
Did you find a parts trucks? Or piece it together?

yoda
04-23-2011, 10:51 AM
not a prob, i just wanted to make sure that that was something you took into account. i know i'd be upset if i swapped and no one told me. lol i don't know if they would offset it enough...personally, crusing at 70...i'd like my rpms to be lower then 2k. and i don't know if the 37s would do the trick. the swap wasn't too bad in reality. if it wasn't for the time crunch we were in (we had basically 2 1/2 days to swap everything over). i had a guy on the forum that swapped parts with. that was the best method for cost as well as making sure we had everything need to make the swap. there were a coulpe things that came up that we didn't expect but since both trucks were there we just swapped the parts needed to complete the swap. went really well this way actually.