PDA

View Full Version : EFI RPM limitations

99Binder
02-22-2011, 07:06 PM
Yeah I have an 05 motor stuck in a 706 international tractor I really need to limit the RPMS to 3000 for the class that IM in I had no Idea that it would ever be this hard to get and computorized motor to govern out, can you give me any idea when i will be able to use this product for my application?

raychem
02-22-2011, 09:20 PM
Yeah I have an 05 motor stuck in a 706 international tractor I really need to limit the RPMS to 3000 for the class that IM in I had no Idea that it would ever be this hard to get and computorized motor to govern out, can you give me any idea when i will be able to use this product for my application?

Read the EFI section and the post by Cindy here: EFILive FAQ's - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106637)

03-05's are the last of the bunch. Mid to late this year and they are still working on finding tables for RPM as it has been stated in the other EFI thread. I am in the wait too.

Signature600
02-23-2011, 08:32 AM

How are you controlling your "throttle?" you should just be able to limit the voltage to get an RPM limit.

Might cut back on the fuel a bit, but I wouldn't think too much.

Chris

zstroken
02-23-2011, 08:34 AM
Put a throttle stop. I would think the computer controlled engines would be the easiest. Since they govern rpm based off of throttle position IIRC.

Joesixpack
02-23-2011, 08:55 AM
I don't think thats the case, if the TPS was speed based instead of torque it will work.

It won't go full fuel with the little throttle needed to free rev to 3k.

zstroken
02-23-2011, 09:13 AM
I don't think thats the case, if the TPS was speed based instead of torque it will work.

It won't go full fuel with the little throttle needed to free rev to 3k.

What happens when you apply a load to it though?

You free rev to 3000 rpm, and then apply a load, doesn't it increase fueling to compensate?

I am thinking on my 24V it idles at 850 or so. Let off the clutch it pulls down, but will fuel to get it back to 850.

Joesixpack
02-23-2011, 10:11 AM
At idle the fueling is speed based, above a certain RPM it switches over to torque. Think of the throttle on a tractor, its linear speed control and even at no load full speed is at full throttle.

Were as in a pickup you can get full governed speed at only part throttle at a point that won't command full fuel.

That brings me to an idea that might work for the OP, is using the stock cruise control and resume switch. You would need to rig a tone wheel on the driveline that would output similar pattern to the stock trans, then more or less set the "cruise" at the desired RPM and then use the resume on a pull.

Trouble being that it is a bit slow to respond, but I think it would be workable.

I don't know just how much control efi is going to have over the speed governor its proving to be difficult.

99Binder
02-23-2011, 06:34 PM
I did this just to have something different and its turned out to be a royal sob. We put a throttle stop in it, while in nuetral you can have it at 1/3 throttle and it will eventually rev above 3000. My main wonder is if you only use to 2/3 thottle will it give full fuel.
Here is some Video of it. Last year we pulled in a pace class, and I cought Sh!t for the RPM deal all summer but I didnt domintate so they never kicked me out. That is about 3500 rpm's. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwH9iGPYeSk

LReiff
02-23-2011, 06:37 PM
Looks good! I bet that rpm hang gets annoying!