PDA

View Full Version : WOW

wrongway
02-28-2011, 07:37 AM
Well, the first ever Super Stock Diesel 2.6 race in in the record books! Jeff and I are more than pleased with the turnout. I want to thank all of the racer's, spectator's, and sponsor's that helped make this event a HUGE success. We have proved it will definately work as a stand alone class and can only get better. I quizzed just about everyone I saw over the weekend and have yet to hear a negative thought. The track and staff were awesome, I could not have found a better place to race. The weather was well, let's just say almost perfect. This was my first attempt at promoting and running an event, and all I can say is I'm TIRED!!! Congratulation's to Aron Nick and his crew on the win, and Marco and Bob Wagner for helping to get the payout were it needed to be. I had a confirmation late last night that the rules will stay the same at the TS event and Scheids this year. I'm hoping some of the organizations will put it to good use also. Jeff and I are thinking that the rules we are currently using will help this class go a long way in the future. Thank's again from Jeff and I, Gary

CentFlPerfDsl
02-28-2011, 07:51 AM
GARY
You guys put on one hell of an event. A big thankyou to all involved we had a great time looking forward to the next one, see everyone in gainesville next month :Cheer:

2Tone12V
02-28-2011, 08:03 AM
Congrats to you guys! Your hard work payed off and it showed. AirDog was very glad to be a part of the event and be in attendance. Looking forward to next year.

Shambo
02-28-2011, 08:38 AM
You guys did a great job! It was awsome and could not have gone any better for me anyways! Best weekend I have ever had!

imelmo
02-28-2011, 09:11 AM
Congrats to you guys! Your hard work payed off and it showed. AirDog was very glad to be a part of the event and be in attendance. Looking forward to next year.

AirDog was there? :D

Awesome event on every level! Definitely looking forward to another one! :rockwoot:

2Tone12V
02-28-2011, 09:19 AM

Awesome event on every level! Definitely looking forward to another one! :rockwoot:

I'm hiding my booth from you guys next year! And I'm not bringing T shirts either!LOL

Billysgoat
02-28-2011, 09:29 AM
I'm hiding my booth from you guys next year! And I'm not bringing T shirts either!LOL

More beer, fewer shirts, just sayin :poke: LOL

It was good to meet you Anthony, had a good time.

Gary, ya'll did a great job!! Can't wait till the next one!

Bob Wagner
02-28-2011, 10:03 AM
Thank you Gary and Jeff. What a weekend. I am already peeling and we are having snow showers back in Seattle.

Viva La Bradenton!

UNBROKEN
02-28-2011, 10:13 AM
Best first event I've ever been to. Well worth the trip.
Congrats again to the winners and a huge thank you to Marco and Bob for not only the money Smarty added to the pot but also the update they did to my Smarty. It is much appreciated.

GRotman
02-28-2011, 10:47 AM
Great first event! Congratulations to all those who were involved. It was nice to be at an event with so many hardcore diesel guys.
Big thanks to Dockboy for handling the driving duties for our truck. Also thanks to Joefarmer(Brandon) and Chase Fleece for the help with getting our transmission fixed back up.

TMONEYDIESEL
02-28-2011, 10:52 AM
Great Job to Gary and Jeff, it was a great first event and everyone had a awesome time.

dieselbeef
02-28-2011, 11:12 AM
what they all said!

the other gary

LOGANSTANFORTH
02-28-2011, 11:44 AM

Yes they was, but they was hidden under a giant pile of Shiner Bock, Coors Light and Bud Light cans...

Pffffffft...You need to bring more fat guy shirts next time...

More beer, fewer shirts, just sayin :poke: LOL

It was good to meet you Anthony, had a good time.

Gary, ya'll did a great job!! Can't wait till the next one!

Had a great time hangin' out with you man, can't wait til the next one...

Best first event I've ever been to. Well worth the trip.
Congrats again to the winners and a huge thank you to Marco and Bob for not only the money Smarty added to the pot but also the update they did to my Smarty. It is much appreciated.

You made out better than anyone this weekend you got a 100 Grand and a retuned Smarty...

Great Job to Gary and Jeff, it was a great first event and everyone had a awesome time.

Yes it was, yes it was...I think I am going to have to change my mind about the whole diesel sled pulling thing and build a SS truck to play with...

dieselbeef
02-28-2011, 11:49 AM
logan how did i miss meeting you man..yer a local...but i did skip the waffle house

TravisG
02-28-2011, 12:08 PM
Thanks a lot Gary. Had a great time. The track was awesome, the staff there was great. And the weather was an awesome change from the long cold winter we have had in Denver.

Dockboy
02-28-2011, 01:34 PM
Gary,

You and Jeff did an awesome job and it was a great event!!! Thanks also for letting us borrow your jack stands and jack!!

Great first event! Congratulations to all those who were involved. It was nice to be at an event with so many hardcore diesel guys.
Big thanks to Dockboy for handling the driving duties for our truck. Also thanks to Joefarmer(Brandon) and Chase Fleece for the help with getting our transmission fixed back up.

No problem Glenn!! You, Mitch, Brandon, and Chase busted your ass on that tranny and deserve alot of credit!!!

UNBROKEN
02-28-2011, 01:53 PM
The whole thing had the feel of diesel events 4-5 years ago.
You knew virtually everyone there, no morons doing moron crap, very relaxed...I loved every minute of it.

2Tone12V
02-28-2011, 01:59 PM
You knew virtually everyone there, no morons doing moron crap, very relaxed...I loved every minute of it.

Dude! Your kidding me right... You rode with Heath, there was a lot of moron crap that went on.LOL But I do know what you meant. Good safe party environment after all the racing was over.

wideopen
02-28-2011, 02:03 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ZuMyJxwD340/TS23ehwe6dI/AAAAAAAACQc/ZQmFfBAeXwA/s1600/nail+on+head.jpg

That's it!

2Tone12V
02-28-2011, 02:05 PM
And Phil was there to UNBROKEN. You must not have ran in to all the morons like I did LOL

UNBROKEN
02-28-2011, 02:08 PM
Being a moron and ACTING like a moron are 2 different things. LOL

Phooker
02-28-2011, 02:16 PM
*sarcasm follows*
You mean, doing burnouts and blowing smoke isn't cool?

wrongway
02-28-2011, 02:43 PM
And Phil was there to UNBROKEN. You must not have ran in to all the morons like I did LOL

Anthony, do you attract MORONS?? :doh:

wideopen
02-28-2011, 02:44 PM

Being a moron and ACTING like a moron are 2 different things. LOL

Hooker's gonna take offense to you guys calling him a Moron.bif

Mooring Product
02-28-2011, 02:53 PM
Hooker's gonna take offense to you guys calling him a Moron.bif

His to much of a moron to figure out that you called him a moron. LOL

I can assure you the next event Ill be there for the whole thing or getting a divorce... Either way Im going to enjoy myself.

imelmo
02-28-2011, 03:37 PM

Perfect description. :rockwoot:

turbomatt1
03-04-2011, 11:23 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ZuMyJxwD340/TS23ehwe6dI/AAAAAAAACQc/ZQmFfBAeXwA/s1600/nail+on+head.jpg

That's it!

X2! Lots of drinking & partying till late at the track.....with no Drama!!:clap:

dieselbeef
03-04-2011, 11:27 AM
His to much of a moron to figure out that you called him a moron. LOL

I can assure you the next event Ill be there for the whole thing or getting a divorce... Either way Im going to enjoy myself.

uh huh..........*bdh*

2wd_sled_puller
03-30-2011, 01:39 PM
Gary ray is the next race going to be pretty much the same rules as far as turbo and all. Just wondering ive been thinking about saleing my mud truck and building a ss truck to play with

wrongway
03-30-2011, 02:16 PM
The rules will remain the same for this class as far as I know right now. We have not talked about changing anything other than maybe adding 500 lbs. to the class. Gary

2wd_sled_puller
03-30-2011, 02:28 PM
Gary thats good the pig that im building is gonna be over weight anyways. I think this race gave alot of us courage to wanna build a truck to compete so we all have a whole year to do so. Now all i gotta do is pull some stuff out of my sleeve. and find a differnt motor to build. I manily wanna make sure that nothing is going to change as far as turbo chargers cause i dont wanna sink alot of money into a turbo charger and find out that it wont work. Since u live so close to me though i will let you tech it before its installed

syrupdawg
03-30-2011, 03:00 PM
The rules will remain the same for this class as far as I know right now. We have not talked about changing anything other than maybe adding 500 lbs. to the class. Gary

No more weight! Leave it alone

Blacksdieselhp
03-30-2011, 05:19 PM
If the weight limit is gonna change, I hope we find out pretty quick. Mine just got some liposuction today. Gonna get some more in a few days

wrongway
03-30-2011, 08:47 PM
No more weight! Leave it alone

I'm gonna add 2000 lbs. to ALL red truck's!!!!!!!!:shake::shake:

Blacksdieselhp
03-30-2011, 08:52 PM
that would be awesome. LOL

syrupdawg
03-30-2011, 09:19 PM
Fair enought just add the weight to all red trucks. This brings me to my next question...what color should I repaint my truck?

Blacksdieselhp
03-30-2011, 09:38 PM
RED!

TMONEYDIESEL
03-30-2011, 09:45 PM
Damn my 2.6 truck is red!

wrongway
03-30-2011, 10:07 PM
Damn my 2.6 truck is red!

Taylor, you might want to start thinking about what other color your gonna use :lolly: I heard Will is gonna be a "Rainbow Warrior"!! LMAO

Michael
03-30-2011, 11:17 PM
Does maroon count as red? I think 2WD trucks that pull the front wheels off the ground should get a 0.5 second head start ;)

syrupdawg
03-31-2011, 05:54 AM
Taylor, you might want to start thinking about what other color your gonna use :lolly: I heard Will is gonna be a "Rainbow Warrior"!! LMAO

as long as I don't have to add anymore dang weight! I could pull it off though I think, I mean the pink truck looks better with me in it anyways

turbomatt1
03-31-2011, 12:48 PM
2 wheel drive should get a 500lb break.... Mine handles funny with a 750lb rear bumper!

Acorn 616
03-31-2011, 02:41 PM
2 wheel drive should get a 500lb break.... Mine handles funny with a 750lb rear bumper!

:hehe:LOLNow that's funny! I know I don't wanna do it, but I'm thinking pretty hard about loosing stuff like a/c, heater, and a few other parts so I can try and catch Will. Without that this will be his class. :bang

Blacksdieselhp
03-31-2011, 06:18 PM
Mine is about as skinny as she's gonna get. Got a few more pieces to do tomorrow and off to the track. We'll see if I just wasted a lot of hours or not.