PDA

View Full Version : LLY turbo mouthpiece

Juseman
03-25-2011, 09:45 AM
Is this tubo mouthpiece actually more restrictive than the LBZ's, or is it just a gimmic to get us to buy their product?(AFE) Should I get this or is it a waste of money?

1lowdiesel
03-25-2011, 09:49 AM
Any mouthpiece other than that stock LLY piece will be an upgrade. The LBZ is nice but will require some cutting to get it to work. The AFE is a direct bolt on.

Juseman
03-25-2011, 10:37 AM
ok thanks....is that what you used? what kind of response did you get from it, was it noticeable?

1lowdiesel
03-25-2011, 10:51 AM
I made my own before AFE came out with one. But i've gotten lots of good feedback from the AFE ones.

BPhips5
03-25-2011, 10:58 AM
cant you just hone out the lly one? ive heard of alot of guys honing out the necked down part to open it up and putting it back one and getting better air flow

1lowdiesel
03-25-2011, 11:08 AM
You can do that but it's still not as good as the LBZ or AFE.

JD4440
03-25-2011, 12:44 PM
that's an LB7 trick mostly. The Kodiak piece is ideal but the LBZ piece will work well for the price

Dmax-Dualie
03-25-2011, 05:18 PM
I bought an LBZ mouthpiece for my truck cause its way better than the stocker plus its cheaper than the AFE piece, I read somewhere that the Kodiak piece is smaller than the LBZ but not by much.

For the price id definatly do the LBZ its way cheaper than the AFE and its the same size, only "cutting" i had to do was grind down the flashing on the bottom side of the piece and it fit fine(once you test fit it you will see what part needs to be taken out and its not that much).

As far as the benifits i definatly noticed the boost came on quicker(i dont have a guage but i can attest it definatly came on quicker) and the truck felt peppier a good deal.

Only other thing is you will need to cut your stock intake to fit it to the mouthpiece OR just pick up a used stock LBZ unit or aftermarket LBZ unit and it fits fine. I browsed the classafieds on a couple forums and ended up picking up a used already cut to fit AFE Stg. 2 for 75 bucks that had 2 filters that came with it and a pre filter.

Juseman
03-27-2011, 11:15 PM
thanks!!