Thinking of Pulling my truck at the local Fair

Robts

Proud Fummins Owner
With all this money I have spent what do I need to do to truck pull it at the Fair...
It is lifted and I do have NOS. What class would I run? What do I need to do to the hitch? Trans is strong enough now but, what gear would I use....Remember, I am a newbie to this

Please help...

i would say 2nd for a real heavy sled and 3rd for a lighter one. aw hell, just put it in drive, build some boost and floor it. the main thing is let off of it if it hops. and i mean real fast.

gunracer1 said:
i would say 2nd for a real heavy sled and 3rd for a lighter one. aw hell, just put it in drive, build some boost and floor it. the main thing is let off of it if it hops. and i mean real fast.

Yeah usually when they go hoppy hoppy they go SNAP!!

JW3 said:
Dont do it. The Ford will leave you dissapointed.

:kick:...Actually the 6.0's compete fairly well with real small town pulls where they dont allow any turbo mods in their class, since their already up a 100hp over a 2nd gen dodge and have a variable charger and a 5spd tranny

dzlfarmboy said:
:kick:...Actually the 6.0's compete fairly well with real small town pulls where they dont allow any turbo mods in their class, since their already up a 100hp over a 2nd gen dodge and have a variable charger and a 5spd tranny

Must not be many Duramax trucks around your parts. :kick: :hehe: :eek:wned:

just messin

They normally don't allow NOS at most fairs that I have been too...

How big is the lift? Looks to be about 12 inches? You might have a hard time finding a hitch that you would be able to borrow... Normally needs to be a clevice with 3" inner diameter... and they may also limit the hitch height to 26".

I don't think I would do it unless I had more money to spend... just my .02

Last edited:
I have 6 1/2 lift......Ford just look taller than other brands. Is 26" the ru;e for a hitch . What about my hitch bolted to my truck...Is it strong enough. My buddy has his all welded and reiforced.

U need to contact the association that holds your local pulls for hitch height info, n other rules. Its all in their rulebook. As for pulling strategy, just listen to these guys, n talk to the guys at the track, or if u have any buddies that pull.

Robt what fair are you looking at? I have been to just about everyone in Michigan and can tell you about most. Heck if your at the right one I may be running it.

The Monroe county fair..SE corner of the state. What about the hitch re-inforcement

I don't see where they are having a truck pull. All I see is NTPA show Thursday night. The stock hitch will hold up just fine for someone wanting to pull at a few local pulls. If you get hooked and want to pull more you will want to reinforce it.

Back