PDA

View Full Version : Best Fuel Supply Pump???

Raschein
06-08-2007, 09:42 AM
I am looking to upgrade my Fuel Supply Pump? Should i go with a FASS, or should I go with a Glacier system??? Any help would be appreciated..

Dustin

dzlfarmboy
06-08-2007, 10:07 AM
MITUSA pumps are really solid reliable system, #1 in my book

Morse
06-08-2007, 10:33 AM
I have the Pureflow Air Dog system.. The kit was complete, and the install went very well. They offer a 95, and a 150. My kit came with a 95, and I just ordered a 150 and the price for the new pump was only $64. They don't mind spending some time with you on the phone either if you have any questions.. Hope this helps..

wap
06-08-2007, 11:40 AM
All pumps have the +s and -s. The only proble I had with the mitusa was that it is belt driven and I didnt know how it would hold up in off road or muddy conditions.

I have the glacier kit and I am very happy with it. Rich is a nice guy too and can tell you exactly what you need.

Raschein
06-08-2007, 04:36 PM
I have thought of getting a belt driven pump, yet that was my main concern, whether it would hold up against mud and dirt?? So i may be getting a galcier system. now the question is whether to get the big line kit or just the standard kit..

Pooter
06-08-2007, 07:43 PM
I have thought of getting a belt driven pump, yet that was my main concern, whether it would hold up against mud and dirt?? So i may be getting a galcier system. now the question is whether to get the big line kit or just the standard kit..

How much power do you plan on making and what are your plans later on?
Modded cp3/injectors, etc, etc?

sootman
06-08-2007, 09:21 PM
$.02 go with the glacier. great price and a great guy. (richard) I have installed lots of FASS systems and everyone of them has been missing something in the kit. Too much money spent on those sytems for pieces to be missing.

RascalMafia
06-10-2007, 10:53 PM
im building my own system. 5/8 draw tube, 1/2 inch line, i just havent decided what pump i want to run and at what psi. maybe i will put boost referenced regulator in who knows. i had the fass on my 00 and never had any problems with it other than the ridiculus price of the filters. im getting an fs1000 and filter head for 20 bucks, available most anywhere

8mpg
06-13-2007, 10:44 AM
Im piecing my own Walbro kit together and it should be right at $200... Im also adding a couple aux filters (10mic and 6mic) on the frame rail. My total would be right around $250. Im doing a write up for DTR next week when i do the install if you are interested. It will have all the part numbers and places to buy stuff.

RascalMafia
06-13-2007, 11:50 AM
can you post that write up here too, dtr doesnt like me or allow me to look at their site...which pump are you walbro are you using??

dzlfarmboy
06-13-2007, 11:56 AM
I know if some are planning on running dual CP3's their gonna need someting to flow more volume than these fuel systems out now cause the fuel demand is so much, so I E has come out with a larger MITUSA to flow more for the Dual CP3 demand. If you want any details PM me

8mpg
06-13-2007, 02:44 PM
can you post that write up here too, dtr doesnt like me or allow me to look at their site...which pump are you walbro are you using??

of course... Just waiting on parts right now

JacktheBear3
06-13-2007, 02:59 PM
FASS Fuel systems / my 2cents

8mpg
06-13-2007, 08:29 PM
FASS Fuel systems / my 2cents

FASS pumps are LOUD...and expensive. I have read about a few broken pumps and the guy didnt really stand behind his product. He just told them to clean the brushes even though its under a 6 year warranty...not much of a warranty if you ask me.

JacktheBear3
06-13-2007, 08:36 PM
you have read this.... Sounds like a national recall should be posted. I can tell you the warranty is fine, and if your scared to work on your truck, any aftermarket fuel system is going to be a poor choice. IMO

8mpg
06-13-2007, 08:43 PM
you have read this.... Sounds like a national recall should be posted. I can tell you the warranty is fine, and if your scared to work on your truck, any aftermarket fuel system is going to be a poor choice. IMO

If I was going to spend $500 on a fuel system..Id go with the guy who stands behind his kit. Im going to ahve $250ish into my Walbro kit and it should be just as good if not better than the FASS.

KingS
06-13-2007, 08:44 PM
if you are going to but duel fueler on from ppe or somewhere don't get one unless you but in a actuator to tell it to turn on at a certain boost level do to like the ppe duel fueler won't work right at idle with the auxaliary system on do to too much pressure on the system and it will miss and smoke at idle but running they can be on and it doesn't affect them do to the fact that they need the fuel once pumping hard.

JacktheBear3
06-13-2007, 08:46 PM
If I was going to spend $500 on a fuel system..Id go with the guy who stands behind his kit. Im going to ahve $250ish into my Walbro kit and it should be just as good if not better than the FASS.

I am sure it will be. Good Luck

Luken
06-13-2007, 08:53 PM
I know if some are planning on running dual CP3's their gonna need someting to flow more volume than these fuel systems out now cause the fuel demand is so much, so I E has come out with a larger MITUSA to flow more for the Dual CP3 demand. If you want any details PM me

That's funny... You do not need anything more than a single walbro with dual pumps.

The fastest common rail dodge on fuel right now is running Glaciers Walbro kit with a single walbro at a low psi. Holds the same pressure ALL the way down the track.

If the walbro for some reason isn't enough I would go with GDP's mechanical pump system. I'll have one on my truck here pretty soon. Nobody beats Richards customer service.

95ram
06-15-2007, 01:13 AM

I know the airdog will keep up with modded and dual pumps.

8mpg
06-22-2007, 01:32 AM
Heres the link... Dont know of cross posting is allowed but Im tired and dont want to spend 30 mintues doing 20 posts

http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/showthread.php?t=156619

RascalMafia
06-26-2007, 06:58 AM
Heres the link... Dont know of cross posting is allowed but Im tired and dont want to spend 30 mintues doing 20 posts

http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/showthread.php?t=156619

i cant even go to dtr

dzlfarmboy
06-26-2007, 07:18 AM
I know the airdog will keep up with modded and dual pumps.

Are you making 750+hp on fuel, then you probably dont have a problem with fuel pressure, if not.

Opie
10-21-2007, 09:54 PM
That's funny... You do not need anything more than a single walbro with dual pumps.

The fastest common rail dodge on fuel right now is running Glaciers Walbro kit with a single walbro at a low psi. Holds the same pressure ALL the way down the track.

If the walbro for some reason isn't enough I would go with GDP's mechanical pump system. I'll have one on my truck here pretty soon. Nobody beats Richards customer service.

Your right thats funny! A regular Mitusa puts out more volume/pressure than both the walbro and the GDP version of Mitusa the "boss".

When ran with twin CP3 set ups the regular Mitusa is only rated for below 750 hp.

People can twist the above truth any way they see fit but at the end of the day IE products can be found running in some of the most powerful trucks in the Country. As for customer support if theres any heart ache they will buy back the system. If a guy wants cheap buy the imitator, when its time to put boot to donkey IE has a very good track record.

Smokin07
10-24-2007, 12:30 AM
Your right thats funny! A regular Mitusa puts out more volume/pressure than both the walbro and the GDP version of Mitusa the "boss".

When ran with twin CP3 set ups the regular Mitusa is only rated for below 750 hp.

People can twist the above truth any way they see fit but at the end of the day IE products can be found running in some of the most powerful trucks in the Country. As for customer support if theres any heart ache they will buy back the system. If a guy wants cheap buy the imitator, when its time to put boot to donkey IE has a very good track record.

My local diesel guru tells me that the Mitusa pump needs some sort of modification for high horse power applications. The way I understand it is that the biggest advantage to the Mitusa pump is that (when modified) it is capable of producing significanlty more pressure (140 psi) to the Cp3 pump(s) allowing a gain of 80hp or so. What sort of pressure is the Walbro capable of?

As I cross to the dark side (in my quest for power) I am looking for as much "free" power as I can get. While certainly not free, (from what I understand) the Mitusa seems to be one of those gems for a guy looking to cross over the 700 hp zone.

Cheers!

dobienut
11-01-2007, 06:41 PM
I have the mechanical Fuel Boss from Glacier...absolutely love it! Now I hold excellent psi and I don't worry about starving the VP anymore. And I also agree with the statement about Richard's customer service, it's top notch IMO.

Bad-Duvall
11-01-2007, 06:57 PM
I agree with Luken cant beat the GDP system