PDA

View Full Version : JD 8530 ivt...any way 4 more mph

DaveLjr
04-10-2011, 05:32 PM
Our 8530 is a 26mph tractor and was wondering if there would be any programming out there to get 31mph out of it? I heard stories of guys doing that with fent tractors!

not enoughsmoke
04-10-2011, 05:37 PM
why ?

DaveLjr
04-10-2011, 05:43 PM
why ?

We do alot of road travel so extra 5mpr makes a dif at the end of the day

not enoughsmoke
04-10-2011, 05:51 PM
gotcha the deere IVTs are ticky about messing with them so IDK deere wouldnt even let us at the dealer trear them apart much less let us fool witht the electronics

DaveLjr
04-10-2011, 05:59 PM
gotcha the deere IVTs are ticky about messing with them so IDK deere wouldnt even let us at the dealer trear them apart much less let us fool witht the electronics

Yea i tried asking our dealer n thats what he said to....i guess there wouldnt be a way to trick any thing with tire size calibration? That would just change ur read out maybe?

chromedome1
04-10-2011, 06:13 PM
Yes you can, I will find address to change.

DaveLjr
04-10-2011, 06:20 PM
Yes you can, I will find address to change.

Thanks! Sure would be glad for the info.

MiB
04-12-2011, 05:44 AM
Yea i tried asking our dealer n thats what he said to....i guess there wouldnt be a way to trick any thing with tire size calibration? That would just change ur read out maybe?

I have try that but it don't work, I have a 7720.

cumminspuller
04-12-2011, 11:23 AM
Our 8530 is a 26mph tractor and was wondering if there would be any programming out there to get 31mph out of it? I heard stories of guys doing that with fent tractors!

If you could get someone at the dealer to do it, you might be able to take and reprogram the the computer that controls the IVT (PCM???) and load the 31 MPH program on it like the Euro. tractors have. I'm not sure if that is the only reprogram you would have to do or if would have to be done as well for it to work. Deere doesnt want anyone taking them apart so they can inspect them when you send them back for a core if they go out.

Signature600
04-12-2011, 12:40 PM
BTW, the Fendt doesn't need reprogrammed to do 31mph...they do 33mph out of the factory...the tranny will do better than 60mph if they wanted it it;)

That's the difference between a real CVT, and a knockoff IVT;)

Chris

9724VF350
04-12-2011, 06:54 PM
BTW, the Fendt doesn't need reprogrammed to do 31mph...they do 33mph out of the factory...the tranny will do better than 60mph if they wanted it it;)

Chris

X2 LOL

I'm sure you've heard how deere engineers couldn't reassemble a real cvt after taking it apart.....

Signature600
04-13-2011, 07:39 AM
X2 LOL

I'm sure you've heard how deere engineers couldn't reassemble a real cvt after taking it apart.....

Yeah, also heard about how many of the IVT's they've had to buy back because they couldn't keep them cool.

I had one of the Deere "engineer's" so mad at me at the Louisville farm show the year those IVT's came out, that he literally walked away from me. I was trying to make their cutaway work, and I kept comparing it to the AGCO CVT, and said how much simpler they were to operate, and he just glared at me and walked away.

Chris

MiB
04-13-2011, 09:52 AM
If you know a WIN from an 8530 in UK or Germany with air brakes and 50 km/h then you can buy a software and upgrade, in other case it's a big problem

DaveLjr
04-13-2011, 09:25 PM

Chris

Yea i heard a few problems with the deere but ours is doing great so far!!!! SOLID STABLE STILL JOHN DEERE

DaveLjr
04-13-2011, 09:27 PM
If you know a WIN from an 8530 in UK or Germany with air brakes and 50 km/h then you can buy a software and upgrade, in other case it's a big problem

Il see what i can figure out! Thanks

Signature600
04-14-2011, 06:53 AM
Yea i heard a few problems with the deere but ours is doing great so far!!!! SOLID STABLE STILL JOHN DEERE

There have been lots of problems with them. Glad you like yours, and good luck....if yours is running good that's all that matters;)

Chris

9724VF350
04-14-2011, 02:47 PM
SOLID STABLE STILL JOHN DEERE

And the only reason for that is because nobody else wants them. All they know how to do is copy something and do a piss poor job of it then brainwash the gullible into believing they thought it up.

On second thought they do know how to advertise. That's the only thing that's got them where they're at.

cumminspuller
04-15-2011, 08:46 AM
Around here there are only 2 IVT deere tractors a 6420 and a 7920. I've put several hundred hours on the 7920 and love it. I'm not saying I would buy one if I could afford it for the simple fax that i don't like not being able to build the trans if something did happen to it. I've never been around an Agco or IH CVT tractor. There was one at the Agco dealer about 45 min from the house about 2 years ago. They pulled it at the local tractor pull in the dual wheel class and beat 18 other tractors. It got shipped to another dealer by Agco cause it sat here so long and nobody wanted it.

1lowdiesel
04-15-2011, 09:25 AM
Check and see if TS has a moduel for it i know they will usually get you a few more MPH.

Signature600
04-15-2011, 12:12 PM
Around here there are only 2 IVT deere tractors a 6420 and a 7920. I've put several hundred hours on the 7920 and love it. I'm not saying I would buy one if I could afford it for the simple fax that i don't like not being able to build the trans if something did happen to it. I've never been around an Agco or IH CVT tractor. There was one at the Agco dealer about 45 min from the house about 2 years ago. They pulled it at the local tractor pull in the dual wheel class and beat 18 other tractors. It got shipped to another dealer by Agco cause it sat here so long and nobody wanted it.

I don't know who your dealer is down there, but I know I have some customers down there that hate one of those dealers...

Chris

cumminspuller
04-15-2011, 02:53 PM
I don't know who your dealer is down there, but I know I have some customers down there that hate one of those dealers...

Chris

Haney Equipment is the dealer I was talking about that had the Agco CVT tractor. They've been around for a long time and have figured out if you have anything Agco around here and don't want to drive to get parts then you're going to pay for it. They are teh closest Gleaner dealer as well. Who are your customers down this way? One of them wouldn't be Bragg Farms would it?

Signature600
04-15-2011, 03:14 PM
Haney Equipment is the dealer I was talking about that had the Agco CVT tractor. They've been around for a long time and have figured out if you have anything Agco around here and don't want to drive to get parts then you're going to pay for it. They are teh closest Gleaner dealer as well. Who are your customers down this way? One of them wouldn't be Bragg Farms would it?

Yeah, had a run in with that dealer. I can't remember all the guys down there, I just remember them when they call. We sold a tractor down there and ended up having to make a service call all the way down there to fix it, since the local dealer had no clue what was going on.

Don't remember Bragg Farms though...
Chris

cumminspuller
04-15-2011, 03:42 PM
Yeah, had a run in with that dealer. I can't remember all the guys down there, I just remember them when they call. We sold a tractor down there and ended up having to make a service call all the way down there to fix it, since the local dealer had no clue what was going on.

Don't remember Bragg Farms though...
Chris

From what I know about that dealer and the people as far as newer stuff there is one guy that is decent at fixing them but thats it. I work in the same town as that dealer is in now so I hear a bit more about how they operate. When I read that last post I started trying to think of anybody that may have gotten something from up your way but Bragg was it. They used to run all Agco. About 10 years ago the son took over the farm and they started buying Deere equipment minus combines. They still run Gleaner combines today. I knew they traded usaully with a Gleaner dealer up north I just don't know where. There is a dealer up there that bought their corn heads back from them year befor last when they traded all there combines in.

Signature600
04-16-2011, 06:59 AM
From what I know about that dealer and the people as far as newer stuff there is one guy that is decent at fixing them but thats it. I work in the same town as that dealer is in now so I hear a bit more about how they operate. When I read that last post I started trying to think of anybody that may have gotten something from up your way but Bragg was it. They used to run all Agco. About 10 years ago the son took over the farm and they started buying Deere equipment minus combines. They still run Gleaner combines today. I knew they traded usaully with a Gleaner dealer up north I just don't know where. There is a dealer up there that bought their corn heads back from them year befor last when they traded all there combines in.

Name doesn't ring a bell...if they were buying combines I should remember them, so I don't think it's us...There's another big Gleaner dealer in Indiana that could send them that way, or even a decent one over in West TN

Chris

cumminspuller
04-18-2011, 09:43 AM
Name doesn't ring a bell...if they were buying combines I should remember them, so I don't think it's us...There's another big Gleaner dealer in Indiana that could send them that way, or even a decent one over in West TN

Chris

O well. It may be the one over in Indiana then.

schreis718
04-29-2011, 06:06 PM
you can use jd service advisor to recalibrate it it does work i did it in college its not hard u just need the program

junktruck
06-27-2011, 11:08 PM
I have used sevice advisor to recalibrate alot of things in our tractors but i have never seen where i can change the max speed. Most of the farmers around here have been using some sort of aftermarket programmer to change there power outputs and ground speeds. Im not sure who makes it because they are good about making sure they have removed it before we work on the tractor.

cumminspuller
06-28-2011, 09:47 AM
Did you ever have any luck with this?

DaveLjr
07-07-2011, 09:17 PM
Did you ever have any luck with this?

Not yet....would like to do more research this summer!

junktruck
07-15-2011, 09:39 PM
I have been playin around with the computer at work and it does have the ability to raise the max rpm which i guess would give you more ground speed. I don't know how well the motor would do with the extra strain but they are pretty stout. If you have a reasonable dealer maybe they could change that for you but make sure you tell them you need the rpm for some implement you have, John Deere is big on safety so telling them you want to go faster probably won't go over good.

DaveLjr
07-16-2011, 12:09 AM
I have been playin around with the computer at work and it does have the ability to raise the max rpm which i guess would give you more ground speed. I don't know how well the motor would do with the extra strain but they are pretty stout. If you have a reasonable dealer maybe they could change that for you but make sure you tell them you need the rpm for some implement you have, John Deere is big on safety so telling them you want to go faster probably won't go over good.

Hey il try it! Not sure what they will say bout the rpm? !!!:badidea:

Bad Moose
07-16-2011, 08:29 AM
Have you tried playing with the speed cal numbers yet? Don't know if it has them but on sprayers when you do yu can get them moving that way. (4930)

bmoeller
10-09-2011, 01:05 PM

If your spelling is any indication of your intelligence, I wouldn't want you to tear into mine either.