how much is it worth?

973604x4

aka landphil
I've got my eye on a 92 cummins in MINT condition. It has one big dent on the bed but other than that, the body is totally straight. It has ALL factory interior, no cracks in the dash, seat in perfect condition, bed is clean and straight, factory wheels and hub caps, auto tranny in need of rebuild, engine totally stock except a straight pipe that I paid for. Odometer is broken and has been for a while but the truck runs like new and recently had all seals replaced and fluids changed. Only needs a tranny rebuild.

How much would you pay for it? The truck was being driven by a girl. I was/am good friends with her thus I got her a straight pipe for her birthday! Her dad now has the truck and he's thinking about selling it. This isn't something i'm gonna let pass by me! sooo....

how much would you pay for it?

I know this. It's mint. It has a dent. It's a 92. Shoot..... I'll go $51. and steal the sale from partsguy.
In all honesty, if you want it, check KBB.com

Last edited:
www.KBB.com is for average people. I know that 12 valve is in top condition and the truck is rare find. i figured it would be item in demand for a cummins enthusiast, but based off of the $50 and $51 remarks, i guess not :doh:

Average people? Oooookay.
I'd say the truck is worth some money. The older Cummins 6bt is a good engine, the fuel system leaves alot to be desired. I have people in this area (western Pa.) that like those older MY for the chassis. Big for the truck pullers. It's hard to give a figure, but I'd say 3500-4000 if its as nice as you say and 4x4

what model/body style/options does it have?

The wholesale (black book runs from 600 (rough book stripped 250) to 4300 (cln book loaded 350)

the configuration makes a huge difference. I saw a D250 automatic in the paper for $3000. My buddy just picked up a near mint D350 flatbed auto for $3700. A W250 5 speed down the road just brought $7500.

I did post a reply on this yesterday. So I guess i'll add my $.02 again.

With a wasted A518, n 1 dent? Well it kind of depends, up here in the northeast for a rust free truck like that, it'll probably bring 3-4K. If the guy doesnt know what hes got 2-3K.
I would probably pay 2500 tops, but I dont want a 92 w-250 either. not with an auto anyway. But that just me.

This is a nice clean w250 that just sold on fleabay for 2300 bucks!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1990...QQihZ011QQcategoryZ119143QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Just for reference, im not knocking em at all. I love first gens, and id pay 10K for the right one. Its really easier for us to tell ya if its a good deal or not, rather then how much we'd pay.

Cowboy_Customs said:
I did post a reply on this yesterday. So I guess i'll add my $.02 again.

With a wasted A518, n 1 dent? Well it kind of depends, up here in the northeast for a rust free truck like that, it'll probably bring 3-4K. If the guy doesnt know what hes got 2-3K.
I would probably pay 2500 tops, but I dont want a 92 w-250 either. not with an auto anyway. But that just me.

This is a nice clean w250 that just sold on fleabay for 2300 bucks!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1990...QQihZ011QQcategoryZ119143QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Just for reference, im not knocking em at all. I love first gens, and id pay 10K for the right one. Its really easier for us to tell ya if its a good deal or not, rather then how much we'd pay.

I priced it on KBB.....$4200-$4800 range. It has ALL the options available back in the day and they all still work. Because the tranny is toast, im planning to pick it up for $2000 plus the odometer is broken. Now I'll just wait on the guy to sell it to me.

The truck is super reliable and I need a truck like that. My 05 keeps tearing stuff up. Ball joints, TIRES (15k on a set of tires:hehe: ), i'm on my fourth lift pump(3 of which were aftermarket), second ECM, totally destroyed a stock flex plate before it was upgraded, 2nd rebuild since i have put a DTT in it, etc. The twins like to piss oil occasionally and its all turned into a big mess. I want this 12 valve for a daily driver until I get everything on the 05 fixed right.

Back