PDA

View Full Version : Anarchy Diesel's first tuned cummins

phale
06-03-2011, 10:41 PM
After getting some bugs worked out with the software and my computer I was finally able to tune Melissa's 06 cummins tonight. If you are familiar with the Duramax tuning then you will see some things that you recognize and some things that are totally different. I began with a stock tune and a large file from a "box" tuner and compared them. What I saw in the box tuner was that there was amazingly few changes made from the stock tune. The fueling, timing, and rail pressure graphs were horribly peaky and it makes sense after seeing them why the trucks have throttle hang, rail rattle, timing rattle(there was as much as 52 degrees of timing) and other ailments that people complain about. The stock file is just as rough but with less difference between the peaks and valleys. I spent about 2 hours with the stock file smoothing the fueling, timing and rail values. I also turned off the third injection event and added a little fuel to the top end of the fueling tables. On the initial test drive the truck drove completely different from stock or the box tuner. Throttle hang was all but non existent, throttle response was very quick and linear and the truck now has full fueling to around 3500 rpms. We still have a long way to go before we see what all this tool will do for the cummins, but in a short time I took a truck that I did not like driving before and made it much more civilized while still having good power. I look forward to hearing what others have been able to do, and I am going to start playing with the pulling truck tomorrow:evil

06RedRam
06-03-2011, 11:44 PM
Nice job

not enoughsmoke
06-04-2011, 12:14 AM
awesome cody i might be comming to see that soon

MotoCraneGuy17
06-04-2011, 07:16 AM
What pilot or post table(s) particularly do you modify to turn off pilot or post injection?

And ditto on vs duramax familiarity. I'd never seen so many 2D graphs and axis graphs.

Thanks,

phale
06-04-2011, 07:45 AM
I don't remember the exact table numbers I will look later, but I set the main table as well as all the modifier and air density tables to 0.0 on duration. I have only done this with post injection and not pilot yet, I may try to build a single injection event file for the pulling truck today to see how it runs. After driving the truck it seems that the post injection event may have some affect on fuel mileage or at least the display is showing lower than previously.

chizwizdiz
06-04-2011, 07:47 AM
When I pulled my box tune, my tune file analysis said incomplete, do not flash.

While looking through the tables, I've realized that I have no idea what I'm looking at. Lol!

phale
06-04-2011, 07:56 AM
I say your posts on the efi site's forum did they ever get you going. One thing I will say about them is they were super quick last night at helping get my software issues figured out. Customer support on this release has been excellent.

chizwizdiz
06-04-2011, 08:04 AM
I say your posts on the efi site's forum did they ever get you going. One thing I will say about them is they were super quick last night at helping get my software issues figured out. Customer support on this release has been excellent.

They are very good at customer support! The instructions they gave me for changing to the old drivers worked perfectly for my connectivity issues. Now my struggle is with pulling the stock file. Apparently, the bullydog that was on my truck doesn't want to let go. lol! I tried pulling the bullydog tune to see what it looked like and got the "incomplete do not flash" note, so I returned the truck to stock and still got the incomplete message. So I'm not sure what to do now.

phale
06-04-2011, 08:57 AM
After I pulled the file from the box we were using out of the truck with EFI and then tried to return the truck to stock with the box it took about 4 tries before it finally returned to stock. I was beginning to get very concerned that I would not be able to pull it out. Did it go so far as to give you your operating system number? If it is the same as one of our trucks I will be glad to send you one of our stock files so you can start playing with it.

chizwizdiz
06-04-2011, 09:04 AM
After I pulled the file from the box we were using out of the truck with EFI and then tried to return the truck to stock with the box it took about 4 tries before it finally returned to stock. I was beginning to get very concerned that I would not be able to pull it out. Did it go so far as to give you your operating system number? If it is the same as one of our trucks I will be glad to send you one of our stock files so you can start playing with it.

I'm displaying OS-11352409, Calibration- 35325853AG, Version- 7.01

I'm not sure if that's all the information you need.

MotoCraneGuy17
06-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Would I need to modify the Main injection event, etc. if I turn off Pilot injection? Just want to hear what a 12V sounds for giggles and turn a couple heads. Lol.

Thanks,

2007 5.9
06-04-2011, 01:33 PM
When I pulled pilot away...truck runs ok when warm, but when cold....very unhappy.''
Might have to add some main timing to get it to run right...I didnt have time to mess with it.

I am running pilot off after 2200rpm and 75mm3....trucks LOVES it.

~Les

THEFERMANATOR
06-04-2011, 03:04 PM
When I pulled pilot away...truck runs ok when warm, but when cold....very unhappy.''
Might have to add some main timing to get it to run right...I didnt have time to mess with it.

I am running pilot off after 2200rpm and 75mm3....trucks LOVES it.

~Les

Haven't seen a CUMMINS tune yet, but I kn ow the guys tht do this with LB7's say you have to bump the timing WAY up at idle to run without pilot. On an LB7 the injector timing at idle is normally about 3-3.5 degrees ATDC, without pilot you need to be up around 6-10 BTDC which is about where the pilot event occurs in an LB7 at idle. Also they say starting without the block heater below 20 degrees is almost impossible without the pilot event, whereas with it they start well down below 0 without the block heater. I'm sure the CUMMINS is slightly differrent, but similiar theory. I considered and played around with it some, but I don't like the extra noise in my BURB. You can always turn the pilot off just off idle so you keep your good starting, yet have that 12 valve sound when your on the throttle.

4bt4me
06-04-2011, 03:37 PM
:clap: This is all just awesome! I really cannot wait for the later releases, but by the time they are out the tuners will hopefully have learned all the little details...

phale
06-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Today I tuned our '07 6 speed dually and got some real world time pulling a trailer. Was pretty much able to get rid of all the boost limiting and really smoothed the truck out nice. before tuning boost would jump to 30 psi and then fall back to around 24 when the gate opened. Now the truck holds a solid 30 psi and egt's never climbed above 1050 with about 10,000lbs behind it. I am still working on tuning the sled pulling truck and trying to run a single injection event.

icemanjc1
06-04-2011, 04:21 PM
I'm displaying OS-11352409, Calibration- 35325853AG, Version- 7.01

I'm not sure if that's all the information you need.

Did you get this figured out? I'm having the exact same issue. Fricken Bullydog.

Cal-35325553AS OS-11352409

If it works for you, send it my way.

chizwizdiz
06-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Did you get this figured out? I'm having the exact same issue. Fricken Bullydog.

Cal-35325553AS OS-11352409

If it works for you, send it my way.

Not yet. I loaded and unloaded it three times now, just to see if something was stuck. I made sure I even put the tire size, seatbelt chimer, etc, back to stock. Now I'm seeing a script error and can't even get the V8 to read the ECM. The EFI Live folks have me checking some files now......

I'm in contact with Rob from ATP who is going to try and get me a stock 2006 file. When I get this figured out, I'll send some information your way.

rajkalkat
06-05-2011, 12:55 AM
i have a dead truck thanks to bully dog

looking for a stock file

os-11352409
cal-35325533AS

EFI Support
06-05-2011, 06:56 AM
i have a dead truck thanks to bully dog

looking for a stock file

os-11352409
cal-35325533AS

We've investigated this issue, and it appears that returning your vehicle to stock with your programmer isn't infact returning the ECM to stock.

Flashing in a true stock file will fix your issue. We will upload the stock tunes we have from testing onto the Tune Library both here on CompD and on the Tune File Depot (http://www.tunefiledepot.com/) within the next 24 hours.

Cheers
Cindy

EFI Support
06-05-2011, 06:57 AM
Not yet. I loaded and unloaded it three times now, just to see if something was stuck. I made sure I even put the tire size, seatbelt chimer, etc, back to stock. Now I'm seeing a script error and can't even get the V8 to read the ECM. The EFI Live folks have me checking some files now......

I'm in contact with Rob from ATP who is going to try and get me a stock 2006 file. When I get this figured out, I'll send some information your way.

Josh, your issue is the same. Files will be up within 24 hours.

Cheers
Cindy

phale
06-05-2011, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the help with the bully dog problems, We have a ppe on the pulling truck (which I think is the same as the bullydog) and it is giving the same problem.

THEFERMANATOR
06-05-2011, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the help with the bully dog problems, We have a ppe on the pulling truck (which I think is the same as the bullydog) and it is giving the same problem.

I've tuned a DURAMAX before with a PPE, and it didn't return it to true stock when it was done either. I had to find a true stock OS to build off of for it as the PPE stock kept giving me a copywright message and had some wierd values in it.

rajkalkat
06-05-2011, 12:41 PM
We've investigated this issue, and it appears that returning your vehicle to stock with your programmer isn't infact returning the ECM to stock.

Flashing in a true stock file will fix your issue. We will upload the stock tunes we have from testing onto the Tune Library both here on CompD and on the Tune File Depot (http://www.tunefiledepot.com/) within the next 24 hours.

Cheers
Cindy

thanks you guys are awesome.

2007 5.9
06-05-2011, 01:20 PM
thanks you guys are awesome.

Raj,

I have a stock 06 sw for you when i figure out how to change the VIN for it I will send it to you...

~Les

icemanjc1
06-05-2011, 04:32 PM
Les, could post that stock 06 tune here for us? Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together - EFI Live Files - Cummins EFI Live Files (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=20)

2007 5.9
06-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Les, could post that stock 06 tune here for us? Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together - EFI Live Files - Cummins EFI Live Files (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=20)

EFI Support will be posting stock files I think this evening or tomorrow. I'll let them do the posting.

~Les

EFI Support
06-05-2011, 06:30 PM

Are you dealing with anyone at EFILive on this issue as yet? I've checked our forum, but can't find anything under this user ID. If you haven't, can you please email me your tune when you reset the vehicle to stock so we can determine if this is the exact same issue.

email cindy at efilive dot com

Cheers
Cindy

icemanjc1
06-05-2011, 07:35 PM
Thanks for posting those tunes Cindy...

EFI Support
06-05-2011, 07:38 PM
We have now posted 7 stock tunes, instructions can be found in my new post in the EFILive sub-forum.

If your stock tune is not listed there, please read and save your file with EFILive and email it to me cindy at efilive dot com.

Cheers
Cindy

EFI Support
06-05-2011, 07:40 PM

As a word of caution, I strongly suggest you email us the tune before attempting to flash in the matching stock file I just posted.....we haven't come across the programmer you have on your truck, so cannot confirm what your issue is or what the outcome of trying the files posted may be.

It's far better to be safe than sorry.

Cheers
Cindy

phale
06-05-2011, 09:14 PM
We got it working, finally got it to unload correctly. I am having problems with the scan tool though. It connects and I select a PID group but when I press either the red or yellow button I don't get any readings. when I push the square stop button I get values for a split second and then they disappear again.

chizwizdiz
06-06-2011, 06:36 AM
Josh, your issue is the same. Files will be up within 24 hours.

Cheers
Cindy

Thanks! :woohoo:

EFI Support
06-06-2011, 08:13 AM
Have updated the tune library with remaining files; including an unsupported operating system. Support for this file will be in our update scheduled for Tuesday.

Cheers
Cindy

Black6spdZ
06-12-2011, 04:07 AM
first question of the day.. any chance for a DSP2/5?

Howling
06-12-2011, 05:19 AM
Cindy has stated already that they are going to work on a CSP(Cummins Switchable Power) in the near future.

phale
06-12-2011, 10:42 AM
I know that hardware for the switch is being developed so hopefully we will have the CSP option soon.

phale
06-12-2011, 11:54 AM
We are looking for 10-15 cummins trucks to do our own sort of beta testing on. We would like to have trucks with varying mods from stock to fully built trucks. You will need to have you own V2 setup if you are not in the area and the tuning will not cost you anything if you already have your own V2. If you are in our area and can come by the shop the only thing it will cost you is the license fee. If interested call us at 423-506-7427 or email anarchydiesel@gmail.com.

EFI Support
06-12-2011, 07:22 PM
CSP will be developed in good time. It's too early for us to determine hardware for a CSP switch, or even if it will be a switch.

There are a couple of ideas in the pipelines for switchable tuning, but not all of them involve a switch or the current switch design. Until we start development on the project and work what the ECM and we are capable of we won't know what the end result will look like.

My suggestion to anyone currently developing a switch for this purpose is to wait, your hard work and efforts may be fruitless if we take a different path.

Cheers
Cindy

Rollnskoal
06-12-2011, 11:54 PM
I want to see some tunes out for my 05.:bang

Timmay
06-13-2011, 02:44 AM

what BD product did you have and what was the issue? pretty much any of the programmers you can put a recovery on to get truck back to stock or if i a file didnt fully load

EFI Support
06-13-2011, 04:47 PM
what BD product did you have and what was the issue? pretty much any of the programmers you can put a recovery on to get truck back to stock or if i a file didnt fully load

The issue is that programmer when it flashes your truck writes to the calibration area of the ECM and a non calibration area of the ECM.

When you select the stock setting, the programmer only returns the calibration area back to stock, and not what it modifies in the non calibration area; so technically it's not completely stock.

EFILive works different to other programmers; we need customers to read the file in their ECM, save it, and use it as the base to make changes. This particular programmer cannot be read because of the changes in the non calibration area of the ECM.

For Customers to use our software on a truck previously tuned with this programmer they need to first of all install a stock tune with EFILive from the tune library, load in their VIN and read/save the tune. Once this is done, the ECM is returned to stock and tuning can commence.

Cheers
Cindy