PDA

View Full Version : BMDMAX's Guide to Engine Removal Hotness

BMDMAX
06-19-2007, 11:38 AM
Hey guys. Been a while since I posted but I make up for it in quality. ;) Well, at least I hope so.

Truck will be out for a while yet, I am missing all the fun summer events but such is the price of progress.

Enjoy.

http://www.bmdmax.com/DDRemoval.htm (Note: This guide is IE based, not Firefox friendly. Sorry for the inconvenience.)

More info to follow soon...

http://www.bmdmax.com/ddremoval_files/image079.jpg

C.A.P
06-19-2007, 11:42 AM
I will have to switch back to IE to look hold on !

SmokeShow
06-19-2007, 12:01 PM
Again, excellent write-up. Can't wait for the tear down and rebuild write-ups!

You rock bro. :rockwoot:

Timbeaux
06-19-2007, 12:08 PM
Damn Brandon! Nice Writeup!

wideopen
06-19-2007, 12:11 PM
Very good Info Brandon...I think If I ever need it done I'll just trailer to your House.

Good Job Brandon.

C.A.P
06-19-2007, 01:14 PM
nicewrite up indeed ! Them JAW-JA winters sure are kind to ya !

Dieselson
06-19-2007, 06:45 PM
That is great info, I will bookmark this for future reference.

crewgirl
06-19-2007, 09:57 PM
Worked ok for me with Firefox..........

TooMuchBoost
06-20-2007, 05:19 AM
Worked ok for me with Firefox..........

Same here.

Brandon- When and how did you grenade your motor? You may have posted this but I haven't had time to read these boards like I used to.

I was wondering what happened to you.

Good luck on the new motor.:Cheer:

BMDMAX
06-20-2007, 07:51 AM
Same here.

Brandon- When and how did you grenade your motor? You may have posted this but I haven't had time to read these boards like I used to.

I was wondering what happened to you.

Good luck on the new motor.:Cheer:

Andy,

Here is my post from 1-25-07. Man, it does not seem like it has been sitting for six months! I have been busy with other projects and I wanted to see how some of these other builds are coming along. I don't want to do it twice.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

My LB7 has passed into the great beyond. At least the 1/4 mile long oil trail and the 60 PSI to zero oil pressure gauge reading tells me so.

Almost a non-event really. I expected a much more dramatic blowup, after 70K miles of beating her like a rented mule, 500 to 600 1/4 mile passes, countless 700 plus horsepower runs with a few 800's thrown in for good measure, tons of spray digested, 5 smoked trannies, a grenaded G80, a snapped wheel stud, and a blown turbo she finally gave a slight flutter and let go.

No ventilated block to see through, rods hanging out or metal parts on the ground. Just pizzing oil out between the trans and block like a river. My first thought was rear seal but I know it has to be worse than that.

I think the daily stress of the bigger turbo with dual CP3's put it over the edge. It certainly did not have far to go, considering what came before that but I can't complain. This truck has been awesome and the LB7 has delivered day after day for me. Tons of great memories and friends made along the way.

I think it is going to be fun building a replacement engine, hopefully a full tilt build will last me as long.