PDA

View Full Version : stretching the rules

mech2161
06-16-2011, 08:02 PM
Rick, I've had a few calls over the last few days to get my take on some of the rules. The two that seem to be in question are hitches and p-pumps. While I have my opinion I thought it might be best to let you know about this and make the call.

The hitch that seemed to ruffle some feathers appeared to be attached in front of the rear axle. I have no first hand knowledge of the truck in question. Apparently this truck was allowed to pull in the 2.6 class.

The pump issue doesn't involve a "single" truck. I guess there are people saying that there are trucks running Ag pumps. I know that without someone knowing what to look for it could be over looked or not looked for at all.

It's tough enough to be competitive without spending $20k+. One person said they wouldn't finish their truck if they needed these to run with FPP.

Hitch: The hitch must be a receiver-style hitch; reinforcements are permitted. Reinforcements must not extend forward of the centerline of the rear axle. Trick hitches are prohibited. The hooking point must be the rear-most point on the vehicle

and must be rearward of the stock location of the tailgate. The hitch must be horizontal to the ground and stationary in all directions. Bumpers may be notched or removed. The hitch’s height from the ground may not exceed 26 inches on 4wd units and 30 inches on 2wd units. The hooking point must have a minimum 3.750-inch inside diameter opening for the sled hook. The hooking point will be measured to the center of the clevis loop.

Fuel Injection Pump: The fuel injection pump is limited to a stock-appearing, OEM engine make-specific pump only. Dual high-pressure common-rail fuel pumps or HPOPs are permitted. The P7100 injection pump, if equipped, must utilize a stock-appearing governor.

madmikeismad
06-16-2011, 08:27 PM
How do you check for different governors?

dieseljunkie
06-16-2011, 08:30 PM
there is still a $500 protest fee isnt there? :pop:

05_LLY
06-16-2011, 08:31 PM
I know the hitch in question, the hitch fits the rules as writen, i questioned it at first myself but after looking harder at last pull, its 100% good, its just different, As for ag govs, i dont know, I wouldnt know one if i seen one..... i know we were teched hard last pull, turbo pluged, weights measued and so on!

mech2161
06-16-2011, 08:54 PM
I don't know what truck or trucks are in question. I took two calls just today.
So the hitch doesn't attach in front of the rear axle?

05_LLY
06-16-2011, 09:00 PM
Not on the truck i knew was in question ne ways!

HIGH TECH RAM
06-16-2011, 09:00 PM
:pop:

ktmracer21
06-16-2011, 09:12 PM
which truck? as for the weight measurement...two guys holding a string up then laying it on the ground and measuring? i actually pointed and laughed. maybe use a drywall square (longer)??? or a level??

DrThunder1126
06-16-2011, 09:30 PM
Rick, I've had a few calls over the last few days to get my take on some of the rules. The two that seem to be in question are hitches and p-pumps. While I have my opinion I thought it might be best to let you know about this and make the call.

The hitch that seemed to ruffle some feathers appeared to be attached in front of the rear axle. I have no first hand knowledge of the truck in question. Apparently this truck was allowed to pull in the 2.6 class.

The pump issue doesn't involve a "single" truck. I guess there are people saying that there are trucks running Ag pumps. I know that without someone knowing what to look for it could be over looked or not looked for at all.

It's tough enough to be competitive without spending $20k+. One person said they wouldn't finish their truck if they needed these to run with FPP.

Hitch: The hitch must be a receiver-style hitch; reinforcements are permitted. Reinforcements must not extend forward of the centerline of the rear axle. Trick hitches are prohibited. The hooking point must be the rear-most point on the vehicle

and must be rearward of the stock location of the tailgate. The hitch must be horizontal to the ground and stationary in all directions. Bumpers may be notched or removed. The hitch’s height from the ground may not exceed 26 inches on 4wd units and 30 inches on 2wd units. The hooking point must have a minimum 3.750-inch inside diameter opening for the sled hook. The hooking point will be measured to the center of the clevis loop.

Fuel Injection Pump: The fuel injection pump is limited to a stock-appearing, OEM engine make-specific pump only. Dual high-pressure common-rail fuel pumps or HPOPs are permitted. The P7100 injection pump, if equipped, must utilize a stock-appearing governor.

Who in their right mind would call YOU to get a straight forward opinion on a rule???

And why are you nosing into this if you don't even pull with this organization, or even come close to competing??

madmikeismad
06-16-2011, 09:34 PM
oooohhhhh burn

mech2161
06-16-2011, 09:49 PM
And who the **** are you?

DrThunder1126
06-16-2011, 09:55 PM
Just an observant spectator for now.

mech2161
06-16-2011, 09:56 PM
Kinda what I thought.

therealpuller
06-16-2011, 10:08 PM
at the rules meeting last year. The pullers voted to let ag govs in. So I don't see what the problem is.

mech2161
06-16-2011, 10:45 PM
Rules came right from their site.

dickshaker
06-17-2011, 12:58 AM
Just an observant spectator for now.

Now why do the darn spectators always gota get there two sense in. Come on man! Your the side line thunder!:bs::lolly:

jwp130
06-17-2011, 08:11 AM
there is still a $500 protest fee isnt there? :pop:

hmmm..... need a loan?

hellscummins
06-17-2011, 12:13 PM

Well see the problem is full pull has no idea what the rules are and they never updated there rull book from lastyear. Its been made pretty clear to me all they want is a good show for the crowd. So its pretty much fare game as long as you can pass a PA. inspection. Bring on the :nos:

therealpuller
06-17-2011, 02:50 PM

I think alot of pullers (guys that actually pull) will agree with me when I say stop trying to ruin our class with your crybaby bull$hit. :thankyou2:

mech2161
06-17-2011, 03:05 PM
I think I a big boy and can do what I want. It wouldn't bother you if you weren't cheating.

therealpuller
06-17-2011, 03:11 PM
I think I a big boy and can do what I want. It wouldn't bother you if you weren't cheating.

Bring your a$$ up to trumbull and take a look I've passed tech every time. that is if you can get off your sister.

mech2161
06-17-2011, 03:22 PM
Now just because you sister is that way don't bring mine into it.

hellscummins
06-17-2011, 03:30 PM
Now just because you sister is that way don't bring mine into it.

Thats weak! Try again.

therealpuller
06-17-2011, 03:35 PM
I figure inbreeding is the only reason you would start a thread like this with no first hand experience or proof what is the real reason?

mech2161
06-17-2011, 03:37 PM
I started it to mess with **** sticks like you. I have nothing better to do.

HIGH TECH RAM
06-17-2011, 03:38 PM
UNLESS your competing or actually pullin
Get off the keyboard and call someone a cheater in person with a $500 protest fee. You don't even pull with fpp! Quit cryin you look like a fool!

mech2161
06-17-2011, 03:45 PM
I didn't call anyone a cheater, yet. There must be some guilty conscience's effecting the posts on here.

hellscummins
06-17-2011, 03:48 PM
I started it to mess with **** sticks like you. I have nothing better to do.

you+your truck+top of a cliff = something for you to do

therealpuller
06-17-2011, 03:53 PM

I didn't call anyone a cheater, yet. There must be some guilty conscience's effecting the posts on here.

I don't know what you call that. I haven't seen any of the points trucks having trouble in tech with the exception of the fuel on the weight rack and that was fixed.

mech2161
06-17-2011, 03:56 PM
:rules: :hehe:

lnimmo77
06-17-2011, 04:00 PM
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 13 (13 members and 0 guests)
lnimmo77, Pony_Kegger, dwall, Lostnwalmart, 6BT-DAKOTA, LReiff, ktmracer21, 05_LLY, PSD Trav, cummins724

This is awesome, carry on!

therealpuller
06-17-2011, 04:07 PM
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 13 (13 members and 0 guests)
lnimmo77, Pony_Kegger, dwall, Lostnwalmart, 6BT-DAKOTA, LReiff, ktmracer21, 05_LLY, PSD Trav, cummins724

This is awesome, carry on!

I would carry on but I feel like I'm trying to teach calculus to a retard

BigB82789
06-17-2011, 04:15 PM
Bring your a$$ up to trumbull and take a look I've passed tech every time. that is if you can get off your sister.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3iEOO9p6Ok

LOL LOL LOL

Now that thats out in the open I say we take a closer look here. Mech's title says "I have a secret"....

It's ok you can step out of the closet, we all know. :homo:

therealpuller
06-17-2011, 04:20 PM
:hehe::hehe::hehe:

apocalypse1812
06-17-2011, 04:32 PM
Just because you have sex with your sister doesnt mean you're gay...

BigB82789
06-17-2011, 04:43 PM
I'm thinking its more of an inbred 3 way / gang bang / brother on brother on sister double penetration orgy fest.

hellscummins
06-17-2011, 05:01 PM
I'm thinking its more of an inbred 3 way / gang bang / brother on brother on sister double penetration orgy fest.

I think he just get a bad case of butthurts when he has to beat his old man off his sister to get a piece.

HIGH TECH RAM
06-17-2011, 05:18 PM
LOL

mech2161
06-17-2011, 05:33 PM
LOL You guys get butt hurt when your called out for cheating. What a crew. The butt hurt buddies and the full pull gang. No wonder you don't want any one to bust up your private party.

therealpuller
06-17-2011, 05:46 PM
We welcome you to pull with us. We don't turn away anyone. Ask Caleb, cummins724 we get along fine with them. We just have a problem with you crying about trucks (you don't have balls enofe to pull against) cheating cuz you and your buddy's can't keep up.

LReiff
06-17-2011, 05:56 PM
If you're worried that someone else is cheating either shut up and pay out the cash to prove the point or shut the fvck up and join 'em! $.02

mech2161
06-17-2011, 07:08 PM
I enjoy seeing the people that don't and have never hooked to a sled run their chops. I don't have anything to prove to you guys or anyone else. I pointed out what was brought to my attention by more than one person. I don't care what anyone thinks and I'm not too chicken **** to bring it out in the open. If you guys cared about FPP and the sport of pulling you would not want someone cheating either. As I said in the op these are only alligations and there is no proof. Maybe some of you should be man enough to do the right thing and not hide behind the out house.

HIGH TECH RAM
06-17-2011, 07:32 PM
Be man enough and hide behind the screen??? Why don't you take your own advise and show up at a pull with your alleged allegations, put the money up and pick the accused truck apart. All your doing is startin **** with rumors and allegations.

farmboy3510
06-17-2011, 07:44 PM
Bottom line, if you aint cheat'n you aint try'n! Quit crying and hook.

SledPuller21
06-18-2011, 08:49 AM
Whose hitch was in question?? Also, if ag pumps are allowed in 2.6 they should have changed the rules or at least notified the class.

lnimmo77
06-18-2011, 09:10 AM
Mech, in all seriousness, if you're gonna throw rocks at least tell peple who you're aiming for. Looks kinda gey just coming on here throwing random mud and not saying who it's to...$.02

apocalypse1812
06-18-2011, 09:16 AM
Maybe that's the point.

mech2161
06-18-2011, 11:11 AM
If it was just one person saying they thought someone was bending the rules I would not say anything. When you have multiple people saying the same thing then there is a problem or a grand scheme to bring someone down.
I have no desire to turn a lynch mob against anyone. I think it should be known to all that there may be a problem. The intent of the thread has achieved it's goal.

Everyone competing has the desire to win. Guys spend thousands of dollars to do the best they can. It's disheartening to think your doing the best you can and get beat. It's a detriment to the sport if you totally outside the rules.

hellscummins
06-18-2011, 11:41 AM
If it was just one person saying they thought someone was bending the rules I would not say anything. When you have multiple people saying the same thing then there is a problem or a grand scheme to bring someone down.
I have no desire to turn a lynch mob against anyone. I think it should be known to all that there may be a problem. The intent of the thread has achieved it's goal.

Everyone competing has the desire to win. Guys spend thousands of dollars to do the best they can. It's disheartening to think your doing the best you can and get beat. It's a detriment to the sport if you totally outside the rules.

You have made yourself very clear. So are you the pitcher or the catcher? :homo: Thats about all i got out of this thread.

mech2161
06-18-2011, 01:09 PM
You seem to be the one crying so much so you must be the pivot man.

You **** tards can't take it when the idea comes out that someone may be cheating. You show your immature and can't handle the truth.
If you have the balls to cheat don't whine like a ***** when your caught.

BigB82789
06-18-2011, 01:11 PM
Stretching the rules, and breaking the rules are two completely different things. Gene Mohney himself would tell you that!

BigB82789
06-18-2011, 01:13 PM
You seem to be the one crying so much so you must be the pivot man.

You **** tards can't take it when the idea comes out that someone may be cheating. You show your immature and can't handle the truth.
If you have the balls to cheat don't whine like a ***** when your caught.

Your just mad that you've had 2 different brands of engine in your truck and you still can't compete with the hottest running stock Dmax's and CR's. You need a new hobby. Maybe sky diving or cliff jumping??? Sister banging don't count so don't even try...

mech2161
06-18-2011, 01:20 PM
There's no competing with a cheat and you can't make a whine ass understand. Where do you fit in?

mech2161
06-18-2011, 01:22 PM
My truck will be out in Aug.. Hope to see some of you so you can introduce yourself.

BigB82789
06-18-2011, 01:28 PM
There's no competing with a cheat and you can't make a whine ass understand. Where do you fit in?

Never cheated and was always top 5 last year. I guess thats not competing though right?

05_LLY
06-18-2011, 01:50 PM
We aint cheatin,I think were competing, seems some of the locals here have a hard time beleving something can run good "inside" the rules!

therealpuller
06-18-2011, 02:13 PM
My truck will be out in Aug.. Hope to see some of you so you can introduce yourself.

We won't have to introduce ourselves we'll be the 15 or so trucks in front of you.LOL

hellscummins
06-18-2011, 02:27 PM
We aint cheatin,I think were competing, seems some of the locals here have a hard time beleving something can run good "inside" the rules!

:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

Dockboy
06-18-2011, 03:37 PM
If you guys cared about FPP and the sport of pulling

Wait...Hold the phone...Sled Pulling is a SPORT?? :confused:

I always thought is was just a gathering of enough rednecks to put together a single full mouth of teeth and give your dates...I mean sisters...a chance to strut around in thier Daisy Dukes and cowboy boots :what:

I guess if they consider the Special Olympics a sport...they can include you guys too though:kick::hehe:

TrailerproPop
06-18-2011, 03:46 PM
:soap:

I'm having trouble believing there is a problem. Aren't the points runners themselves the closest and therefore the most knowledgeable about who amongst us would be outside the rules? While this group has many friendships, I think there are plenty of competitive juices flowing and a cheater would be shunned immediately.

lnimmo77
06-18-2011, 04:28 PM
August 12th at Bunker Hill sounds good then. Best clay around so there no BSing about setup.

05_LLY
06-18-2011, 04:46 PM

I'm having trouble believing there is a problem. Aren't the points runners themselves the closest and therefore the most knowledgeable about who amongst us would be outside the rules? While this group has many friendships, I think there are plenty of competitive juices flowing and a cheater would be shunned immediately.

I agree Dale, Well said!

mech2161
06-18-2011, 05:16 PM
Dale I agree and was surprised to hear the accusations. Caleb for once I will say it wasn't you that was mentioned.

mech2161
06-18-2011, 05:18 PM
Aug 12th, I've been wanting to come over there and pull. Whose going to tow me home if I break? That's a good ride for me.

05_LLY
06-18-2011, 05:24 PM
Dale I agree and was surprised to hear the accusations. Caleb for once I will say it wasn't you that was mentioned.

That good to hear!

BigBlockBill
06-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Aug 12th, I've been wanting to come over there and pull. Whose going to tow me home if I break? That's a good ride for me.

If my pile ain't done by then I'll haul you over.

lnimmo77
06-18-2011, 05:52 PM

You shouldn't have a problem finding a tow with the new friends you made here. :hehe:

cboycadi
06-18-2011, 06:26 PM

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

mech2161
06-18-2011, 07:49 PM
You shouldn't have a problem finding a tow with the new friends you made here. :hehe:

Heck this ain't nothing. I'd still help someone that needed it.

dickshaker
06-18-2011, 08:14 PM

Let's just say if you wanna come out and play you better pack a lunch. You may wanna practice pickin your self up off the ground! Just sayin! :welcome:

mech2161
06-18-2011, 10:53 PM
Well putz I will take that as a threat.

Sledpuller
06-18-2011, 11:00 PM
Wait...Hold the phone...Sled Pulling is a SPORT?? :confused:

I always thought is was just a gathering of enough rednecks to put together a single full mouth of teeth and give your dates...I mean sisters...a chance to strut around in thier Daisy Dukes and cowboy boots :what:

:

No, thats mud bogging with all the racers daughters looking for husbands.