PDA

View Full Version : jreagan ....bad experience

Got Smoke?
06-26-2011, 10:57 PM
Ok I posted a wanted ad on 6-17 wanting to buy some 2003 or newer stock Dodge Cab light lenses and bulb sockets if anyone had any.

You can see my thread here.
03+ stock Dodge cab lights - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114152)

jreagan and I immediately exchanged several PM's about his his stock cab lights he had for sale complete with wiring harness. I did not think to double check with him and make sure his cab lights had the front to back screw holes because I did a quick glance @ Recon's website and they listed 2003-2012 the same cab light with front to back screw holes.

I sent him paypal payment the following afternoon and received the lights in good packaging within 2-3 days. Upon opening the packaging here is what I discovered.
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/263832_221905381174897_100000663093294_737357_3057 292_n.jpg

Here is a picture of my recon's on my 99. :bang :bang :bang
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/268938_221905404508228_100000663093294_737358_1897 67_n.jpg

I immediately PM'd him and here is my message sent on 6-21
I received the cab lights today, but these are not 03 cab lights like I wanted. These are 98-02 dodge cab lights. I would be willing to cover return shipping to you for a full refund please because I do not want to drill anymore holes in the roof of my cab.
I'll await your reply.
Thanks,
Mark

Here is the reply I recieved
Those came off my 2007 2500 and I bought the truck brand new

I made a phone call and discovered some info and sent another PM on 6-21

Ahh...ok I can tell you what happened then. I called a buddy of mine who runs a truck accessory shop here in town. He works closely with all the dealers...I asked him if there was any change in the cab lights from 2003 to now and explained why I was asking. His exact words..."I bet that they came off a 2500, I've seen that happen several times the dealer installs the wrong lights on the truck once its on the lot" The only difference in the 98-02 and 03+ Lights are the screw holes are side to side vs front to back.

Unfortunately they still wont work for me as I don't want to drill any more holes in my cab. My truck had some huge ugly cab lights when I got it, and I tried using the recons to cover up the holes but they didnt entirely. I still stand by my offer to cover return shipping to you for a full refund, you did not know they were 98-02 lights but these will not work for me. Sorry
Mark

I waited a couple of days and sent this PM on 6-23
I take your lack of response as to mean this is now my problem, and you are not accepting my offer to return them?

I logged in around 9:45 or so tonight and around 10PM I checked to see when he was last on the website. At 10:06 the website said he was "private messaging" so I waited another 15-20 minutes to see if he was reply to me. Nope @ 10:32 he was searching the forums new post's. So I thought I would inform others to be careful of purchase's with this gentleman.

Yes the $50 I paid for these lights is not a terrible loss, and I can use the wiring harness he included with them. But now I still need to buy new lenses when I offered twice to eat shipping them back to him for my money back. :bang

bsmith
06-27-2011, 01:34 AM
That sucks. I've been burned twice this year. Oh well live and learn is what I say.

06 DIESEL
06-27-2011, 06:37 AM
Mark let me check the spare set of covers I have laying around. If they are front to back they are yours, I got shipping. I will PM you tonight when I get home from work.

CSnyder
06-27-2011, 07:47 AM
Sucks hes trying to screw you Mark. We will add him to the douche list and make his life hard here.

RacinDuallie
06-27-2011, 08:12 AM
All his posts are about schit for sale.....

CSnyder
06-27-2011, 09:50 AM
All his posts are about schit for sale.....

there is more than one phucktard on here like that....no contribution other than pushing parts for stupid prices. Isnt that what CF is for?

Scooter's Roofing
06-27-2011, 01:15 PM
if you're using a forum for the classifieds, you should go above and beyond to make sure that everybody you deal with is 100% satisfied...

dumb **** cut his nose off to spite his face

RacinDuallie
06-27-2011, 01:25 PM
there is more than one phucktard on here like that....no contribution other than pushing parts for stupid prices. Isnt that what CF is for?Initials O.P. and M.N. ring a bell?

OrangeNV
06-27-2011, 01:36 PM
Im glad the stickers i sent him were the right year, woooo that was a close one ;)

jreagan
06-27-2011, 09:16 PM
i cant help dodge ****ed me and i didnt even know it, i didnt mean to make anything difficult on you Got Smoke? as you can see in the pic of the recon replacements I bought it says 03-07, i just figured recon moved screw positions, because i had to drill new holes on my 07 (not a big deal took 5 mins) and has never leaked. Didn't mean to offend anyone especially Got Smoke? i never lied to him and i'm not on here to screw anyone over.

bsmith
06-27-2011, 09:27 PM
i cant help dodge ****ed me and i didnt even know it, i didnt mean to make anything difficult on you Got Smoke? as you can see in the pic of the recon replacements I bought it says 03-07, i just figured recon moved screw positions, because i had to drill new holes on my 07 (not a big deal took 5 mins) and has never leaked. Didn't mean to offend anyone especially Got Smoke? i never lied to him and i'm not on here to screw anyone over.
Take them back and refund his money like he asked.

duck_04
06-27-2011, 09:35 PM
ok, so you didnt know. no big deal. you arent gonna be out anything to refund him the money. he offered to eat the shipping back to you.

apocalypse1812
06-27-2011, 09:35 PM
You're just on here to sell your stuff, we get it.

jkretzer
06-28-2011, 06:28 AM
i have dealt with jreadan and have had a smooth transaction, no worries here. could have been handled differently on both ends.

Got Smoke?
06-28-2011, 06:54 AM
i never lied to him and i'm not on here to screw anyone over.

No you never lied, but your ignored me. I gave you 3 days to respond to my last PM. I just want my money back, I was very nice in explaining I already have multiple holes in my roof and I didn't want to drill more. :bang

i have dealt with jreadan and have had a smooth transaction, no worries here. could have been handled differently on both ends.

In all seriousness and with all due repsect, could you tell me how I could have handled this situation any better? :what:

I sent multiple nice message's with the exception of the last one, there was sarcasism there but I hadn't receieved a response in 3 days.

OrangeNV
06-28-2011, 06:58 AM

so dodge screwed you, so you decide to screw another member, bad karma dude

Oh and the reason your even have to reply to this thread is because you didnt answer his PM...............

Atchley
06-28-2011, 07:23 AM
Just refund his money.

Snedge
06-28-2011, 07:23 AM
If you are going to screw someone, at least respond when they PM you.

I wonder why you won't just give him his money back though?
Simple process.
He sends them back to you, you pay him, and you've both learned something about cablights for the price of shipping them.

LReiff
06-28-2011, 07:30 AM
Dumbasses will always be dumbasses...ignore list just grew by one!

CSnyder
06-28-2011, 07:32 AM
“Men are respectable only as they respect”

SINNER
06-28-2011, 07:40 AM
http://forums.gogodiesel.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1622&d=1244650461

I see it just the opposite of everyone but the seller. He clearly did not look deeper into the fitment because I just looked at 2 2500's on my job that are a 05 and a 06. Both have holes in sides of the cab lights. Gee big surprise Dodge half azzed something. If the OP had did a little research he would have figured it out and asked the important questions about the lights. Seller sold exactly what he said he had. So because the buyer didn't ask 1 simple question the seller should just throw all his time and packaging cost away to make him happy. Quit being a whiney little ***** and resell the lights on Ebay. Or just throw them on a shelf. What are we talking 50 bucks tops. If that breaks the bank sell the truck and get a Civic.

jkretzer
06-28-2011, 08:52 AM
well put don. it seems like this forum has become a place to whine in the open when somethign doesnt go your way. did the OP ask to see a pic? i always ask for a pic when i am purchasing something.

CSnyder
06-28-2011, 09:56 AM
http://forums.gogodiesel.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1622&d=1244650461

I see it just the opposite of everyone but the seller. He clearly did not look deeper into the fitment because I just looked at 2 2500's on my job that are a 05 and a 06. Both have holes in sides of the cab lights. Gee big surprise Dodge half azzed something. If the OP had did a little research he would have figured it out and asked the important questions about the lights. Seller sold exactly what he said he had. So because the buyer didn't ask 1 simple question the seller should just throw all his time and packaging cost away to make him happy. Quit being a whiney little ***** and resell the lights on Ebay. Or just throw them on a shelf. What are we talking 50 bucks tops. If that breaks the bank sell the truck and get a Civic.

well put don. it seems like this forum has become a place to whine in the open when somethign doesnt go your way. did the OP ask to see a pic? i always ask for a pic when i am purchasing something.

You guys miss the point or what? Mark was being very nice in his PM's asking if he could get a refund and the seller obviously ignored his request thinking it would go away. If the seller cant make a good faith refund for an obvious oversight, on both sides, then HE should be the one buying a Civic since Mark offered to eat shipping back so the seller doesnt loose anything. With nothing more to offer than for sale ads I feel a return is just to a contributing member of the site. People only here to sell parts should know enough to list these as side to side screws....otherwise its just like listing a stock turbo with no specs for what it fits.

RacinDuallie
06-28-2011, 10:00 AM
You guys miss the point or what? Mark was being very nice in his PM's asking if he could get a refund and the seller obviously ignored his request thinking it would go away. If the seller cant make a good faith refund for an obvious oversight, on both sides, then HE should be the one buying a Civic since Mark offered to eat shipping back so the seller doesnt loose anything. With nothing more to offer than for sale ads I feel a return is just to a contributing member of the site. People only here to sell parts should know enough to list these as side to side screws....otherwise its just like listing a stock turbo with no specs for what it fits.:clap:

Scooter's Roofing
06-28-2011, 01:11 PM
the trucks that got cab lights on the assembly line, got the correct front/rear screw holes.

The trucks that had lights installed later with the MOPAR kit, got the side/side screw holes.

it bugs the crap out of me

Signature600
06-28-2011, 02:03 PM
Know how to fix this....be different, leave the cab lights off. Do they look good, sure....do they look good on everything, HELL NO....for that reason I choose to have my trucks without them:D

But about this thread, I know what I would have done, and I agree with the OP and CSnyder....of course I can't even get UPS to deliver my packages to the right people when I sell stuff lately!

Chris

wrongway
06-28-2011, 02:16 PM
Know how to fix this....be different, leave the cab lights off. Do they look good, sure....do they look good on everything, HELL NO....for that reason I choose to have my trucks without them:D

But about this thread, I know what I would have done, and I agree with the OP and CSnyder....of course I can't even get UPS to deliver my packages to the right people when I sell stuff lately!

Chris

Did ya figure out who got my intake Chris?? LOL

Signature600
06-28-2011, 02:18 PM
Did ya figure out who got my intake Chris?? LOL

Well, I think, but he hasn't got back to me yet. He got his packages and never opened them, since he wasn't in a hurry. I'm working on it!!

Chris

jkretzer
06-28-2011, 09:35 PM
You guys miss the point or what? Mark was being very nice in his PM's asking if he could get a refund and the seller obviously ignored his request thinking it would go away. If the seller cant make a good faith refund for an obvious oversight, on both sides, then HE should be the one buying a Civic since Mark offered to eat shipping back so the seller doesnt loose anything. With nothing more to offer than for sale ads I feel a return is just to a contributing member of the site. People only here to sell parts should know enough to list these as side to side screws....otherwise its just like listing a stock turbo with no specs for what it fits.

ask yourself the same ?, did you miss how it could have been interpreted? try thinking outside of the box and look for the underlying aggression. i said it could have been handled differently by both sides. it seems that everyone jumps on the side of the OP simply bc they whined first instead of thinking that there are 2 sides to every story. i have dealt with jreagan very recently and have had nothing but good to say. so should he be black balled bc one person wasnt happy? you cant make everyone happy, someone is always going to whine and think they were cheated.

chizwizdiz
06-29-2011, 07:07 AM
ask yourself the same ?, did you miss how it could have been interpreted? try thinking outside of the box and look for the underlying aggression. i said it could have been handled differently by both sides. it seems that everyone jumps on the side of the OP simply bc they whined first instead of thinking that there are 2 sides to every story. i have dealt with jreagan very recently and have had nothing but good to say. so should he be black balled bc one person wasnt happy? you cant make everyone happy, someone is always going to whine and think they were cheated.

I think this is the key here. Is there some sort of agreed upon return policy when making a financial transaction on compd? No, there isn't. In this case, it seems like the OP didn't do enough research to know that there were two style of lights available.

I don't think anyone got "screwed" here, at all. Hey OP, if the seller won't refund you the money, sell the lights to someone else! Surely there is someone looking for that mounting style.

RacinDuallie
06-29-2011, 08:01 AM
I think this is the key here. Is there some sort of agreed upon return policy when making a financial transaction on compd? No, there isn't. In this case, it seems like the OP didn't do enough research to know that there were two style of lights available.

I don't think anyone got "screwed" here, at all. Hey OP, if the seller won't refund you the money, sell the lights to someone else! Surely there is someone looking for that mounting style.That's fine and well but what's wrong with the seller refunding the buyers money and re-selling them hisself again? The buyer already suggested paying for the shipping back?

TravisG
06-29-2011, 09:28 AM
This one has run it's course. Mark and jreagan take it to e-mails or p.m.'s or write each other letters.