haisley comp puller clutch
schied water meth kit

love 2 hear aney other toughts:thankyou2:

mballard
06-22-2007, 03:31 PM
not sure but it sounds good

getblown5.9
06-22-2007, 04:08 PM
yup sounds pretty good, but sounds like you might need lots of extra stuff to go with the power and rpm that combo is gonna turn. (unless you already have it and didnt list it)

a good bit of head work, fire rings, studs, springs?

gotta12v
06-22-2007, 04:47 PM
the clutch is a pulling only clutch (wont shift over 2000 rpm)

you wont need .120 lines

And id use a 5 speed, 6 speeds seem to break a lot of mainshafts and parts are harder to comeby

you wont be able to use water injection in the street class

meth on high horsepower engines = holes in pistons

im not sure what kind of camshafts pdr has or what pistons your going to use but Brian Block has some really awesome cam profiles for slep pulling some that wont require fly cuts

and like getblown said there is a lot more that needs to be adressed so this is kind of general advice

Tcolesanti
06-22-2007, 05:10 PM
Go to a pulling motor shop for the injectors, pump and cam, such as Scheid or Haisley's, and if you are going to pull in the street class ditch the water (as previously mentioned) and get an S400.

JW3
06-22-2007, 05:14 PM
just wondering if aney body running close 2 this set up
2001 6 spd
PDR stupid 13mm p-pump
ddp custom inj
PDR port polish and cam
.120 lines
industrial injection 71 mm turbo
haisley comp puller clutch
schied water meth kit

love 2 hear aney other toughts:thankyou2:

This might sound unpopular to the internet arm chair puller crowd but you can beat about 90% of the trucks out there pulling in the street class with a VP44.
When I say 90% I mean that in a national sense because most will not or cannot hang with top trucks from Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, Michigan, Missouri (and Tom from Cali!)

Look at the top 10 frequent finishers at the DHRA pulls and that will give a represenation on what will run well.
You will see that some run P-pump's, VP44's and Dual CP3's.

If you want to build a truck that will get you WINS locally do this (VP44) (I'll start out with a lower budget build):
1.Hot Rod VP44 (scheids, II)
2.Aurora 5000
3.South Bend 4200 Dual Disc
4.7x.018" injectors (diesel darryl, haisley, eep or scheids)
5.Diesel Darryl traction bars
6.17x9" wheels w/33x12.50 tires
7.weight rack, pulling hitch, move stock hitch forward, suspension blocks
8.AFE intake
9.Fass fuel supply (150 or 200)

6 speeds are great out of the box for pulling(go ahead ask me how I know)...they will last you forever unless you have a motherfu--er of a track bite on you and then it just breaks the mainshaft. 5 speeds just grenade.

Tcolesanti
06-22-2007, 06:01 PM
This might sound unpopular to the internet arm chair puller crowd but you can beat about 90% of the trucks out there pulling in the street class with a VP44.
When I say 90% I mean that in a national sense because most will not or cannot hang with top trucks from Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, Michigan, Missouri (and Tom from Cali!)

Look at the top 10 frequent finishers at the DHRA pulls and that will give a represenation on what will run well.
You will see that some run P-pump's, VP44's and Dual CP3's.

If you want to build a truck that will get you WINS locally do this (VP44) (I'll start out with a lower budget build):
1.Hot Rod VP44 (scheids, II)
2.Aurora 5000
3.South Bend 4200 Dual Disc
4.7x.018" injectors (diesel darryl, haisley, eep or scheids)
5.Diesel Darryl traction bars
6.17x9" wheels w/33x12.50 tires
7.weight rack, pulling hitch, move stock hitch forward, suspension blocks
8.AFE intake
9.Fass fuel supply (150 or 200)

6 speeds are great out of the box for pulling(go ahead ask me how I know)...they will last you forever unless you have a motherfu--er of a track bite on you and then it just breaks the mainshaft. 5 speeds just grenade.

If this is going to just be a sled puller (limited street driving) then a slightly bigger charger than an A5000 could be used. Also you can pick up a little by going to .120 injection lines, use a HRVP44, and experiment with injectors, I liked the 7x.020's. Also get a Redline Box. Justin has a valid point with using the SB clutch, you can still drive it on the street.

-Tom

strokersmoker
06-22-2007, 06:15 PM
i dident plan on it being street legal. and the head was goinh 2 have o rings, valves and i was going 2 get studs.a fass systen

strokersmoker
06-22-2007, 06:18 PM
i was conserding a schied pump,and i want a p pump onj the truck how big is the s400 bigger than 71mm and how will that spool. i want 2 run with the super street

Tcolesanti
06-22-2007, 06:35 PM
i was conserding a schied pump,and i want a p pump onj the truck how big is the s400 bigger than 71mm and how will that spool. i want 2 run with the super street

Hang on a minute, I would build a DHRA Street Diesel class truck and run it for one or two seasons, then decide if you want to move up. I would use an S400 with a 76mm inducer and have a bushing made to get it to 2.8". As far as the pump, If your gonna p-pump it then go with Scheid's pump, but I would put a Scheid HRVP44 on there for at least the first season. Remember too, you can sell the electronics that you buy, when and if you decide to go p-pump in the future.

I would not plan on going out and running with the SS trucks right away, get your feet wet at a DHRA national event in the SD class then decide.

-Tom

JW3
06-22-2007, 07:05 PM
i dident plan on it being street legal. and the head was goinh 2 have o rings, valves and i was going 2 get studs.a fass systen

Its not about being street legal because just about anything is legal on the street. But it is nice to be able to drive your puller on the street and enjoy it rather than just letting it sit somewhere waiting to hook.

Like Tom says get your feet wet in the DHRA street and see if you can hang with the big boys then make your decision if you can do super street.

You will LEARN much more pulling in the street than the superstreet. In the street 2.8 class its a crapshoot as to who is going to win and there are about 10 or 15 trucks that can win the event where as in super you have like 3 or 4 trucks that have a shot at winning and the other 4 are basically street trucks trying to get by as super trucks.

Oh yeah dont forget to get a green bedliner!!

Tcolesanti
06-22-2007, 10:50 PM
Oh yeah dont forget to get a green bedliner!!

Easy 10-12' advantage over the competition..............

-Tom

CPMac
06-23-2007, 02:15 AM
If you want to build a superstreet truck then build one. If you build smaller then try to sell stuff later you only get part of your money back. If your going superstreet you'll need a bigger charger or two. And no matter what class you should buy a Haisley or another real pulling clutch. Even Peter @sbc will tell you his clutches aren't slipper clutches and real pulling trucks sometimes need to be slipped out of the hole if you want to win. And if you want to drive a Haisley comp then just take the weights off and it will drive fine.

Bobcat698
06-23-2007, 08:55 AM
If you DO build a truck for Street DHRA, I'd wait as it looks like we're in for some rule changes next year.

JW3
06-23-2007, 01:24 PM
And no matter what class you should buy a Haisley or another real pulling clutch. Even Peter @sbc will tell you his clutches aren't slipper clutches and real pulling trucks sometimes need to be slipped out of the hole if you want to win. And if you want to drive a Haisley comp then just take the weights off and it will drive fine.

Where do people come up with this BS?????

Peter's clutches work pretty darn good for us in the sled pulling role and we hook about every weekend here in Indiana (the center of the diesel truck pulling world)....never seen you around. Oh yeah and we do slip ours plenty in a high gear I might add!

I guess my truck with 40 hooks on it doesnt have a real clutch in it.

What did you place at Indy?:hehe:

Tcolesanti
06-23-2007, 03:25 PM

Peter's clutches work pretty darn good for us in the sled pulling role and we hook about every weekend here in Indiana (the center of the diesel truck pulling world)....never seen you around. Oh yeah and we do slip ours plenty in a high gear I might add!

WHAMMY!!!!

-Tom

strokersmoker
06-23-2007, 06:35 PM
Tcolesanti what class do u pull in or isit just a play truck. that u hook at fairs and stuff. and how much bigger can u go than a 71 mm turbo

Tcolesanti
06-24-2007, 01:40 PM
My truck is definatly not "just a play truck". I have to run DHRA SS class when I go to national events. You can go a lot bigger that 71mm for an inducer but that is also going to depend on what internals you have in the motor.

strokersmoker
06-24-2007, 03:25 PM
thats what i figured. so if i did go with this setup or real close would it be competive in street class would ibe competive or would i need more furl, air what do u guys think

Tcolesanti
06-24-2007, 05:40 PM
It would be a nice SD class setup, that's for sure.

-Tom

strokersmoker
06-24-2007, 06:35 PM
thanks maby i will take your advice and run sd class for a year or 2. what clutch would u run haisley comp puller sound good aney advice u could give

CPMac
06-24-2007, 06:50 PM
JW3 I've got my opinion and you have your's. Peter will tell you himself that his clutches are NOT slipper clutches. I'm not stating it just relaying it. I've been around but I just don't internet pull as much as you do.

JOHNBOY
06-24-2007, 07:48 PM

Hey before you get all bent out of shape. Wait to late!:hehe: I agree with CPmac. I run a clutch he designed. Why? Because it works. He is right about the SB. I hated mine It held but you could not slip much to get started or it would not hold. Fried it quickly. I have beat Macs clutch hard and it still lives. I finished 6th at Scheids, is that pull big enough to impress you. Oh I was 3rd overall in DHRA WS points for 06. Take look at the quickest stick drag trucks. Prince, and Banshee what clutch do they have? Not one from SB.

JW3
06-24-2007, 08:30 PM
Hey before you get all bent out of shape. Wait to late!:hehe: I agree with CPmac. I run a clutch he designed. Why? Because it works. He is right about the SB. I hated mine It held but you could not slip much to get started or it would not hold. Fried it quickly. I have beat Macs clutch hard and it still lives. I finished 6th at Scheids, is that pull big enough to impress you. Oh I was 3rd overall in DHRA WS points for 06. Take look at the quickest stick drag trucks. Prince, and Banshee what clutch do they have? Not one from SB.

Johnboy, Cpmac,
I never bad mouthed anyone elses clutches. They work just fine. All I am trying to say is that the SBC works great for me and for a friend whos truck runs better than mine (that one got 6th in the street at Scheids last year, I was 11th in the street) (further I was 11th @ Indy 07 street and 9th in the finals street)

I just get tired of people spouting off at the mouth when they dont have a freakin clue about what they are talking about or repeat something one of the "pulling" buddies told them....

Cpmac,
I might do my fair share of internet pulling but I also do more than my fair share of putting it on the dirt and thats more than most internet keyboard peckers can say.

Anytime you boys want to hook against me I'll show you what a southbend clutch can do.:hehe:

:thankyou2:

CPMac
06-24-2007, 08:58 PM
JW3 I never said a SBC clutch was bad or wouldn't work. I just gave my opinion that some would work better. I know Peter has come a long way's since I was first around his pulling clutches that would need to be taken out after every hook. I thought strokersmoker wanted to build a full on pulling truck and I belive sometimes you need to really ride the clutch out of the hole to make a good pull. Peter says himself his clutches aren't designed to do that (although lately I've seen a few SBC units that would take it a few times). Sorry for giving my opinion but I thought that is what we are here for. By the way I've had a SBC clutch in one of my own vehichles as well as a few Haisley's countless Mcleod and even a Crowerglide so I assumed I could have an opinion.

JOHNBOY
06-24-2007, 09:10 PM
In the world of the Dmax we only have two real options. SB and Macs. A SB will not live long when sledpulling. I know. I have beat the Macs clutch more than all the others I have had clutchs combined. I am sold on this clutch. Last year I watched several of my of my local Dodges buddies go thru several SBs in the season. I know one that still has SB contingency stickers on his truck and a Mitchell clutch.:hehe:

Here is my not so humble Opinion. If it doesnt have Crower disks I don't want it!:shake: