PDA

View Full Version : Is The Smarty Making My Rail Run Away?

cnsmoke
06-24-2007, 03:05 PM
i'm working on a 04.5 dodge and the throttle is sticking if you accellerate and get out around 45mph and will not stop until you put it in neutral.it has a mp8 with smarty.changed injectors,injector tubes,checked cp3 accuator, rail sensor ,and it still runs away.after changing injectors pulled smarty off ang run away quit,but before changing injectors i tried this and it stayed the same.does anybody have any ideas?

DIESEL_POWER
06-24-2007, 03:22 PM
i'm working on a 04.5 dodge and the throttle is sticking if you accellerate and get out around 45mph and will not stop until you put it in neutral.it has a mp8 with smarty.changed injectors,injector tubes,checked cp3 accuator, rail sensor ,and it still runs away.after changing injectors pulled smarty off ang run away quit,but before changing injectors i tried this and it stayed the same.does anybody have any ideas?

yep it happened to me once, i took the smarty out and it stopped.
good luck

Billyram
06-24-2007, 03:23 PM
You are running a too aggresive s/w for your set up. Try a lower hp s/w on your smarty like s/w 4 or 5 and your truck will run much better. You are over fueling.

sootman
06-24-2007, 03:40 PM
Try a different programmer. Smarty doesn't sound very smart to me. MP8 is all pressure. Turn the pressure off on the smarty when using the MP8.:doh:

Bob Wagner
06-24-2007, 04:07 PM
give me a call tomorrow

ChaseN
06-24-2007, 05:04 PM
my smarty has made my truck run away since day one!

i sold it 2 days ago.

truck runs awesome now and now i can pull 40' or 50' trailers all day long with no re-programming.

chase n.

DIESEL_POWER
06-24-2007, 05:22 PM
imagine that!

973604x4
06-24-2007, 08:39 PM
I experienced it with the MP8 and with the Smarty. The Smarty wouldn't pull for a long time but would hang for a little while. Isolate the problem first....MP8 or Smarty.