PDA

View Full Version : $30 per head, per day SDX 2011.

bgilbert
07-16-2011, 12:31 PM
This year at the SDX it will be $30 per day per person for Friday and Saturday. Sunday will be $20. Includes parking and admission to the grandstand events of that day. Weekend passes are $75. Their website says you can buy in advance starting August 1.

Red_Rattler
07-16-2011, 12:40 PM
30 for both sessions fri and sat?

haloman
07-17-2011, 03:41 PM
This year at the SDX it will be $30 per day per person for Friday and Saturday. Sunday will be $20. Includes parking and admission to the grandstand events of that day. Weekend passes are $75. Their website says you can buy in advance starting August 1.

Holy Crap. Guess they are just trying to cut down on the people running in and out of the event since they will have to pay for the event now too.

Can I just come over and hang out in your yard Bill? :hehe:

haloman
07-17-2011, 03:42 PM
Link for the event

Scheid Diesel - Service Co., Inc. (http://www.scheiddiesel.com/user_pages/diesel_extravaganza_2011_0.shtml?page=Diesel%20Ext ravaganza%202011)

bgilbert
07-18-2011, 08:53 AM
30 for both sessions fri and sat?
Negative. $30 per day. If you're just watching Fri and Sat sessions, as most do lol, it will be $60.

Yep Daniel, gonna be alot of unhappy drinkersbif.

haloman
07-18-2011, 12:33 PM
I think alot of us locally have decided not to go. Most of my time is spent walking around talking to guys. I am not spending $120 for me and my wife when they over sell the stands and facilities.

2Tone12V
07-18-2011, 12:57 PM
Ill be there. 1 of the best events of the year. Not letting $60 stop me. Most drink more than $60 in beer for the weekend. Cut back on the beer and your good to go. Guess I'm lucky I don't need a case of beer to get me through a good diesel event so my wallet doesn't hurt as bad as some.

RedBowTies88
07-18-2011, 12:57 PM
thats a little ridiculous IMHO. I was serious wants to come out to SDX this year but not anymore

TravisG
07-18-2011, 01:08 PM
Wouldn't miss it for the world.

Legendarydslper
07-18-2011, 01:13 PM
Cant wait to go this year, by far the best sled pulls all year.

The only part about SDX that sucks is how depressed you are that its over on Sunday...

haloman
07-18-2011, 01:17 PM
Ill be there. 1 of the best events of the year. Not letting $60 stop me. Most drink more than $60 in beer for the weekend. Cut back on the beer and your good to go. Guess I'm lucky I don't need a case of beer to get me through a good diesel event so my wallet doesn't hurt as bad as some.

I don't drink a drop all weekend. Just not a high roller. The stands are always full. Why charge us that don't want to sit in the hot stands but socialize and cookout in the parking lot?

SINNER
07-18-2011, 01:32 PM
Policing the event by economics. Jack up the price and thin the crowds.

Timebomb
07-18-2011, 01:36 PM
For me the 600 miles one way racks up a decent fuel bill. The $80 will not deter me

97crewcab
07-18-2011, 01:42 PM
We are still trying to decide whether to come or not. The entry fee won't be the deciding factor.

bgilbert
07-18-2011, 01:53 PM
Why charge us that don't want to sit in the hot stands but socialize and cookout in the parking lot?
You're not the only one. I know of at least a dozen 1st gen guys, local and distant that just come to sit in 1st gen row, talk trucks, watch trucks pull in, and cook out. Only reason I ever leave the group to go watch the pulls is I usually score free passes for the weekend:bow:.

haloman
07-18-2011, 02:14 PM
You're not the only one. I know of at least a dozen 1st gen guys, local and distant that just come to sit in 1st gen row, talk trucks, watch trucks pull in, and cook out. Only reason I ever leave the group to go watch the pulls is I usually score free passes for the weekend:bow:.

Yep. One the highlights of the trip is too look at your first gen and all the other guys that park near you. Maybe I am just too cheap.

LReiff
07-18-2011, 02:41 PM
I hope the gate fee cuts down on the tards! It would be well worth the $$ spent if it did!

Craig_C
07-19-2011, 04:37 PM
More money = Less Tards. Hope they use the money to hire security to keep the idiots from running wild.

haloman
07-19-2011, 04:50 PM
I think you guys miss the point. The tards all have daddys money and will pay no matter what. So it will be full of tards since us sensible people will refuse to pay outrageous fees.

DieselWrencher
07-19-2011, 04:54 PM
I saw it's $20 on Sunday for drag racing. Anyone know what it is for saturday? And what does it usually cost to run at SDX? I'd like to make it this year.

ktmracer21
07-19-2011, 05:07 PM
More money = Less Tards. Hope they use the money to hire security to keep the idiots from running wild.

ding ding ding, we have a winner. theres gonna be a nice suprise in for the drunks im told.

XLR8R
07-19-2011, 07:22 PM
I'd pay $60 to keep the drunk tards out... heck, they've always cost us a lot more in the past.

THEBIGJOB
07-20-2011, 01:27 PM
I don't care to pay up to keep the Tards out. Will we be able to come and go as in the past?

Timbeaux
07-20-2011, 01:35 PM
I don't drink a drop all weekend. Just not a high roller. The stands are always full. Why charge us that don't want to sit in the hot stands but socialize and cookout in the parking lot?

Because the folks in the lot account for the lionshare of the idiocy that goes on.....

Since when is it Dan's job to give folks a free place to play and booze it up?

It is $30 per day- That is peanuts anyway when you consider it is the biggest pull of the year. I've paid more for crummy concerts.

FordGuy24
07-20-2011, 01:37 PM
I'll be there no matter the price, I just hope this doesnt kill the event......I am all about less tards though.

Michael0154
07-20-2011, 01:43 PM

agreed, we will be there!

haloman
07-20-2011, 01:59 PM
Because the folks in the lot account for the lionshare of the idiocy that goes on.....

Since when is it Dan's job to give folks a free place to play and booze it up?

It is $30 per day- That is peanuts anyway when you consider it is the biggest pull of the year. I've paid more for crummy concerts.

Its not dans place to give out a free booze yard. My problem is that Dan oversells the inadequate facilities there. So even if I pay $30 to watch the biggest pull of the year (which is a good price) I am not guaranteed a seat like I would expect for a $30 ticket.

FordGuy24
07-20-2011, 02:30 PM
Its not dans place to give out a free booze yard. My problem is that Dan oversells the inadequate facilities there. So even if I pay $30 to watch the biggest pull of the year (which is a good price) I am not guaranteed a seat like I would expect for a $30 ticket.

Not guaranteed but I've never had a bad seat in three years of going...You make it sound way worse than it really is.

haloman
07-20-2011, 02:50 PM
Not guaranteed but I've never had a bad seat in three years of going...You make it sound way worse than it really is.

I guess I have the minority opinion. In the six years I have gone I haven't got a seat for Saturday night due to the stands being full 1.5 hours before event start for two of those years.

It seems easy to me. Separate the parking and event fees. You can have a full stadium there without a full parking lot. If both are full more money can be made.

Craig_C
07-20-2011, 03:18 PM
Me and the wife moved seats twice last year....never had an issue finding a seat on Sat. night on either side of the track.

Now finding one without having to listen to a drunk resident expert that thinks he should get to see every pair of tits within shouting distance is the difficult part!

FordGuy24
07-20-2011, 03:32 PM
Me and the wife moved seats twice last year....never had an issue finding a seat on Sat. night on either side of the track.

Now finding one without having to listen to a drunk resident expert that thinks he should get to see every pair of tits within shouting distance is the difficult part!

LOL very true

cumminspuller
07-20-2011, 04:19 PM
A bunch of us are thinking about coming up again, but $120 for the girlfriend and I just to get in is a bit ridiculous I think. Plus a hotel for 2 nights. Glad some people can say thats pocket change not me. Like said before, all of the dump drunks that mess it up for the rest of us seem to have an unlimited supply of daddy's money. I think they will be there regaurdless of price. Guess since everything else is going up Dan figures he needs to as well. Just my two cents.

haloman
07-20-2011, 04:54 PM
A bunch of us are thinking about coming up again, but $120 for the girlfriend and I just to get in is a bit ridiculous I think. Plus a hotel for 2 nights. Glad some people can say thats pocket change not me. Like said before, all of the dump drunks that mess it up for the rest of us seem to have an unlimited supply of daddy's money. I think they will be there regaurdless of price. Guess since everything else is going up Dan figures he needs to as well. Just my two cents.

Thank You. You have the same feelings I do on the subject.

TravisG
07-20-2011, 05:03 PM

For years, no one had to pay for parking, then a couple of years ago some retards tore up the fields doing donuts and "Dan" had to pay to reseed the fields. I know it probably wasn't you or Haloman, but we as a group pay for the idiocy of others and we are lumped into one whole group. That is where the extra money for the ticket prices come from. You guys think $30/ person plus a little fuel to get there is bad, I will trade you any day of the week. 2 plane tickets+rental car+hotel for 3 nights+food. As for me I know where I will be the last weekend of August every year until Scheid doesn't have their event anymore.

How much do you guys think it costs to put on that event? Gotta pay your people, or those people won't be "yours" anymore.

madmikeismad
07-20-2011, 05:07 PM
:( maybe next year

Isb
07-20-2011, 05:10 PM
ding ding ding, we have a winner. theres gonna be a nice suprise in for the drunks im told.

No secret that DHS was contacted.

kip
07-20-2011, 05:21 PM
IMO 30 dollars is pretty cheap. Hell its 12 dollars to go to a pull here and Utah and we 6 super mod trucks.

rbmedic75
07-20-2011, 05:23 PM
So if I roll in with 5 people in my truck and want weekend passes at at $75 which includes parking fees. So all 5 of us in the truck are paying the same price for the parking of one truck.

1 truck 5 people= $375
5 trucks 1 person each truck = $375 ????

I will probably still go but is it me or does that not make sense.

nomercy
07-20-2011, 05:27 PM
just a way for them to make more money. I didnt go last year and wont this year either. I would like to watch the pulls but not that bad. I dont drink and tear $hit up so I shouldnt be punished for those that do

jordanjames81
07-20-2011, 05:38 PM
Ill be there pulling and watching.

Delinquent
07-20-2011, 05:49 PM
How much do you guys think it costs to put on that event? Gotta pay your people, or those people won't be "yours" anymore.

This is about the 6th time I've saw some one make a post of this nature.

My question is, do you know how much it cost to put on something like this?

It would be a different story if they took the majority of the money and gave it back for prize money. People don't get it. Without the competitors, no event happens.

How many people will come through the gates?

haloman
07-20-2011, 05:50 PM
So if I roll in with 5 people in my truck and want weekend passes at at $75 which includes parking fees. So all 5 of us in the truck are paying the same price for the parking of one truck.

1 truck 5 people= $375

Thank you. Separate the parking and the event tickets.

ktmracer21
07-20-2011, 06:28 PM
i would like to see the purses for the pullers go up with the rise in ticket costs. higher payout=more trucks=better show

i had the opportunity to work the wapak round of nadms pull earlier this year. i was conned into staying for the tug a truck by cory atley. the guy that runs that thing pays for the fair ground rental and police up front. 25k i was told. people could get in for 50 a truckload day of the event. could camp the night before for additional fee. now this crowd was asshole to elbow. anything goes as far as booze. trucks backed right up to the track mounded with people. sheriffs everywhere....you got out of line, bam in a cop car instantly. there lowest payout class was more than a mod class win (we were actually trying to find street tires for corys truck....)

all said and done the promoter walks away with 30-50k for two nights and one day
wake up dan, pay your pullers!

Fox_91
07-20-2011, 10:04 PM
its only money...ya make more everyday. :lolly:

TravisG
07-21-2011, 10:18 AM
This is about the 6th time I've saw some one make a post of this nature.

My question is, do you know how much it cost to put on something like this?

Right down to the penny? No Sir. I do not, I'm not the promoter of this event and that's none of my business.

Let me ask you the same question, since I enjoyed that huge event you put on last year. Do you know how much it costs?

I do know that it's not cheap, and a mans time is worth something, and there's a lot of men(and women) running around that place working that weekend so we can have a good time.

You guys complaining about paying to park a truck I have a suggestion for ya. The last time I checked these trucks all had a gvw of at least 8k lbs. Leave a couple of the trucks at the hotel and pile in one truck and everybody pitch in a couple of bucks.

ctdiesel99
07-21-2011, 10:33 AM
It doesn't matter if it costs Dan nothing or $1,000,000 to put this event on, it's $30 a day per head. It is what it is, some of you forget this is a business. He doesn't do this to break even, nobody does. If you're worried about a $30 admission, diesel motorsports is not for you. If someone gave me a used Smarty SSR, or I paid retail for it, it's still worth the same amount either way.

haloman
07-21-2011, 10:39 AM
Read the post by rbmedic Travis. It's not that we have to pay for either of them (parking or event) Its that we have to pay for them together. If the guy riding in the truck has to pay for parking bundled into his ticket that's not fair to him.

haloman
07-21-2011, 10:40 AM
It doesn't matter if it costs Dan nothing or $1,000,000 to put this event on, it's $30 a day per head. It is what it is, some of you forget this is a business. He doesn't do this to break even, nobody does. If you're worried about a $30 admission, diesel motorsports is not for you. If someone gave me a used Smarty SSR, or I paid retail for it, it's still worth the same amount either way.

I dont mind him making money off of me but when it's obvious gouging, I don't go for that.

TravisG
07-21-2011, 11:03 AM
Read the post by rbmedic Travis. It's not that we have to pay for either of them (parking or event) Its that we have to pay for them together. If the guy riding in the truck has to pay for parking bundled into his ticket that's not fair to him.

They are riding with you(or whomever). Ass cash or grass. Nobody rides for free!

I dont mind him making money off of me but when it's obvious gouging, I don't go for that.
This argument is pointless. You or I or the "official question asker" have no idea what it costs to put this event on. So saying that it is "obvious" gouging is asinine.

Delinquent
07-21-2011, 11:07 AM
Lets say it costs $100,000. That a good safe number???

TravisG
07-21-2011, 11:33 AM
We can say that if you want. Go ahead and add it up.

cumminspuller
07-21-2011, 11:54 AM
Thank You. You have the same feelings I do on the subject.

Yes sir I do.

1 truck 5 people= $375

It makes perfect sense to Dan.

I understand that the man has to pay for the grounds for the stupid kids that think its cool to destroy something that does not belong to them. Maybe I missed it the last time I was there but i dont remember seeing anyone getting in trouble when they did mess up the grass or gravel or anything else I'm forgetting. On the streets was a different story. I agree with everyone else, it is a great show. I'd like to go but I don't know just yet.

Delinquent
07-21-2011, 11:56 AM
I figured that would ball park it, I don't know how much advertizing is done, and advertizing is high. I would venture to say that as much is spent on advertizing as it is the pull itself.

Look, I am the same as Daniel, I am all for a man making a buck.

Just think...
Most people just look at the gate collections only when they're thinking about these events. So say they get 5000 people to pay $30 gate. <This is easy, thats only 2500 people to pay on friday and 2500 on saturday. That only adds up to $150,000.

But when you figure in the 15-20% that they make off of Food Vendors, lets say 3 different vendors, each make $15k on the weekend, so a total of $45,000. 20% of that is $9,000.

Then you have sponsors and various vendors who want booths, and many levels. Just guessing from $500-$5000. I would say 15 vendors, a nice low number to be safe, will average $1250 a piece. Thats $18,750.

All these numbers are super low, especially the gate and sponsors. So whats it total up to?

zstroken
07-21-2011, 11:57 AM
I don't think the payouts for the scheid pulls are that great, especially at the gate fees they bring it. It is a tremendous amount of work, and if you can charge that fee and still fill the stands, and have a great field of trucks, then the price must not be that bad!

TravisG
07-21-2011, 12:09 PM
I can't count that high, I'm from Oklahoma!!

Now let's deduct....

Sled rental-
Fairgrounds rental-
Drag strip rental-
Equipment to make the pull track smooth and pretty-
Staff-(This is the big number in my opinion)
Security-(I don't think those Police work for free)
Announcer-(Cuz that guys is awesome!!!)

As far as the food thing, I think that is a volunteer thing. Kind of like Boy Scouts or something to help them raise money, so I think we can back that number out.

I'm sure there is some stuff I can't think of, just like I'm sure you are. The point is we could piss and moan about this all day long, but until we put on an event like this and stay up for about 72 hours straight like Dan and some of his crew do we have no idea what it takes.

You guys come if you want. Stay home if you want. The one thing I think we can agree on is that this is one of, if not the best events for us in the country. I won't miss it.

Delinquent
07-21-2011, 12:17 PM
I agree, I couldn't imagine the work that goes into it, and Lord knows the time it consumes.

But it comes down to one thing:

90% are gonna pay it no matter what...and they know it.

There is something about this diesel community, I don't know whether to like it or hate it. It seems as if its all for one, and one for all. Everybody is afraid to say there peace, or rebel against something. They don't want there fellow comrades to thing different of them. Agree or disagree?

zstroken
07-21-2011, 12:17 PM
I can't count that high, I'm from Oklahoma!!

Now let's deduct....

Sled rental-
Fairgrounds rental-
Drag strip rental-
Equipment to make the pull track smooth and pretty-
Staff-(This is the big number in my opinion)
Security-(I don't think those Police work for free)
Announcer-(Cuz that guys is awesome!!!)

As far as the food thing, I think that is a volunteer thing. Kind of like Boy Scouts or something to help them raise money, so I think we can back that number out.

I'm sure there is some stuff I can't think of, just like I'm sure you are. The point is we could piss and moan about this all day long, but until we put on an event like this and stay up for about 72 hours straight like Dan and some of his crew do we have no idea what it takes.

You guys come if you want. Stay home if you want. The one thing I think we can agree on is that this is one of, if not the best events for us in the country. I won't miss it.

It is by far the best event in the country, DHRA, NADM, etc, can't put on an event of this magnitude!

ctdiesel99
07-21-2011, 12:23 PM
I know you were just listing a couple of the costs, but don't forget about insurance. That's a good chunk of change too. Like I said, I don't care if it costs Dan $10 or $1,000,000 to put this event on, I'll be there either way and pay the $30/day, to me it's well worth it.

TravisG
07-21-2011, 12:29 PM
See I forgot one and some kid tripped and scraped his knee and now I'm flat broke and can't take my kids to see Cars 2.

Thank you Dan Scheid for putting this event on so I don't have to.

haloman
07-21-2011, 12:46 PM
Just to be clear. It's not that we don't like the event or appreciate the effort. It's when the price goes up this much it throws up the flag for those of us that don't like to burn money.

Look here is what is clear:
He is going to make extra bank by combining parking and event fees and selling more tickets than the stands will allow. It wouldn't be so bad if I knew the stands were full I could go to vendor row and the show and shine until some space might clear up.

I don't mind the $30 total. What I mind is that it's together with parking. Let us in to see vendor row/dyno/show and shine without forcing event admission to an oversold event. I would gladly pay $15 to park and $15 to get in the event when I am ready.

It's not the price point it's the approach. Like I said you can full stands without a full parking lot. If you separate you can have both and make more money.

Clear as mud?

4bt40
07-21-2011, 01:03 PM
I can't count that high, I'm from Oklahoma

Hey now!

Just to be clear. It's not that we don't like the event or appreciate the effort. It's when the price goes up this much it throws up the flag for those of us that don't like to burn money.

I think what is "burning money" is all relevant is it not? I'm not wealthy by any means, but I'm not going to let $30 per day hold me up. It won't be burning money to me because I will enjoy it. Maybe we should all start a piggy bank fund, as soon as SDX is over each year you start putting ~$0.21 per day into it, by the next year you got your weekend pass! Like that math Travis? LOL 365/$75=.20547 may not be able to count but I can use a calculator :woohoo:

TravisG
07-21-2011, 01:06 PM
I have a headache!

haloman
07-21-2011, 01:07 PM
Yes it is all relative.

Phooker
07-21-2011, 01:07 PM
does anybody else notice the people complaining about gate fees will spend more to get in than they will in fuel?

haloman
07-21-2011, 01:11 PM
does anybody else notice the people complaining about gate fees will spend more to get in than they will in fuel?

That's why it's all relative. If i was paying $500 for plane tickets and $200 for rental car its not a big percentage increase to pay extra. This increase would add 50% to my trip cost.

Phooker
07-21-2011, 01:13 PM
That's why it's all relative. If i was paying $500 for plane tickets and $200 for rental car its not a big percentage increase to pay extra. This increase would add 50% to my trip cost.
Not to be a dik, but stay home then. If you want to go, pay what they want, if you don't like what they're charging, stay home. It's really easy.

haloman
07-21-2011, 01:22 PM
Yea that's pretty dik. Don't worry I am staying home. The sense of futility of my argument has always been realized but if noone says anything they will keep charging. At least I said my peace and feel better.

Phooker
07-21-2011, 01:26 PM
Obviously you don't think you'll get $75 worth of enjoyment from the weekend. I see that as a small price to pay for an event that gathers some of the best entertainment of the year. If the rest of the general populous begins to feel slighted, then the event attendance will dwindle, resulting in a redesign of the entrance fees. But you must also consider that the entrance fees are raised to keep idiots out as well as to pay for security to keep the idiots that do come under control. But I guess that argument is futile as well, because every event promoter is out to make it rich, I mean they put how much time and effort into promoting and organizing? No they don't deserve to get paid for that. Maybe you should go outside and look for some more black helicopters.

Delinquent
07-21-2011, 01:33 PM
Are you saying all the idiots are poor and can't pay $30/75 to get in? Thats funny.

90% of the idiots are the ones with jacked up fords or chevys with programmers. Doing burnouts and dougnuts, they living off of Mom and Dad. Money ain't **** to them!

haloman
07-21-2011, 01:35 PM
Haha. Way to ruin a civil discussion Hooker. I hope you guys have a blast.

RedBowTies88
07-21-2011, 01:35 PM
Are you saying all the idiots are poor and can't pay $30/75 to get in? Thats funny.

90% of the idiots are the ones with jacked up fords or chevys with programmers. Doing burnouts and dougnuts, they living off of Mom and Dad. Money ain't **** to them!

completely agree

Phooker
07-21-2011, 01:43 PM

No, just the fact that it will hopefully deter some of them from coming. But even if it doesn't slow the flow of idiots, it will pay for security to make sure they control their shenanigans.
See, I'd love to see you there Daniel. I've never had any ill will towards you, nor in this thread. I just get tired of people whining and complaining at an event. If you don't like the way it's run, start your own. Make your event as big as SDX, get as many people to come, get all of the staff to help it run smoothly, as well as security. Then charge us all five dollars to get in, I'm sure your event won't last a year man. I'm sure it's cool to have all of these pulls on the weekend close to you that charge 10 bucks a carload to get in, but down south, we don't have them. So we have no problem driving across the country, paying 75 bucks for an awesome, action packed event.

lightsOUT
07-21-2011, 01:56 PM

Best thing to do is call Scheid and discuss the fees with them. Maybe they will be able to explain what the cost increase covers. Maybe you will get it changed. Griping about it on compD will not get it changed. Good luck either way.

Personally I wish I had your problem where $75 was increasing my costs by 50%. I will be taking off 3 days of work (which I don't get paid for, btw), paying for a hotel room for two nights and making the 1400 mile round trip for the 10th time.

nasty 2005
07-21-2011, 02:18 PM
^ Totally agreed and hopefully it will thin the crowd and keep some of the phuktards out!! bif

Timbeaux
07-21-2011, 02:23 PM
Personally I wish I had your problem where $75 was increasing my costs by 50%.

Puts things into perspective..................

Phooker
07-21-2011, 02:25 PM
Best thing to do is call Scheid and discuss the fees with them. Maybe they will be able to explain what the cost increase covers. Maybe you will get it changed. Griping about it on compD will not get it changed. Good luck either way.

Personally I wish I had your problem where $75 was increasing my costs by 50%. I will be taking off 3 days of work (which I don't get paid for, btw), paying for a hotel room for two nights and making the 1400 mile round trip for the 10th time.
:rockwoot:

^ Totally agreed and hopefully it will thin the crowd and keep some of the phuktards out!! bif
:clap:
Puts things into perspective..................
:cheer:

Timbeaux
07-21-2011, 02:26 PM

Griping on comp D got Daniel an offer for a free tour of the fairgrounds a few years back after he griped about not getting a tour of the shop..... He declined the fairgrounds tour for some reason.

Phooker
07-21-2011, 02:35 PM
Say what?

Craig_C
07-21-2011, 03:20 PM
You could always watch from the road. I hear those seats will be free.

Or, hide in the trunk of the car your gonna ride up in. Oh wait, your not bringing your car? Why? Because its SDX! You dont drive your car to SDX thats why! You spend the extra cost for diesel and get less milage because its SDX! If $75 is too much to pay for a weekend of what SDX has to offer, then maybe this isnt the sport for you.

cumminspuller
07-21-2011, 03:50 PM

Exactly.

haloman
07-21-2011, 04:06 PM
Griping on comp D got Daniel an offer for a free tour of the fairgrounds a few years back after he griped about not getting a tour of the shop..... He declined the fairgrounds tour for some reason.

Dan Scheid made that right two years ago. No worries there. There is no bad blood. A handshake and conversation took care of it. I really appreciate how he handled that and still have his personal card on file.

haloman
07-21-2011, 04:08 PM
You could always watch from the road. I hear those seats will be free.

Or, hide in the trunk of the car your gonna ride up in. Oh wait, your not bringing your car? Why? Because its SDX! You dont drive your car to SDX thats why! You spend the extra cost for diesel and get less milage because its SDX! If $75 is too much to pay for a weekend of what SDX has to offer, then maybe this isnt the sport for you.

I have been in the sport eleven years. No worries about what I want to participate in. And the 50% increase comes from that it is me and my wife.

Dalpilot
07-25-2011, 04:30 PM
I dont even want to think about what its gonna cost to get there but im going.

Corn Fed
07-25-2011, 10:27 PM
im coming up from FL. im going spend a fortune in fuel. they can charge what they want i aint missing out on a good time with good friends.

Mwyant 00
07-25-2011, 10:49 PM
It will cost your $10-$15 to get into a local brush pull, and you don't get to see some of the best trucks in the country either. I would rather pay an extra $15.

Red_Rattler
07-25-2011, 11:09 PM
I still dont see the problem? Its pretty much the same as last year except all in one price now... Wasnt it 10 for first session qualifying then 15 or 20 for the night session? Hence 30 for all day.... And exactly who gives a chit its the nations top trucks and ALOT of great pulling and if your not there to watch that, what are you really doing there in the first place?

THEBIGJOB
07-26-2011, 02:18 PM
I still dont see the problem? Its pretty much the same as last year except all in one price now... Wasnt it 10 for first session qualifying then 15 or 20 for the night session? Hence 30 for all day.... And exactly who gives a chit its the nations top trucks and ALOT of great pulling and if your not there to watch that, what are you really doing there in the first place?

I couldn't agree more. I think they are charging at the gate for the whole days events to keep the Partying in the parking lot down. I did like having a parking pass and going back and forth to the hotel as I wanted. Will this still be the case?

UNBROKEN
07-26-2011, 03:02 PM
Let's see....
Fuel $450
Hotel $600 for 6 nights I'll be gone.
Work missed $1300 for 4 days
Food/drinks/miscellaneous crap $400

There's $2750 in real costs for me to go to SDX...and that's probably a light estimate.
I could give a rats ass about a $30 a day gate fee.

Phooker
07-26-2011, 03:04 PM
Let's see....
Fuel $450
Hotel $600 for 6 nights I'll be gone.
Work missed $1300 for 4 days
Food/drinks/miscellaneous crap $400

There's $2750 in real costs for me to go to SDX...and that's probably a light estimate.
I could give a rats ass about a $30 a day gate fee.
but but but...it increases his travel budget by 50%....

FordGuy24
07-26-2011, 03:07 PM
but but but...it increases his travel budget by 50%....

its easyer to be a phucking cry baby I guess:hehe:

haloman
07-26-2011, 03:38 PM
Whatever. Hooker you have met me right? You don't have to make fun of someone just cause we count our money differently. I am ok if you guys want to spend your money on the increased gate fees it's just not for me this year.

Dalpilot
07-26-2011, 06:39 PM
Maybe we will see you there next year then. The results and lots of vids will be posted im sure.

Phooker
07-26-2011, 06:45 PM
Whatever. Hooker you have met me right? You don't have to make fun of someone just cause we count our money differently. I am ok if you guys want to spend your money on the increased gate fees it's just not for me this year.

Yes Daniel, I originally met you at the NHRDA East Coast Finals a few years back, then at TS the past two years. I'm not necessarily making fun of you man. Just pointing out how rediculous you are making the small price to get in when you look at the big picture. Its not how we count our money per say, its how we value a good time with friends. If I lived across the street I wouldn't care if they charged 100 dollars for the weekend.

Fat fingered from my phone.

haloman
07-26-2011, 07:13 PM
Maybe we will see you there next year then. The results and lots of vids will be posted im sure.

Thanks Tim.

haloman
07-26-2011, 07:15 PM
Yes Daniel, I originally met you at the NHRDA East Coast Finals a few years back, then at TS the past two years. I'm not necessarily making fun of you man. Just pointing out how rediculous you are making the small price to get in when you look at the big picture. Its not how we count our money per say, its how we value a good time with friends. If I lived across the street I wouldn't care if they charged 100 dollars for the weekend.

Fat fingered from my phone.

The question was rhetorical. Of course We know each other. The point was to do you really want to stir up the 6'6" 400lb man behind the keyboard? It was a poor attempt at humor. Lol

Red_Rattler
07-26-2011, 07:20 PM
I'd pay 60 bucks to see that fight.... Problem solved

haloman
07-26-2011, 07:31 PM
I'd pay 60 bucks to see that fight.... Problem solved

LOL

wrongway
07-26-2011, 07:53 PM
The question was rhetorical. Of course We know each other. The point was to do you really want to stir up the 6'6" 400lb man behind the keyboard? It was a poor attempt at humor. Lol

Daniel, I've met you and I just don't think you are a violent person. Me on the other hand, I would kill Hooker for you! LMAO Fella's, every man reaches his point of dollars spent versus fun had. Daniel has met his and I'm fine with that. Daniel, if you change your mind you know where we will be. Gary

haloman
07-26-2011, 08:02 PM
Daniel, I've met you and I just don't think you are a violent person. Me on the other hand, I would kill Hooker for you! LMAO Fella's, every man reaches his point of dollars spent versus fun had. Daniel has met his and I'm fine with that. Daniel, if you change your mind you know where we will be. Gary

Haha. You caught me Gary I wouldn't harm hooker if I wanted too. He was the only one making it personal, had to see if I could get a stir. And Gary you summed up my thoughts perfectly. Thank You.

TravisG
07-27-2011, 10:23 AM
Me on the other hand, I would kill Hooker for you! LMAO

Can I give you a check next time I see you or would you rather me mail it?

Phooker
07-27-2011, 10:37 AM
Can I give you a check next time I see you or would you rather me mail it?
Hmm...maybe I could make money off of getting beat up...hell fighters have been doing this for years.

DieselWrencher
07-27-2011, 02:51 PM
I just hope that we don't have to do any major wrenching to be able to make passes at an event. LOL And Travis, your avatar disappoints me. Where's the good ones at? LOL

TravisG
07-27-2011, 03:21 PM
I just hope that we don't have to do any major wrenching to be able to make passes at an event. LOL And Travis, your avatar disappoints me. Where's the good ones at? LOL

Remembering a friend. Don't worry. She will be back.

DieselWrencher
07-27-2011, 05:23 PM
Remembering a friend. Don't worry. She will be back.

Sorry for your loss man.

bcdeutsch731
07-29-2011, 04:14 PM
Is this a 1/4 mile track or 1/8 mile, and how strict are they at tech? I’m thinking on going but no sure if I should just go in the show n shine or race my truck. I run high 10’s in the 1/4 mile but I don’t have a roll bar.

TravisG
07-29-2011, 04:42 PM
It's a 1/8th mile. NHRA rules apply.

bcdeutsch731
07-29-2011, 05:02 PM
Do you happen to know if I would need a roll bar if I run a mid 6 sec 1/8 mile at 105mph?

BlakeW
07-29-2011, 05:09 PM
Do you happen to know if I would need a roll bar if I run a mid 6 sec 1/8 mile at 105mph?

Yes you will need a roll bar. If I remember right its 7.35 in 1/8 for a roll bar.

rbmedic75
07-29-2011, 07:17 PM
I think its a little faster than 7.35 quite a few 7.00 last year that were not caged. But yeah if you're down in the 6's pretty sure you gonna need it caged

bcdeutsch731
07-30-2011, 08:58 AM
Thanks.

RascalMafia
07-31-2011, 11:28 AM
Personally, I'd rather see an increase in gate price, and then a decrease in registration fees for competitors. Take from ones who don't compete, add to the purse for those that do. Lower registration fees, and higher purses will always attract more competition. I don't care how much it costs to get in...which follows my ritual of only going to bars that have dress codes and charge admission...less idiots, more class.

Smokie Okie
07-31-2011, 12:59 PM
I'll be making it in my 1st gen. It's only 750 miles for me. I don't mind the extra cost if it keeps the idiots from doing donuts in the parking lot around my truck.

There was a truck full of kids doing donuts for almost and hour last year. I think they finally ran out of gas.

I would like to see more room in the stands, but what the hell, I've seen worse that cost more.

I'm new to this sight, maybe I'll be able to meet some of you guys while I'm up there.

DieselGirli
08-14-2011, 12:39 PM
All I gotta say is that I am SOOOOOO excited for SDX, the drive and money will be worth it to see everyone and go to an event that I have never been too! It can hurry up now.....

WhitetailAddict
08-14-2011, 08:46 PM
All I gotta say is that I am SOOOOOO excited for SDX, the drive and money will be worth it to see everyone and go to an event that I have never been too! It can hurry up now.....

I agree, it can't get here fast enough. I don't think you'll be disappointed...SDX is THE event of the year (at least for me).

As for the fee increase...

Maybe my math is incorrect, but last year it was $25 to park the truck (we split it among all of us in the truck-say $5), then it was $17 and $19 (my memory is fuzzy) for entrance fees to the stands. That is, at the most, an $8 increase for the event...

haloman
08-14-2011, 08:51 PM
I agree, it can't get here fast enough. I don't think you'll be disappointed...SDX is THE event of the year (at least for me).

As for the fee increase...

Maybe my math is incorrect, but last year it was $25 to park the truck (we split it among all of us in the truck-say $5), then it was $17 and $19 (my memory is fuzzy) for entrance fees to the stands. That is, at the most, an $8 increase for the event...

Won't be able to split it between the truck. Doesn't matter if one or ten per truck thirty bucks per person a day. So $3 savings for one person for two days. $21 increase for two people. Figure that up for your truck load of five.

WhitetailAddict
08-14-2011, 09:38 PM
Won't be able to split it between the truck. Doesn't matter if one or ten per truck thirty bucks per person a day. So $3 savings for one person for two days. $21 increase for two people. Figure that up for your truck load of five.

Yeah, that's where I seem to be missing your point.

Last year we split the parking fee ($5/person for a round number) and then we each paid our event fee ($17 for one and $19 for the other- iirc). That still leads me to a total event increase of (at the most) $19 ($11 on Saturday and $8 on Friday) because last year's parking pass was for the whole weekend. The only remaining variable (for me) was the separate fees for the two events both Friday and Saturday (since it rained Friday)...if I could remember what they were it may be cheaper this year, or at the least very close.

haloman
08-14-2011, 09:48 PM
There is no parking fee this year. If you have five people in your truck it's a $150 a day to get in the gate which also gets in the pulls.

ctdiesel99
08-14-2011, 09:53 PM
so $17 a piece for the pulls = $85 (for 5 people) plus $25 parking = $110 for everyone, = $22 a piece total for last year, this year it's a flat rate of $30 a head. Increase of $8. I better go take out a second mortgage for that 8 bucks lmfao

haloman
08-14-2011, 09:55 PM
And if it rains as soon as you get in the lot you only spent five bucks in your scenario last year compared to thirty this year.

Or if you want to visit the vendors and the show and shine

Or if the stands are full

Etc etc etc

WhitetailAddict
08-14-2011, 09:56 PM
so $17 a piece for the pulls = $85 (for 5 people) plus $25 parking = $110 for everyone, = $22 a piece total for last year, this year it's a flat rate of $30 a head. Increase of $8. I better go take out a second mortgage for that 8 bucks lmfao

So someone else sees my logic...

When you factor in the fact there is not a parking fee, the increase does not seem that substantial.

haloman
08-14-2011, 09:59 PM

The second day it gets even cheaper since the $25 was for all weekend. $13 increase for the second with your math.

Phooker
08-15-2011, 01:57 AM
So someone else sees my logic...

When you factor in the fact there is not a parking fee, the increase does not seem that substantial.
I guess what we're not getting is the fact the people actually go to this event to see the event. I hang out in the vendor alley and all before the show, but when it's showtime, I'm making my way to where the show is.

WhitetailAddict
08-15-2011, 02:22 AM
I guess what we're not getting is the fact the people actually go to this event to see the event. I hang out in the vendor alley and all before the show, but when it's showtime, I'm making my way to where the show is.

I think you're right. That clarifies the debate a bit.

Hammer
08-15-2011, 07:27 AM
I will not attend and haven't ever since the idiots were doing burnouts in the motel lot a few years ago about wiped my old 12v truck and a bunch of others out.While I understand that we can not control what people do outside of the gates,one would certainly think we could police our own instead of allowing idiots to get blasted and inflate their testosterone to the point they feel driving stupid in a confined lot is "cool".

I have been to many other racing bodies national events and have yet to ever see anyone doing the stupid crap that is associated with diesel events,It is an embarrassment to the entire diesel community.

haloman
08-15-2011, 07:28 AM

Look here is what is clear:
He is going to make extra bank by combining parking and event fees and selling more tickets than the stands will allow. It wouldn't be so bad if I knew the stands were full I could go to vendor row and the show and shine until some space might clear up.

I don't mind the $30 total. What I mind is that it's together with parking. Let us in to see vendor row/dyno/show and shine without forcing event admission to an oversold event. I would gladly pay $15 to park and $15 to get in the event when I am ready.

It's not the price point it's the approach. Like I said you can full stands without a full parking lot. If you separate you can have both and make more money.

Clear as mud?

Here let me quote this post from a few pages back.

Phooker
08-15-2011, 01:32 PM
The thing most of us find ludicrous is the fact that you would go to an event and not go to the event. I guess us coming from across the country see it a lot differently though.

FordGuy24
08-15-2011, 01:57 PM
The thing most of us find ludicrous is the fact that you would go to an event and not go to the event. I guess us coming from across the country see it a lot differently though.

I'm four hours away and still agree with you, pointless

haloman
08-15-2011, 02:22 PM
I am done. You guys have fun. I am just too bull-headed to give up when trying to make a point. My apologies.

WhitetailAddict
08-15-2011, 02:34 PM
I will not attend and haven't ever since the idiots were doing burnouts in the motel lot a few years ago about wiped my old 12v truck and a bunch of others out.While I understand that we can not control what people do outside of the gates,one would certainly think we could police our own instead of allowing idiots to get blasted and inflate their testosterone to the point they feel driving stupid in a confined lot is "cool".

I have been to many other racing bodies national events and have yet to ever see anyone doing the stupid crap that is associated with diesel events,It is an embarrassment to the entire diesel community.

No offense intended, but not attending SDX because of an act of stupidity on another individual's part does not make any sense to me. That's like the kid at the playground taking his toys because the others don't play by his rules. I understand you not wanting to put your truck in harm's way, but you can't "police our own" actions at Scheid's when you're sitting in your living room. If anything that may be an issue with the hotel, not the event itself.

I had to "police our own" at the Carlisle ATN two weekends ago when a kid in a Powerstroke thought it would be "cool" to show his massive amounts of power by spinning up the grass between two access roads (on the steep hill after a downpour). I'm not going to stop going to Carlisle, and having fun with my friends, because I had to tell someone to knock off their stupid behavior.

Sorry for the derail guys.

WhitetailAddict
08-15-2011, 02:39 PM

This^

haloman
08-15-2011, 02:48 PM
This^

The events get oversold and the stands are completely full even an hour before the event. This hasn't just happened to me. Doesn't matter that I am just down the road two hours I could travel around the world and not get a seat.

Phooker
08-15-2011, 02:49 PM
The events get oversold and the stands are completely full even an hour before the event. This hasn't just happened to me. Doesn't matter that I am just down the road two hours I could travel around the world and not get a seat.
Can't remember the last event that I went to and sat down to be honest, even if I wasn't toting my camera, I still like to get around, not be tethered to one spot. But I guess that's just me.

haloman
08-15-2011, 03:01 PM
Can't remember the last event that I went to and sat down to be honest, even if I wasn't toting my camera, I still like to get around, not be tethered to one spot. But I guess that's just me.

I can understand that. I am not the creepy camera guy tho.

Phooker
08-15-2011, 03:02 PM
I can understand that. I am not the creepy camera guy tho.
Even when I'm not the "creepy camera guy" I still don't stay in one spot/sit down very often, unless it's in the pits between rounds.

FordGuy24
08-15-2011, 03:03 PM

No fawkin way...You guys are being drama queens over this, there is always a place to sit.

Phooker
08-15-2011, 04:56 PM
Not to be a dik, but stay home then. If you want to go, pay what they want, if you don't like what they're charging, stay home. It's really easy.
Just wanted to bring this up again....

RobH
08-15-2011, 05:33 PM
Damn, you should see the fuel bill some of us pullers have just to get there and pull. Makes you laugh at anyone *****ing about something under 100 bucks.

jordanjames81
08-15-2011, 05:34 PM
Damn, you should see the fuel bill some of us pullers have just to get there and pull. Makes you laugh at anyone *****ing about something under 100 bucks.

I agree Rob ill trade a fuel bill for $30 event fee.

jordanjames81
08-15-2011, 06:33 PM
I think this is funny you guys want to raise hell over $30 to get in and watch this event has any of you looked to see what the pay out is for this event. If not here is the link from Scheid site check it out. Then you may understand why the $30 charge to watch.

http://www.scheiddiesel.com/uploads/files2/Purse%20Info.pdf

Phooker
08-15-2011, 08:19 PM
Wait, so if I follow this correctly, if you had one badazz 2.6 puller you could potentially walk away with 9k dollars?

RobH
08-16-2011, 05:51 AM
Wait, so if I follow this correctly, if you had one badazz 2.6 puller you could potentially walk away with 9k dollars?

No, your not following correctly.

syrupdawg
08-16-2011, 06:32 AM

Really? Because just last week at a local track was a nhra series and a zr1 corvette was doing doughnuts in the parking lot and drifting around. And last year we were filming for pass time and the next night they had a very big "gasser" race and people were out there drunk and acting stupid...even saw a high speed golf cars chase end in a wreck lol

Bosshawg600
08-16-2011, 07:25 AM
You guys go ahead and keep arguing.....Ill be enjoying myself down at TH......

JMOODY
08-16-2011, 09:59 AM
We pay $10-$15 to get into a county fair pull that has 15 trucks. If we are lucky 5 of them will be decent trucks. Doesn't seem like $30 is bad to see the best 50 trucks in the country. What do people think the price should be? Maybe $20? So somebody is *****ing over $10. Really, have fun with that.

StainlessRRA
08-16-2011, 10:14 AM
I took the money I would have spent on SDX/vacation days and used it for my ski season. I just don't think I can handle all the drunk rednecks right now. Two bed room condo with hot tub near Breckenridge>Screaming rednecks at SDX.

The only thing I feel like I'm missing is seeing my friends from CompD.

Legendarydslper
08-16-2011, 10:28 AM

This.

WPDiesel
08-16-2011, 10:32 AM

Why is it cheaper to do it seperate days then a weekend pass this makes no sense to me at all!!! :bang

ILLINOISRAM
08-16-2011, 10:43 AM
Why is it cheaper to do it seperate days then a weekend pass this makes no sense to me at all!!! :bang

30+30+20=80$

Weekend pass= 75$

Am I missing something?

longhorn859
08-16-2011, 10:56 AM
:lolly:

WPDiesel
08-16-2011, 02:06 PM
i guess i didnt see the $20 that sums it up lol maybe i shoulda looked harder

12valvePwr96
08-16-2011, 02:08 PM
Lol 5 bucks, what a good savings.

Curt2199
08-16-2011, 03:52 PM
Can anyone enlighten us on the new security practices in place this year? I generally abide by the rules and don't cause problems but am I going to have to worry about getting my beer into the bleachers while I'm watching the pulls this year?

Red_Rattler
08-16-2011, 04:54 PM
Why are we still *****ing about this? I've also heard everything from homeland security to the national guard will be present. Should be interesting

K-Farms
08-16-2011, 05:07 PM
anybody know if they have a unloading dock at the fair grounds that would work for a flat bed semi trailer?

bgilbert
08-16-2011, 05:21 PM
anybody know if they have a unloading dock at the fair grounds that would work for a flat bed semi trailer?
I'm pretty sure there is on the west side of the fairgrounds near the camping area. Just call Scheid in Terre Haute to find out for sure.

zstroken
08-16-2011, 05:38 PM
I'm pretty sure there is on the west side of the fairgrounds near the camping area. Just call Scheid in Terre Haute to find out for sure.

There was last time I saw it. It was the one that someone drove a car off of one year tho

RobH
08-16-2011, 06:21 PM
Lol 5 bucks, what a good savings.

You can get plenty of spam for that!

Red_Rattler
08-16-2011, 07:33 PM
There was last time I saw it. It was the one that someone drove a car off of one year tho

I witnessed this as well! Poor VW dumb owner... And yes it will work with a flatbed but Id imagine ud have to jackknife it since theres a building right across the road from it.

12valvePwr96
08-17-2011, 10:56 AM
You can get plenty of spam for that!

True, true. You present a valid point.

Bosshawg600
08-17-2011, 01:32 PM

Or you can just do what the Super Stock tracktor guys do......Just jack knife the trailer in the ditch back by the camp grounds.........Seems to happen every year!

K-Farms
08-18-2011, 05:27 PM
haha well hell i guess that works too

Hammer
08-19-2011, 04:23 PM
No offense intended, but not attending SDX because of an act of stupidity on another individual's part does not make any sense to me. That's like the kid at the playground taking his toys because the others don't play by his rules. I understand you not wanting to put your truck in harm's way, but you can't "police our own" actions at Scheid's when you're sitting in your living room. If anything that may be an issue with the hotel, not the event itself.

This was not a single individuals act and there were many others who were also acting like fools.The gentleman who I witnessed when I walked out to retrieve a article from my truck was dealt with in my own fashion.The sheer amount of stupidity witnessed by many due to the amount of alcohol overload in that town was a embarrassment to us all.It has not stopped,nor has it been curtailed at all,the videos are out there and it seems to get worse each year.I will keep saying it,I attend many other sanctioning bodies national events and do not have to deal with the amount of stupidity that goes along with diesel motorsports events.One would think if we were policing our own,issues like this would not continue and towns would not want us out of the area.

Maybe your right and some of us are like a kid taking his toys so no one else can play with them.However,until the others can stroke the check to pay for the toys I feel they have no right to use them let alone have them for their personal guardrail while having a burnout contest in a motel lot.

Carlisle a couple of weeks ago had its share of issues,due to weather and too much booze.from idiots and their diesels driving around sooting everyone out and doing burnouts to the drop-n-drag jagoff's acting like drunken idiots many people were talked to and some tossed out.The only reason I still go there is I do not have to leave my truck sit in a motel lot and can take it home.The one truck we left at the show grounds(GF;s 01.5 Sport) had stuff stolen from it and the management basically did not care when told about it.

Its very tiresome when you work hard to have a nice unit and others have no respect for their own and even less for yours.

RobH
08-20-2011, 08:14 AM
This was not a single individuals act and there were many others who were also acting like fools.The gentleman who I witnessed when I walked out to retrieve a article from my truck was dealt with in my own fashion.The sheer amount of stupidity witnessed by many due to the amount of alcohol overload in that town was a embarrassment to us all.It has not stopped,nor has it been curtailed at all,the videos are out there and it seems to get worse each year.I will keep saying it,I attend many other sanctioning bodies national events and do not have to deal with the amount of stupidity that goes along with diesel motorsports events.One would think if we were policing our own,issues like this would not continue and towns would not want us out of the area.

Maybe your right and some of us are like a kid taking his toys so no one else can play with them.However,until the others can stroke the check to pay for the toys I feel they have no right to use them let alone have them for their personal guardrail while having a burnout contest in a motel lot.

Carlisle a couple of weeks ago had its share of issues,due to weather and too much booze.from idiots and their diesels driving around sooting everyone out and doing burnouts to the drop-n-drag jagoff's acting like drunken idiots many people were talked to and some tossed out.The only reason I still go there is I do not have to leave my truck sit in a motel lot and can take it home.The one truck we left at the show grounds(GF;s 01.5 Sport) had stuff stolen from it and the management basically did not care when told about it.

Its very tiresome when you work hard to have a nice unit and others have no respect for their own and even less for yours.

Well dont go then, while im sure most here would agree with you it gets out of hand, your not goin to change the world, and most are too busy watching or competing in the event to walk around policing it. While i agree with you its rediculous what some people do out there, if you let yourself get embarrased over it, that is your own problem. Diesel events have the most problems cause its the "popular" thing at the moment. Common sence will tell you that. So i guess if your not gonna go, dont go, like i said, the event will go on.

zstroken
08-20-2011, 09:53 AM
Well dont go then, while im sure most here would agree with you it gets out of hand, your not goin to change the world, and most are too busy watching or competing in the event to walk around policing it. While i agree with you its rediculous what some people do out there, if you let yourself get embarrased over it, that is your own problem. Diesel events have the most problems cause its the "popular" thing at the moment. Common sence will tell you that. So i guess if your not gonna go, dont go, like i said, the event will go on.

It is even some of the competitors, last year(might have been the year before) I snagged a set of keys from an idiot that was doing donuts in the infield and gave them to a local law enforcement person. His pulling buddy made a comment on here about how big of a dik I was for doing that. Lol

Bosshawg600
08-20-2011, 02:01 PM
It is even some of the competitors, last year(might have been the year before) I snagged a set of keys from an idiot that was doing donuts in the infield and gave them to a local law enforcement person. His pulling buddy made a comment on here about how big of a dik I was for doing that. Lol

Not only Competitors and "Fans".......Vendors have partaken in the madness too (Some of it was worse than the regular people), and at that very moment I lost all respect for that company!!!

Although I will say TS this year looked like an AARP convention after the pulls and races were over, so maybe "Policing our Own" is starting to take hold.

6gears
08-24-2011, 06:05 PM
Okay...here is my only reply to this thread. I live very close to the fairgrounds so I really don't mind the $30 fee, however, my wife (who loves trucks) always used to come up saturday morning to see the show and shine, walk the booths, meet and greet, etc. Pulling is not her thing, so she would go shopping and dinner with friends during the pulls. She is not coming at all this year because she won't get her $30 worth. Not really the point here. My problem is going to be how they deal with the gate this year....What do you do with the trucks that have missed the price increase and either won't pay it or don't have the cash on them to get everybody in?? Are they going to have a turn-around lane? We all know how F-ed up the main entrance is usually anyway, I can only imagine what it will be like have to get all that money together and pay out.....

ILLINOISRAM
08-24-2011, 07:11 PM
There is no way in he'll I would let the actions of a few jackasses determine wether I have a good time or not. You can't prove that diesel guys are better by staying home either. Just my opinion though take it for what it's worth

Red_Rattler
08-24-2011, 07:57 PM
So this was posted on the SDX FB page.... This should make things interesting again this year...

Also note that Burlington, Bourbon & Canal Liquors, and surrounding businesses are allowing their parking lot to be used for after hours fun, they all went in together and rented a dumpster and are leaving the parking lot lights on this year. So lets show are gratitude and be safe and clean up after ourselves so they will continue this year after year! :)

Timbeaux
08-24-2011, 09:44 PM
Which FB page? The official one??? I have a sneaking feeling that the after hours fun may get cut a bit short if it cranks up...... But WTF do I know?

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk...... That is why my replies are short and my spelling sucks.

Red_Rattler
08-24-2011, 10:19 PM
Yes it was the official one but was posted by a local person soooo I don't know if there's truth behind it. Also there will be 60 more police and 20 rental cops on duty compared to last year and talk of homeland security

1STGENFARMBOY
08-24-2011, 10:57 PM
I live close to DuQuoin ILL where the Street Machine Nats used to be held, back in the late 80's it cost more that 30 bucks to drive your car in.

the event would gain 3-4 million dollars for the surrounding erea, but still the drunks and trash caused the town of DuQuoin to say thats it.

so me and my old 1st gen will be there, and we won't be causing any problems, we will be visiting friends and when the first truck pulls we will go to the stands and be able to find a good seat as always.

being a grandpa now i can look back at something my dad told me at 16, ( if you want to stay out of trouble, stay away from where trouble is) I do this and have never had any problems at SDX.

see ya there.

Dar

DieselGirli
08-25-2011, 05:29 AM
I'm just ready for the event. Being stuck in NE broken down is killing me! Aaaah the joys of driving cross country. I'm gonna need a drink, or two.

RobH
08-25-2011, 05:56 AM
There is no way in he'll I would let the actions of a few jackasses determine wether I have a good time or not. You can't prove that diesel guys are better by staying home either. Just my opinion though take it for what it's worth

X2!

virgil
08-25-2011, 10:54 AM
X2!

x3.

lightsOUT
08-25-2011, 10:24 PM
Well said Tim...

jordanjames81
08-26-2011, 01:04 AM
Trucks loaded in leaving n 3 hrs, cant sleep eighter lol. Ready to hang out & have fun

Robts
08-26-2011, 04:54 PM
$30 is cheap compared to the fuel its gonna take to get there. Just dropped $72 to fill the truck and leaving at 3am....

Krazeeun
08-27-2011, 12:44 AM
they're all sold out of the $75 for all weekend passes... got to pay ala carte now, $30/day...

jordanjames81
08-27-2011, 07:14 AM
I like how park is laid out this year, has cut down on the one that stop ya to blow smoke or burn outs. But the town madness is still at it. Seen lots of blue,light last nite while out eating in just checking things out