Rail Pressure Gauge

Buck1

Something
What are you guys using, if anything? Found a Diprocal with white face, but looking for something with a black face for buddies 06 LBZ to match the dash. I thought I saw an ISSPRO prototype somewhere, but nothing on website.

Thanks guys.

Yup, these will be coming out with the new Performax line. We've been plagued by component supplier delays, will hopefully start shipping production parts at the end of August.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

A gauge is better then nothing at all, but the real knowledge is the trends that happen in conjunction with and correlated to other actions and measurements.

I have proven beyond a doubt that when people preach they are “draining the rail “that this is erroneous. The screen print below is at the 928 hp tunes on project X this shows that with one Industrial Injection stage II CP3 pump that at this hp setting the rail is still at 26,500 lbs of pressure.

Knowledge is the key to making power; I absolutely believe that if you don’t have a data logger, you are running blind. Can you make power and run good with out one, the answer is yes you can, but you can run much with a data Logger.

RPM PRO Software
• 3 RPM CHANNELS, Engine, Clutch, Driveline or Wheel Speed
• 1 ACCELEROMETER CHANNEL, Forward G Meter , sensor extra
• 4 ANALOG CHANNELS, for Pressures, temps, position, Lateral G Meter, etc.
• 3 DIGITAL CHANNELS, for WOT, N2O Stages, etc.
• 1 BATTERY VOLTAGE CHANNEL (Internal)
1 Hall sensor
1 Pinion Collar, 4 magnets
Remote start cable and switch
All sensor cables
$ 588.00
Diesel rpm pick up $ 75.00
Rail pressure interface $ 30.00
Total $ 693.00

This will give you engine rpm, drive shaft rpm, rail pressure, and got 30 additional dollars you can monitor rail pressure out of you pressure box also, this is some interesting info.
Now that a basic system,
Add boost pressure and drive pressure for $ 136 each and. one egt’s for $ 160

Total for that system combined cost of $1118 .70 this is the minimum I would use

For $1895 you get the best of the best with 6 egt’s temps in and out of the intercooler

Attachments

• TEXAS MILE 161 F.jpg
    TEXAS MILE 161 F.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 12
EFI Live for $750 will nicely datalog rail pressure, timing, shot size, and lots of other stuff plus allow you tune custom tune your ECM. Expansion modules can be had that will let you log multiple egts, pressures, rpms and so for far less.

The difference in using a tuner and a true full function Data logger is the ability to save this data and overlay it on to different runs, The RPM computer will save between 5 and 15 runs depending on size. I also like to watch the drive line rpm in correlation to the accelerometer

I cant do that?

EFI Live V2 can do all of that. You will need some expansion modules. But I just recently found out where to get them! The accelerometer I do not know. I was going to purchase a RPM pro setup but learned that I can do all I want and then some with the EFI Live I allready had.:rockwoot:

COMP461 said:
The difference in using a tuner and a true full function Data logger is the ability to save this data and overlay it on to different runs, The RPM computer will save between 5 and 15 runs depending on size. I also like to watch the drive line rpm in correlation to the accelerometer

EFILive can do this for half the cost IMO.

you are using an EDC-16 which has a completely different set of PIDs and data readout capabilities If I am not mistaken...I could be wrong tho!

the stock delphi dmax truck ECM's can read out plenty of data. Combined with transmission logging (ISS, OSS, TIS, TCC duty cycle) and you dont need any standalone sensors for 99% of data logging on pickup trucks. If you want to add drive pressure etc guages you can input outside sources to efilive as well...

just my oppinion :)

ben

I have scan gauges, they display, Iat's, ect's, rail pressure, desired rail pressure, and about 15 or so other things, basically everything that EFI scans and displays. I have them in a trippin overhead console mount. each gauge moniters 2 parameters and they plu into the obd port.

Back