Warranty Void Thanks to Smarty

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokinCummins

For anyone thinking of buying a Smarty, it is not foolproof. I had a ECM crash on an 04.5 after downloading the Smarty. I ran the recovery sent to me by Bob Wagner. The recovery wiped out the ECM and left a fingerprint on the ECM. Now Dodge will not warranty it because it has had a Downloader installed. This Smarty was purchased because it is safe and undetectable, but yet Dodge found it.:bang

Matt is blaming the P0299 code for the smarty. The P0299 code (turbo boost pressure low) is caused by his aftermarket turbo.

The P0602 code is caused by the smarty and its only a nuisance code.

The unknown code is that unknow if you cant supply a p_____

The P0606 ECM Hardware error is just that a hardware issue with your ecm.

Matt your warranty was already in question by running your other mods too.

Fine a used ecm and I will set it up for you.

Thanks

IMO If you put a downloader, fuelbox, etc. on your truck, you knew you were playing with fire. If you look at some of the TSB's sent to Dodge dealers, you would know that pretty much no product available for the CR cummins is undetectable. The STAR tool can show fuel rates that are a dead giveaway for overfueling. Did you have another brand of downloader on the truck before the smarty?

Timbeaux38 said:
IMO If you put a downloader, fuelbox, etc. on your truck, you knew you were playing with fire. If you look at some of the TSB's sent to Dodge dealers, you would know that pretty much no product available for the CR cummins is undetectable. The STAR tool can show fuel rates that are a dead giveaway for overfueling. Did you have another brand of downloader on the truck before the smarty?

I agree with you about playing with fire.....but the Smarty advertises being "undetectable."

the ECM was totally virgin when the Smarty was installed. Matt, SmokinCummins, is a friend of mine.

the smarty still is undetectable......

Matt lost the key counts when I provided the recovery software.

Dodge has ecm problems all the time, why are they in such demand :bang

most of the time they are om restriction

Let me get this straight..

A truck with an after-market turbo goes to the dealership and is disapointed that the warranty is voided?

Forget the downloader.. Any tech in the world would probably be singing the "one of these things is not like the other" song when popping the hood and finding that.

Bob Wagner said:
Dodge has ecm problems all the time, why are they in such demand :bang

most of the time they are om restriction

always someone elses problem. Just like the smarty wouldn't work for crap on my truck and my truck had problems....but 3 weeks later I dyno 579 on a 62/14 with a Bullydog. :umno:

Timbeaux38 said:
Yeah, the star scan has a cool feature called fuel usage per cylinder....Any value above stock spec's = dead give away to a tuner. And if the smarty was the only one undetectable, and they can find no other traces in the ECM, then it's gotta be the smarty. Dodge Cummins techs own Dodge's just like everyone else and they are on these forms reading what the general public is doing with the trucks. Dodge Dealer's and their tech's arn't stupid. I used to work for Cummins Rocky Mountain, I know. :Cheer:

The New Beta works alright, but right now the BDDL is doing a better job on my truck anyways. With Dual Fuelers the Smarty takes FOREVER to spool the twins. And won't let me spool past 1700 RPM. Bully Dog Spools to 3000 RPM.

What warranty?

The question asked to me a hundred times a month: Will this effect my warranty?
The answer given by me a hundred times a month: Yep.

If a dodge tech knows what he's looking at its all over. Even if you've got a buddy at the dealer. Everyone answers to someone. OEM's spend millions of dollars on warranty repairs, but if they can step back they will.
Such an expensive game to play.

I get the "I wanna go fast, but I dont wanna void my warranty, what do I buy?" question all the time....

My answer:
nothing..tow heavy downhill.

lol Gotta choose one or the other. In this day in age, you can't have your cake and eat it too! :banghead: I like the no warranty idea, it seems to make the truck go faster?

I Believe that the smarty / MADS site proclaims the following:

"Q. Can a dealer detect Smarty?
If you take your truck back to stock software then the answer is NO! Smarty updates are NOT
detectable by the dealer! We've done our homework"

If the Dodge techinician see no trace of a dowloader and then looks at cylinder fuel usage and determines that there musta been something and it had to be a SMARTY..... Then MADS and Bob Wagner are NOT lying to you or us. The Cummins Tech is just connecting dots and comming to a conclusion.

I Don't like to defend any particular product, I sell them all but feel that blaming SMARTY for issues that are beyond their control is not worth the anger.

DID the DEALER confirm it was a SMARTY or did the conclude it had to be a SMARTY based on the evidence they found when ignoring the aftermarket turbo and Slick Rear Tires?

Bob Wagner said:
:Cheer: go ask james to try the new beta :welcome:

You are always promising bigger and better with each software upgrade. I've tried them all except the beta junk. Still haven't been impressed.

It's always best to break old stuff. No questions asked. Just a "nope that didn't work" and on to plan B.

JacktheBear3 said:
I Believe that the smarty / MADS site proclaims the following:

"Q. Can a dealer detect Smarty?
If you take your truck back to stock software then the answer is NO! Smarty updates are NOT
detectable by the dealer! We've done our homework"

If the Dodge techinician see no trace of a dowloader and then looks at cylinder fuel usage and determines that there musta been something and it had to be a SMARTY..... Then MADS and Bob Wagner are NOT lying to you or us. The Cummins Tech is just connecting dots and comming to a conclusion.

I Don't like to defend any particular product, I sell them all but feel that blaming SMARTY for issues that are beyond their control is not worth the anger.

DID the DEALER confirm it was a SMARTY or did the conclude it had to be a SMARTY based on the evidence they found when ignoring the aftermarket turbo and Slick Rear Tires?

Even though the dealer may not be able to detect that it was particularly the smarty itself, the person who in the end gets screwed is the smarty owner. Why? Because he/she puts a smarty on the truck, dodge finds that there has been some sort of aftermarket tune in the ECM and warranty is VOID.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back