PDA

View Full Version : Infinity to aftermarket in a 95 ram

Fireman450
07-26-2011, 12:57 AM
Bought a 95 3500 the other day and the Infinity system sounds good when i can get it to come off tape..lol Today i bought a install kit and wiring kit and pulled the pioneer out of my CR to put in the 95. Hooked the wiring up color for color installed the unit and now only the upper door speakers work... :kick:

Not sure where to start looking yall got any ideas?? All connections are good, some wires were not used. Im stumped right now.

Thanks
Lynn

Got Smoke?
07-26-2011, 06:20 AM
Infinity = PAIN IN THE ARSE! My 03 was SOB! Good luck bud, wish I had something helpful.

Red Sleeper
07-26-2011, 02:43 PM
I just did without them in my 01. Never really missed them.

Fireman450
07-27-2011, 05:39 PM
Thing is those are the only ones working lol I wouldnt mind if those didnt work but the others did lol

Fireman450
08-03-2011, 08:18 AM
Ok got that figured out. Now i have a blown speaker :doh: Im wanting to replace the door 6x9s with some pioneer speakers. I can hook the speakers up and they will work AS long as the power and ground are hooked up to the original infinity speaker. as soon as i disconnect those wires the whole system dies.

Hows the best way to fix this stupid thing lol.

Lynn

Got Smoke?
08-03-2011, 10:14 PM
Easiest fix is to figure out which color wire in the color coded harness is for your left and right speakers...then cut there and run a new wire all the way to the speaker. That will save you a TON of headache buddy.

JJKPowerstroke
08-06-2011, 09:20 PM
Here ya go. Hope it helps.

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/stereodetail/85.html

brian.norris
10-12-2011, 06:45 PM
Ok got that figured out. Now i have a blown speaker :doh: Im wanting to replace the door 6x9s with some pioneer speakers. I can hook the speakers up and they will work AS long as the power and ground are hooked up to the original infinity speaker. as soon as i disconnect those wires the whole system dies.

Hows the best way to fix this stupid thing lol.

Lynn

Check the 6x9s in the truck and if the back of the speaker has a huge box on it, it is amplified from there along with the radio. If this is the case you will need to by pass some wiring or just run all new wiring like said ^^^. Good luck!