PDA

View Full Version : 4300 Hydro Stuck in low!

JOHNBOY
06-27-2007, 04:59 AM
Well Crapola!

I lent my trusty JD 4300 Hydro compact to my in-laws. They called and said after they unhooked the PTO from hay elevator it would not move. So I drive over to see. Yup they are right.:bang In range C (high range) and range B ( mid range) you push the go pedals it just grones and stalls. Range A (low range) it works just fine other than the 4mph wound tight top speed!:doh:

Long ride home! I think when you put in C or B it is in both and this is causing the trouble. Basicly like a trans brake. I see no problems with any external linkage. I just last month changed all the filters and fluids. Deere fluids and Wix filters.

Anyone have this problem before? Any ideas how to fix? I have not called the dealer yet. This really stinks as we use this little bugger more than all the other tractors we own. This is the busiest time off year for it.

CTD03
09-20-2007, 11:24 AM
did you get it fixed?

i have 4200 rebuild the hydro transmission 3 times

zstroken
09-20-2007, 12:33 PM
Broken shifter fork?? What is the pattern. Years ago I broke a fork on a truck. It had one gear that was ok, but if you went to a few others it did what you said.

JOHNBOY
09-21-2007, 12:45 PM
Broken roll pin in side on the selector shaft. Easy fix other than having to pull the whole side off.

CTD03
09-24-2007, 04:31 PM
I broke shift forks in mine

went threw gears wasnt pretty