PDA

View Full Version : Need help on an '01 Dmax

Gotlift01
06-28-2007, 11:12 AM
My brother has an '01 Dmax, and the other night he was cruising home and the truck just up and died. Full tank of fuel, filter just changed.....truck cranks over but will not fire. We scanned for codes and it threw 10 of them, I don't have them in front of me but they were all codes pointing to high voltage to the injectors, and one to the brain for the fuel injection ( or I think that's what it was ).

Have any of you guys had this problem with your trucks? We are kind of lost on what it could be........thinking about taking it to the dealer to just see if they can tell us what's wrong and go from there. So any help you be appreciated.......I'm a Dodge guy so GM's are a little beyond my knowledge.

Thanks guys!:rockwoot:

EDIT: Forgot to mention that after the truck died, the check engine light came on, and his fuel gauge droped to empty and the fuel light came on too. The truck has a full tank with maybe 50 miles tops on it.

Noreaster
06-28-2007, 02:13 PM
never heard of that Sorry can't help

malibu795
06-28-2007, 02:41 PM
i migh not be allowed to do this but www.dieselplace.com is the largest GM
duramax site on the web with some 55k members and free still
i will bet you some one will know what happend over there
there are some 50-100 or more members form compd over there as well
that is the only reason why i posted DP is the wealth of knowledge readily availble over there pertainig to the Dmax

i would ge the list of codes and post over there and any mods done to the truck as well programmers tranny and what not

good luck hope it works out for you buddy

05_LLY
06-28-2007, 02:48 PM
First i would try swaping out the relay in the under hood panel marked f-pump with another one from under there, maybe the drl relay. had this go bad on mine and caused similar problems. Other than that it sounds like maybe the FICM (fuel injection controle module) took a crap. The FICM is mounted on the Pass side valve cover towards the front of the engine!

Gotlift01
06-28-2007, 04:02 PM
First i would try swaping out the relay in the under hood panel marked f-pump with another one from under there, maybe the drl relay. had this go bad on mine and caused similar problems. Other than that it sounds like maybe the FICM (fuel injection controle module) took a crap. The FICM is mounted on the Pass side valve cover towards the front of the engine!

Ahhh the FICM sounds right, one of the codes that it threw pointed to that. I'm guessing that is not a cheap fix. I'll try the relay's and see what happens, atleast that will rule that one out if it doesn't work! Thanks for the reply..that helped me a lot!