PDA

View Full Version : Diesel Performance Converter Customers: Please Read

syrupdawg
08-18-2011, 07:35 PM
I just want to post this to show contradictions in the warranty issue dates.

Here is a quote from jeff garmon on cummins forum:

To clear the air here for you guys that don't know. The converters in question here are built by Diesel Performance Converters and are built with the lock up clutch too tall. This means if you measure from the pump hub down to the splines comparing to a stock converter or a properly built aftermarket converter you will see the difference. The converter in Italy was not built by DPC and is some other builder of DTT. This warrantee issue for me has been huge! I don't owe any one but the customer on this forum an explanation! Having said that my converter problems are from last sept. thru feb. of 2011. I have had three to five per week for the last several months and will have more for a while. If these forums are meant for any thing it is to help inform of good and sometimes bad parts. Everything is not always fun in this buisness, but the truth is the truth and I am sorry if this offends anyone however I have slammed my own product by posting this! It is no different than choosing a piston for an engine that fails! Its your engine, or your trans that will fail by your choice of parts. I will be the first to admit I can screw things up as good as any one, but i am making them right one at a time!

Now I want to show some dates where swole (who is bashing phil now) was praising Phils converters.

This was posted May 4th, 2011 (not even 3 months ago)
My DPC converter is Awesome !!

Two motors later!! LOL

This quote was posted April 3rd, 2011
As IF there was any reason to go elsewhere for a Converter!!

Now, you'd have to be a complete Dumba$$ to buy anything other than a DPC!!!

Good lookin out Phil!!!

Very Awesome news!!

Obviously there is a contradiction on their part on the dates. I think that if there was a problem then it would have surfaced somewhere before august this year if the problem started in september of LAST year. Swole continued to praise phils converters through May. (which was 3 months after the claimed problem occured) To me that seems like plenty of time for the problem to be identified.

I also want to address the other part of Jeff Garmons post from cummins forum. He stated that the converter in question was NOT a DPC converter.

I just feel like the customers should be able to make their own decision not based on all the mud slinging and the state of panic that this situation has caused.

If you have ANY questions about Phils converters please feel free to give him a call. His number is 770-318-8696. He has the absolute best customer service in the converter industry. Phil runs this company himself and you can be assured that if you buy a converter from DPC it will personally be built by Phil himself. Not to mention that Phil has a LIFETIME WARRANTY (despite the statements of others) on his converters.

Sorry for the long statement I just thought that this information needed to be shared for the past, present, and future customers of Diesel Performance Converters!!!

longhorn859
08-18-2011, 07:42 PM
Agreed...well said Will.

hfarms92
08-18-2011, 07:49 PM
I've got one of phils converters in an 06 dodge that has not caused any problems and has been put through constant hell since it was installed

LAmiller
08-18-2011, 09:45 PM
Phil and DPC have treated me VERY well! I have used DPC converters in all of my transmission builds and have yet to have a failure or any complaint of any kind. His customer service is of the best in the industry and his character shows he's in business for more then a quick buck.

Lavon

hjpcummins
08-23-2011, 04:44 PM
well said!

cummins939
01-25-2012, 08:37 PM
Disagree..

SHughes
01-25-2012, 08:48 PM
Way to bring up old ****. Some threads should die peacefully.

Epically posted via Tapatalk.

duck_04
01-25-2012, 08:52 PM
He's just mad because phil fixed a converter for him under warranty and he had to pay shipping.

cummins939
01-25-2012, 08:53 PM
He's just mad because phil fixed a converter for him under warranty and he had to pay shipping.

do you have a problem with that?

duck_04
01-25-2012, 08:58 PM
did you want him to come put it in for you too?

cummins939
01-25-2012, 09:00 PM
look dude, congrats on his converter working for you. im happy for you i really am because ive done nothing but lose money on this thing and have problems. but its way to competitive of a market to be making mistakes and selling bad converters!

Timebomb
01-25-2012, 09:02 PM
do you have a problem with that?

LOL... They fixed it at no cost, you can pay to ship it. Same goes for about any other part in the world that has a warranty. Like my C4 trans and converter in my street/strip car. Im happy they covered my junk. I was happy to take care of shipping.

duck_04
01-25-2012, 09:03 PM
You had one problem, sent it back, he fixed it, and now you are on the interweb bashing the man? If you cant afford a few dollars to ship a part to get fixed for FREE under warranty, then you should have left your truck stock.

06whitemega
01-25-2012, 09:05 PM
I wish I had one of Phils converters and not the I have. I only met Phil once and he seems like a good guy

cummins939
01-25-2012, 09:07 PM
the input shaft was one beating away from completely ripping the splines out of the converter! and then he says hey ill fix that thing just spend some more money and ill fix it. a refresh or restall cool thats one thing. like i said its not about the money, its the point.

duck_04
01-25-2012, 09:08 PM
LOL

BowtiedCTD
01-25-2012, 09:15 PM
Funny, every trans place I know of makes you pay freight on warranty... Even most clutches too. Heck at work we don't cover freight costs on warranty.

cummins939
01-25-2012, 09:15 PM
that wasnt even the same converter. good job on establishing that my 800 dollar quad disc rev max ebay converter held 50 pound launches and phils didnt hold 20. the high boost launches were due to lavon building a slipping transmission.

cummins939
01-25-2012, 09:17 PM
we could sit behind our computers all day and fight about this. but..ive got other things to do

chipmnk
01-25-2012, 09:17 PM
that wasnt even the same converter. good job on establishing that my 800 dollar quad disc rev max ebay converter held 50 pound launches and phils didnt hold 20. the high boost launches were due to lavon building a slipping transmission.

Really?!?

Shawdrainage
01-25-2012, 09:21 PM
Well I'll speak for Lavon that he builds a great trans. Mine has held up to being extremely overloaded and boost launches at the strip. I have recommended him to some of my close friends for future builds, and I will continue to!

duck_04
01-25-2012, 09:25 PM
http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1543413184113&id=0bbd3b9bcab298a707ff9651c3513e47&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.vitadiscount.com%2fvitaspring s%2fultimate-douche-california-exotic-novelties.jpg

syrupdawg
01-25-2012, 09:27 PM

So its a competition application? And he warrantied it?

joefarmer
01-25-2012, 11:28 PM
Disagree..
You may have forgotten something:
SDX Drags-Reese Hitch Press - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118485)

wrongway
01-25-2012, 11:43 PM
you may have forgotten something:
sdx drags-reese hitch press - competition diesel.com - bringing the best together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118485)

busted!!

morkable
01-26-2012, 12:43 AM
Wow, gotta hate that

01silver bullet
01-26-2012, 01:03 AM
Haha that's good, wonder if cummins939 had a business of his own if he would cover shipping on every converter that has to come back for warranty...I think NOT

Put yourself in his shoes man, think about it..

cummins939
01-26-2012, 07:28 AM
You may have forgotten something:
SDX Drags-Reese Hitch Press - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118485)

Yea. You, Matt, and Chris, Joel are great guys.. Idk what this post was for

dieselracer07
01-26-2012, 10:06 AM
I'm friends with pretty much every party involved in this ongoing dispute. Swole, Jeff, Darren, Phil, etc.... I wish everyone would just bury their hatchets and let it rest. Everyone had some great times together before all this and it would be nice if we could get back to that. What's done is done. Its childish to get online and pull a he said she said stunt. Who cares about the last word. Quit beating a dead horse.

cummins939
01-26-2012, 02:58 PM
looks like we have everything taken care of. Thanks to those who helped.

BFD99
01-26-2012, 04:21 PM
I paid shipping on my trans and converter back to jeff when it was his fault on a bad part that was messed up in the trans. Also paid shipping on two other transmissions back to another builder. Don't feel it's my fault that I live 1000 miles away from my builder, that's my fault not their's.

SHughes
01-26-2012, 06:59 PM
My trans neede some work after sitting for two years...I paid shipping both ways. What else could be expected???

Epically posted via Tapatalk.

DieselWrencher
01-26-2012, 07:35 PM
Dam, I want my chit warrantied after doing 20 or more 20-30psi boosted launches! I don't have to worry, Phil always takes care of us. Always has, and I'm sure always will.

joefarmer
01-26-2012, 11:34 PM
Yea. You, Matt, and Chris, Joel are great guys.. Idk what this post was for

Makin' sure we're on the same page. :rockwoot:

looks like we have everything taken care of. Thanks to those who helped.

Good deal.