PDA

View Full Version : 1650 oliver 59 cummins conversion project

RatPatrol
08-21-2011, 09:37 PM
Has anybody on here done a oliver 1650 or 1750 oliver 59 cummins conversion?? I have a lot of the parts including the hydrapower 3 speed conversion bell needed to do one and am looking for the Oliver/white conversion flywheel and clutch, anybody got one for sale or want to buy my project tractor??

9724VF350
08-22-2011, 09:43 AM
I'll be happy to tell you anything you need to know about it, but looking here might get you started

oliver puller - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117596)
oliver 1850 - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together (http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99054)

RatPatrol
08-22-2011, 12:38 PM
Great link, thanks very much!!!

RatPatrol
08-23-2011, 08:24 PM
So if one has a 1750 diesel with the walkasaw, the rub is one needs the perkins bellhousing to mount on the back of either the 2 or 3 speed hydapower, I think I understand now that the input or output shafts on the hydra powers are different lengths, so one has to make sure he has the correct length shaft for the hydrapower 2 or 3 speed he is going to install in the tractor, I also think one needs a different long pto driveshaft as well to match what hydapower 2 or 3 speed he is running, one thing i never did clear about the 1750 59 conversion, if i try to install the 59 into the tub like it came with the walkasaw i will need to cut out the bottom of the tub to lower the 59 pan enuff to start building??? I also read that if one can find and purchase a 1850 oliver tub you can switch it out between a diesel walksasaw 1750 and get away without torching everything?? Is this correct 97??? My tractor is a basket case i bought just for this onversion, I ordered the bell from a 1850 with a perkins and i can not remember why i was told to get it anymore, been 2 years ago since i started, I also now understand one needs the pto hub matched flywheel to hook up the stock pto again, what was confusing to me is that at one time i thought one could buy either a SAE#2 or SAE#3 bellhousing and bolt it up to the hydra power??? Is there a Agro factory flywheel with that deep recess for sale anywhere used by you??? I sure liked that tech on the 2 different clutches you have used as well, very informative, got all of my info from Yesterdays tractors but its not together enuff to easily copy what others have done, I want to install the 3 speed hydra power but this 1750 had a 2 speed hydapower in it when i got it but it was just a junk core, the tractor came with the 3 speed not the 2 i finally figured out, thanks in advance for any coments links tips part numbers and websites or suppliers, i would like to at least get the tractor hooked up and running so i could sell it for somebody else, i lost my right leg during the build and had to quit for rehab, dang cancer is the devil

9724VF350
08-24-2011, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by RatPatrol
So if one has a 1750 diesel with the walkasaw, the rub is one needs the perkins bellhousing to mount on the back of either the 2 or 3 speed hydapower, I think I understand now that the input or output shafts on the hydra powers are different lengths, so one has to make sure he has the correct length shaft for the hydrapower 2 or 3 speed he is going to install in the tractor, If you are going with a single disk clutch the standard length imput shaft will be correct. I also think one needs a different long pto driveshaft as well to match what hydapower 2 or 3 speed he is running, again, single disk clutch will use the standard length pto shaft. one thing i never did clear about the 1750 59 conversion, if i try to install the 59 into the tub like it came with the walkasaw i will need to cut out the bottom of the tub to lower the 59 pan enuff to start building??? Yes. I also read that if one can find and purchase a 1850 oliver tub you can switch it out between a diesel walksasaw 1750 and get away without torching everything?? Is this correct 97??? Yes. My tractor is a basket case i bought just for this onversion, I ordered the bell from a 1850 with a perkins and i can not remember why i was told to get it anymore, you need the "Clutch housing" (bolts to the front of the 2/3 speed) from a 1850 diesel or several other models and "flywheel housing" (bolts to the back of the engine) for the 5.9 in a SAE 3 with the correct starter location and preferably the bolt bosses on the sides for rear mounts. been 2 years ago since i started, I also now understand one needs the pto hub matched flywheel to hook up the stock pto again, what was confusing to me is that at one time i thought one could buy either a SAE#2 or SAE#3 bellhousing and bolt it up to the hydra power??? Is there a Agro factory flywheel with that deep recess for sale anywhere used by you??? yes, I keep everything here on the shelf. I sure liked that tech on the 2 different clutches you have used as well, very informative, got all of my info from Yesterdays tractors but its not together enuff to easily copy what others have done, I want to install the 3 speed hydra power but this 1750 had a 2 speed hydapower in it when i got it but it was just a junk core, the tractor came with the 3 speed not the 2 i finally figured out, thanks in advance for any coments links tips part numbers and websites or suppliers, i would like to at least get the tractor hooked up and running so i could sell it for somebody else, i lost my right leg during the build and had to quit for rehab, dang cancer is the devil

RatPatrol
08-24-2011, 10:39 AM
Gees, thanks so much, when you confirmed the sae #3 bellhousing that really helped me, there are some of them out there with passanger side starter and tabs like yours, I been looking at one of in a yard down here for a while, how much are the flywheel and pto hub with the stock clutch set up, do you have any motor mounts for sale as well, I have wondered if one could add more discs to the pto if it every became a prob with too much hp, I wontburn up the tractor with overloading it and understand i will not have a governed engine in it but can live with it, was just going to install the 12 valve out of a dodge in it and maybe remove the turbo depending on how much i feel the tractor can take, wonder what the differences in the pto clutch stak #'s discs in the housing, bull gears and transmission is between the 2 tractors 1750 vs 1850?? I have that clutch housing out of a 1850 to use but never did go get the tub for the 1850 perkins that is wrecked down here in a yard, never did like the idea of torching a Oliver in any waylol We used to have 3 dealers down here but they have been gone for 35 years now, such a loss too, they were all good dealerships, thanks again for the info, really liked your website with all of the photos

9724VF350
08-29-2011, 10:32 AM
Gees, thanks so much, when you confirmed the sae #3 bellhousing that really helped me, there are some of them out there with passanger side starter and tabs like yours, I been looking at one of in a yard down here for a while, how much are the flywheel and pto hub with the stock clutch set up, do you have any motor mounts for sale as well, I have wondered if one could add more discs to the pto if it every became a prob with too much hp, I wontburn up the tractor with overloading it and understand i will not have a governed engine in it but can live with it, was just going to install the 12 valve out of a dodge in it and maybe remove the turbo depending on how much i feel the tractor can take, wonder what the differences in the pto clutch stak #'s discs in the housing, bull gears and transmission is between the 2 tractors 1750 vs 1850?? I have that clutch housing out of a 1850 to use but never did go get the tub for the 1850 perkins that is wrecked down here in a yard, never did like the idea of torching a Oliver in any waylol We used to have 3 dealers down here but they have been gone for 35 years now, such a loss too, they were all good dealerships, thanks again for the info, really liked your website with all of the photos

The rear ends and pto's are pretty much the same between the 17 and 18. The later models did use a extra disc though. The stock pto is generally good for 200 hp if it's in good shape and you use it sensibly. It'll be fine with a turboed engine.

ZachLeinenbach
09-13-2011, 05:33 AM
do they make kits to put cummins in about anything? heard of some ih doing that

deerefanatic
10-13-2011, 08:07 AM
Hey, 9724VF350 is probably THE authority on this stuff. P.s. His first name is Brad and his last name happens to match the name of an Agco dealer in Creston Ohio where he also happens to work. ;)

If the price for genuine agco flywheels & clutch are too salty for you, let me know. Peter at Southbend clutch reworked my perkins flywheel and clutch to fit the cummins.

You need the SAE 3 bellhousing with the starter mounted hi on the exhaust side. They're not easy to get. I have a spare, and NO I won't part with it. LOL But, they were used on quite a bit of stationary pump equipment, and several models of Case Backhoe's and Wheel Loaders with the Cummins engine. I had it all written down at one time, now I've lost it. :(

I'd be more than willing to talk to you on the phone of an evening.. PM me and I'll send you my number. I love nothing more than to talk about my Cummins powered Oliver. :D

Oh, Brad, how in the heck do you get an Ollie pto to take 200hp? I burned up a brand new pto clutch pack chopping with the tired out perkins!!

john deere 4430
02-28-2012, 04:53 PM
How are you wanting for your tractor project the way it is right now