PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Mountain area EFILive Training

StarLite Diesel
08-29-2011, 10:51 AM
Hello everyone....

I have already posted in my vendor area about an EFILive training course i'm doing in October at Industrial Injection's shop. It seems that this sub-forum is a better area to post this information since it's EFILive specific.... So I'm reposting the information here:

This class will be held Saturday, October 8th, at the Industrial Injection performance shop located in Murray, UT. Depnding on the amount of interest in the course, the class may be expanded to a 2 day training (2 seperate sessions) to accomodate everyone. The course will be capped at 30 people, so if the 8th fills up we will start one for the 9th as well.

The course will cover the following, and will be a beginner - intermediate level training on diesel tuning of BOTH GM and CUMMINS - so there will be a little bit for everyone:

EFILive Basics - The software
GM Duramax basics, by motor generation (LB7, LLY, etc.)
Cummins basics (currently only the 06-07 5.9s)
Dyno testing tunes created during the course on GM and Cummins trucks
Data Logging, both Cummins and GM

There will be a basic course outline and syllabus provided, but I am encouraging everyone with a laptop to bring it pre-loaded with the EFILive software. Those that don't have one will be able to follow along on the big screen.

We will be providing lunch and drinks, as well as special discounts on products from StarLite Diesel and Industrial Injection both. Just to make things fun at the end, we will also be having a couple of simple contests about what was learned and have some prizes for the winners. I am aiming to make sure that everyone that signs up feels like they've learned something from the class that they needed to know.

This course is intended to give EFILive owners a leg-up on their own trucks and comfort level with using EFILive software.

The cost of the course will be $225 per person and is targeted to be 7 hours excluding lunch. If there is enough out of town interest in the course, I will work on getting a group rate at a close motel/hotel for those of you interested. Please let me know!

If you have questions or suggestions, please let me know. PM me here or email me zach@starlitediesel.com

If you are ready to sign up, you will be able to register and pay here: starlitediesel.com (http://www.starlitediesel.com/EFILive-Training-Class_c6.htm)

Thanks!

StarLite Diesel
08-29-2011, 10:52 AM
also wanted to add this about those considering coming from out of town....

"Just wanted to give everyone a quick heads up for those of you that want to travel here from out of town. Had several emails already about this and where to stay, etc.... So i'll try to answer this for you and the new comers all at once (i'm answering your emails back as well for those that have already sent one)...

I will be getting with the II guys again tomorrow around lunch and will be going over their suggestion for the best place to stay for out of towners (which places close by have shuttles from airport, etc.) as I have not booked at their shop before so they'll know the drill better than I do for where to stay and i'm hoping they can get you a better rate as well for the day/weekend.

I will give an update tomorrow night about this and if all else fails i'll give you the best suggestions I have for you as well as some alternatives.

Thanks for the interest! Looking forward to meeting everyone!
"

StarLite Diesel
08-30-2011, 12:22 AM
For those interested in attending from out of town - The guys at Industrial suggest staying at the La Quinta Inn, which is located at:

7231 South Catalpa St
Midvale, UT 84047
(801) 566-3291

That is within a couple miles of the shop where the class will be held, which is located at:
5919 South 350 West
Murray, Utah 84107

I am speaking with the manager there tomorrow morning about group rates, as well as another hotel located a little further away but that might be a better choice. I'll do my best to get a good rate for those of you coming in.

Thanks again for the interest!

Cummins_Bred
08-30-2011, 09:08 AM
Any chances of future classes in the midwest? Not to derail, but i saw a class had been cancelled in indiana for "lack of interest" but i could have had at least 5 or 6 people interested if we had heard anything about it before the cancellation.

Sorry for my train of thought flying off the tracks

'strokeThis_'07
08-30-2011, 04:06 PM
And there's some good eats by the shop as well...Olive Garden, TGIFridays I think it is, there's another that's escaping me right now, plus Cafe Rio is fairly close with some bada$$ burritos:woohoo:

Are you wanting us to have EFILive or a VIN license to attend Zach?

StarLite Diesel
08-30-2011, 10:55 PM
Any chances of future classes in the midwest? Not to derail, but i saw a class had been cancelled in indiana for "lack of interest" but i could have had at least 5 or 6 people interested if we had heard anything about it before the cancellation.

Sorry for my train of thought flying off the tracks

I'm definitely open to holding other classes. I've had a lot of interest from different shops (customers) all over and been getting gently nudged by some other parties to finally put one on - so here it is! I am excited about this and doing everything I can to make sure that people will leave feeling like they really gained something usable that can make the difference.

If you're interested in having a class taught out that way, and have a location in mind for it, PM me or email me (zach@starlitediesel.com) so we can discuss it further!

Thanks for the interest! Let me know what I can do!!

-->Zach

StarLite Diesel
08-30-2011, 11:01 PM
And there's some good eats by the shop as well...Olive Garden, TGIFridays I think it is, there's another that's escaping me right now, plus Cafe Rio is fairly close with some bada$$ burritos:woohoo:

Are you wanting us to have EFILive or a VIN license to attend Zach?

VERY good food within a short drive (5 minutes or less). We will be providing lunch at the shop for everyone in attendance though, so hopefully nobody is starving before we're done. I say we pick a place for drinks afterwards! LOL

As for your EFILive question. It doesn't matter too much if you have EFILive or a laptop. Mostly i'm trying to be prepared for what people are showing up with at the class (planning table space, etc.). It would be helpful to your learning to have a laptop and EFILive, but definitely NOT required to attend. Enough people signed up already that i'm sure watching on someone's screen sitting next to you probably won't be an issue... but nothing like 'hands on' to really get things to sink in :-)

Anyways... if you're planning to attend, please sign up through my website here (http://www.starlitediesel.com/EFILive-Training-at-Industrial-Injection-October-8th-EFITRAIN8.htm) It sounds like one of the shops in Canada is going to be bringing 8-10 people alone, so spots are going quick! Might still end up with a Sunday class as well - but we will wait to see what comes of it...

-->Zach

StarLite Diesel
08-31-2011, 06:49 PM
Hey guys - looking like for hotels that there just aren't going to be any within a close distance of the class that will provide shuttle service from the airport. The La Quinta Inn is about the best place I can tell you within a short distance of the shop - none of my calling and tryign to work out deals with other hotels has panned out.
I've tried! If anyone has other suggestions about where to stay close to the Industrial Shop, let us know! Got several people coming from out of town but apparently not enough for any of the hotels with shuttles to consider discounts....

Again, if anyone has other suggestions for me let me know! I'll do what i can to try and be helpful....

StarLite Diesel
09-05-2011, 10:58 PM
We've got this class about half filled up already!

I have been getting asked another commons question so wanted to try and answer it here for all those looking....

"Do we need to bring a laptop or own EFILive?"...

The answer is no. It will be helpful as we go through the class, but everything being taught will be in a manual you receive when you show up to the class as well as seen throughout the duration of the class... I'll have a either a projector or a big screen (haven't decided which way we're going to do this yet) so that everything happening can be seen for everyone attending.

Any other questions, let me know!

StarLite Diesel
09-08-2011, 11:34 PM
Just giving the thread a bump... seems to have trickled down a ways. Have 14 spots left currently.... Any questions about the class let me know!

zach@starlitediesel.com

wyofreeride
09-26-2011, 05:59 PM
Are there any spaces still available?

wyofreeride
09-26-2011, 06:03 PM
Also, If we don't have a FlashScan V2, will there be any available at the class to use or will we be watching the big screen if we don't have one?

How about to purchase before or after when we get there?

StarLite Diesel
09-26-2011, 07:23 PM
There are 8 spaces left in the class as of today. You can still sign up on my website if you wish to register for the class. That is how i'm reserving spots is by those that register through the site.

As for the FlashScan V2 - if you don't have one - we will have a 'shop' V2 to plug into your laptop long enough to get you going with the class and to follow along. There will also be FlashScans for sale at the class if you're wanting one and don't have one prior. Industrial will be offering some promotional pricing on some of their other stuff during the class as well, but I don't have all the details on that part for you...

Anyways - let me know if you have other questions!

StarLite Diesel
10-04-2011, 10:44 PM
We are getting close! 5 days away from the class!!

We are getting everything lined up to make this an excellent class. Been working hard on getting the materials prepared and finally seeing some light at the end of the tunnel.

I have a couple spots left if there are any last minute people that want to attend better hurry and claim your spot! We have people coming from all over the country and even some from Canada making the trip down even though it is their Thanksgiving Holiday up there. Very excited to meet everyone!

If anyone considering this class has any questions for me - ask away!

wyofreeride
10-09-2011, 10:27 AM
Thanks Zach for an awesome class. Impatiently waiting for the 6.7 stuff now. Learned a ton and was amazed at how fast you can build HP with EFILive in the hands of an experienced tuner.

Now I just need some tinkering time to get good and digest all the information.

Sent from my rooted Droid using Tapatalk

StarLite Diesel
10-09-2011, 10:30 AM
Thanks Zach for an awesome class. Impatiently waiting for the 6.7 stuff now. Learned a ton and was amazed at how fast you can build HP with EFILive in the hands of an experienced tuner.

Now I just need some tinkering time to get good and digest all the information.

Sent from my rooted Droid using Tapatalk

You're welcome Joe! I'm glad you made it and wanted to let you know i'm excited for the 6.7 stuff too! We are in the beta testing stage right now (very begininng) but wanted you to know we are well on our way with it!

To all who attended the class (ended up with a full class!) wanted to say thank you again for your time and I hope those of you who had such a long journey to make, make it home safely!

jordanjames81
10-09-2011, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the class Zac, enjoyed it. If you plan to have another class id be enterested in coming bsck for more. Look foward to working with you on some more projects.

cafryer
10-11-2011, 11:55 AM
Thanks Zach the class was a huge help i would definitely come back for a advanced class.

Thanks Chavis.

wyofreeride
10-12-2011, 09:14 AM
+1 on an advanced class, as long as the 6.7 stuff is out before you put it on. -Joe