Heater Hose Routing needed

OnVacation

Working on finishing up getting the truck back on the road. I'm looking for the correct routing for the heater lines. Currently mine is running through multiple 90 degree bends and hacked together. can someone please send me a picture of where the heater lines go into the engine? I googled and searched, and I know the information is out there, I just can't find it...

picture.php

This is how the heater is currently routed. Is this correct? Is there a reason for the heater to tap into the radiator line? I'd rather put a plug in the radiator line and run the heater line straight to the cab. Eliminates multiple leak points, and keeps me from having to run the heater lines an extra three feet...

Thanks guys.

Really, no one can help me out on this? I'm pulling the hose tomorrow and rerouting them unless someone tells me to stop...

On the fire wall where the waterlines go in the one on the right goes to the top in your picture and the one on the left goes to the bottom

On the fire wall where the waterlines go in the one on the right goes to the top in your picture and the one on the left goes to the bottom

Right and left doesn't really matter much on the heater core, its just a heat exchanger. What I'm getting at is one of the lines goes from the engine straight to the heater core (out the top of the engine), the other is coming out of the engine, then essentially is t'd into the radiator hose, then goes back up. Seems to me like I should be able to plug one or the other of these: Either where it t's into the lower radiator line and run the heater line to the top outlet in the picture, or plug the top one in the picture and run it straight to the lower radiator line.

I don't think its supposed to be run like it is.

if i wasn't clear before, the other line is ran normally, this is just a single line. I'll get some more pictures in the morning if thats not clear

Mine go to the front of the motor. On to the bottom fitting in your picture and one to the T stat housing. I'll take pictures first thing in the morning. I don't know how to load pics on here, but msg me an email or a phone number and ill text you the pictures.

Jay

That engine was for a auto trans right it had a tranny cooler under the exhaust manifold which was probably deleted and that's the reason for all the 90* and the hoses.

Put a pipe plug in the top one and just put a 90* on the radiator hose housing instead of 2 nipples coming out make one.

Back