PDA

View Full Version : mild mods

50stangpower
07-10-2007, 04:35 PM
looking to put a exhaust and tuner on... new to the gm stuff... ive talked to a couple vendors on here and just wondering some other ideas.

this truck is a dd and tows small/med amounts sometimes. looking for better gas millage and some more towing power. also do not want a loud exhaust(mainly want one to lower egts)

so far ive heard theres a mod you can do to the stock intake...
basanni has an actual muffler so it doesnt get very loud
and programmer ppe street

any further advice or is this a good combo?

also i would only need boost and egt gauge?

thanks ahead of time
brandon

smoken5.7olds
07-10-2007, 08:44 PM
flowmaster

50stangpower
07-10-2007, 09:02 PM
this isnt my 92 stang here!

Dieselson
07-10-2007, 11:39 PM
If you have an LBZ, get the Basani 4" Exhaust, and PPE Economy

50stangpower
07-11-2007, 03:56 PM
its a lbz who should i deal with?

TIM Z
08-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Honestly I would get an MBRP kit, very nice, good quality. Get the cat delete pipe and muffler delete, you'll love it! Quiet and not obnoxiuos when just easing around/cruising. But step on it and hear her roar! Sounds like a jet ! For programmer if your not into racing and just want good power for towing and some MPG get a hypetech. Very safe and great for the $. If you want power get a PPE but your gonna need a built trans eventually and lift pumps with it. Good luck.

Scooter's Roofing
07-18-2008, 12:16 AM
If you have an LBZ, get the Basani 4" Exhaust, and PPE Economy

is the PPE Economy a tune on their programmer or a seperate, less expensive module?

06duramaxlbz
08-04-2008, 06:25 PM
PPE is a downloader and you will only need trans/liftpump if you crank it up to the higher levels. Very efficient tune, I saw a solid 3-4mpg on mine. MBRP 5" turbo back is the exhaust im running. Cat delete with the muffler in it is very tame, barely noticeable in the interior. Good product, installs in about an hour as long as your stock system comes out nicely. www.pacificp.com for the ppe air box mod. There is a pdf file that you can save to your computer for future reference. Noticeable power increase, throttle response and fuel economy also improved.

kmkdiesel
08-04-2008, 06:37 PM
diamond eye makes a good cheap 4" kit turbo back with a muffler I have sold several of those also I would say the ppe also kit just the normal exelarator and if you want more power after words you can update all the way to hot+2 et which is a wild tune

JD4440
08-18-2008, 07:39 PM
mbrp exhaust and the PPE standard. the economy can't be upgraded in the future I don't believe

RPM Motorsports
09-28-2008, 10:03 PM
If it's an LBZ, have no worry's about making it loud. I think that they (LBZ's) are the quietest of all the diesel's. I've got 3' total exhaust with a turn down under the rear pass. side door. It's straight piped, and quiet @ idle but screams like a jet when you nail it! I had a PPE Hot ET2 to start out with, but changed to EFI Live. The PPE was great but I out grew it. I like EFI Live because I can Log/record all paramiters and troubleshoot the truck in real time. Most EFI vendors can set you up with a free tune for towing etc. You can also tune multiple GM vehicles with a Bosh ECM (IE Vette, Impala, Camaro etc).

JD4440
10-03-2008, 11:01 PM
tune any LS series engine and Duramax with EFI. Like RPM said. gas trucks/ cars/ ect.