Key Fob works randomly with truck running

Cummins_Bred

Cummins R&D Tech
Ok so keyless entry for 07 Dodge, works alright when truck is off. Well my drive to work is short, and sometimes i just need to run inside to grab something quickly. Well my Edge Juice w/ Att. turbo timer keeps it running, so i pull the key to lock it before i go into work or wherever. Noticed at first i had to use the door switch to lock it, then a few times the fob has worked with the truck running. But it takes a random number of button presses to actually work. sometimes two presses gets it, others i'll have to press it two dozen times, and still doesn't work. Any ideas?

Change the battery first and see if that helps. I had a similar issue and mine was the battery getting low.

Put in brand new energizer battery, helped the range, didn't do anything for how often it works when the truck is running. Anybody else have any ideas?

Hmm, it might have to do with the sim of the key being the one that has the truck running and a security feature. Have you tried to use your other key and see if it has the same problem, or start it with the other one and see if this one still has trouble locking it?

Other key didn't seem to do much. I have a new "ritual" that appears to work. Key off, key out, unlock twice (usually works the second time), if it doesn't work, open the door try again, and if it didn't work before opening the door it seems to right after you open it, then lock it and walk away. Only had it not work once since i figured this "ritual" out

Back