what parts do i need for nv4500 swap

dipapadakis

hey guys found a 2wd cummins with an nv4500 i have a 4x4 auto what parts do i need to get off that truck will i need a tailshaft off a 4x4 nv4500 for the transfer case to bolt up to it? thanks

Did a nv4500 swap on a 97 single cab-long bed this summer but had the matching donor truck. Was a one night swap. I would suggest finding a matching set-up, but if not then ya, swap tailhousing and such.

get the Donor truck, sell all left over parts not used, and will be cheaper and easier. Just buy parts will nickel and dime ya to death.. I not sure whay year your talkin or reg cab, ext, or quad. But Drive shafts may be issue as well. may have to cut and or make longer. Dont forget about your clutch pedal, and small brake pedal, also all the intterior pieces as well. shifter boot, plastic etc...

yea thats my plan. theres a 2wd im thinking about as far as transfer case and tc linkage if i get the tailshaft and mainshaft for the trans will my transfercase bolt right up and linkage work? is the bolt pattern any different on the tc's equiped with sticks from the factory? thanks

Back