PDA

View Full Version : When do you flip your T/C Lock Up?

Pangela
07-15-2007, 03:38 PM
Is there some theory on when you guys flip your lock up switch?
Is it at a certain RPM's? Or a certain gear? Or a certain boost?

I was reading something somewhere about when you dyno a truck and it shows the Torque curve (I think that's the correct wording) and the HP and RPM's and how it does matter when you flip this switch to get the most added benefit from it.

Then again, I may be over analyzing this (I've been known to do that before LOL), but just curious as to whether there's an actual method to this madness.

Thanks,
Ang

Pangela
07-16-2007, 09:03 AM
Ok lol well I guess I'll just flip it when the urge hits me!

Bobcat698
07-16-2007, 10:06 AM
I lock mine up in 2nd gear once the tach pegs 4k in 2nd gear.

Pangela
07-16-2007, 12:22 PM
I guess it's gonna be different depending on the truck and how it's geared, but just thought I'd ask around.

Cummins Driver
07-17-2007, 07:15 PM
I guess it's gonna be different depending on the truck and how it's geared, but just thought I'd ask around.

I have similar mods to you with 3:55 gearing, and when I pull, just as soon as the truck hits 2nd gear, I lock it up:rockwoot: Works well for me. I have a video if you wanna see it. With a stock turbo, once it is spooled, I dont think you will kill it out, so mat it in 1st, then right when it shifts, lock her up

Eric

imelmo
07-17-2007, 07:59 PM
Not sure if it's the same for the Dodges, but on the Ford's I imagine it's gonna depend a fair bit on how loose or tight the converter is.