PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a 2.8 bushing.

Blackbumper
07-17-2007, 12:33 PM
We are helping our local county fair this year and one of the rules for the diesel class is a 2.8 or less charger size. From what I've read they check that with a 2.85 bushing or plug does anyone have a picture of one or a description so we can have our machine shop make one.
Thanks

JOHNBOY
07-17-2007, 01:41 PM
Bushing goes in the compressor air side. That is some thing that is different for each turbo and is the driver responsibilty.

A plug is used to check the bushing or the compressor housing inlet. (i.e. inducer). Not much to it really. Any machine shop should be able to turn you a checking plug. I can make you one. I sure you could find someone closer than me. I will be more than happy to help you though if you can't find anyone.

Blackbumper
07-17-2007, 02:32 PM
I tried to edit out the "bushing" and put plug but it was to late. How long does the plug have to be? 2" 3" etc. Thanks for the offer but I already talked to a local guy and he said no problem. Thanks

joefarmer
07-17-2007, 03:46 PM
Think of an over-sized wine bottle cork or a old-school sink stopper shape. Any length should do as long as you can hold it up to the turbo housing and make so the 2.85" plug doesn't go through.