2003 VW TDI Jetta $6500

its a 5 speed.

car is loaded with all the bells and whistles too.

the truck costs me from 400 to 500 to commute to and from work and whatever it is i get into on the weekend, looking to cut my expenses even more

Last edited:
Buy it, your fuel costs will be cut by 3/4 or better. Check for timing belt service and intake cleaning, beyond that they are pretty reliable.

Gentlemen,
I appreciate the advice!
Thanks!

I"m going to go look at the car either tonight or saturday. I've been looking at TDI VWs since i sold my SRT8 back in July.

This particular car is from Georgia, 156K makes me roll my eyes a little but it is what it is. I just need something to go from point A to point B monday through friday and wont rip my asshole on fuel.

The dodge being from 400 to 500 a month on fuel is a steep, if i can cut that expense and have a 2nd auto so i'm not up **** creek when something breaks then i'm better off.

Damn, unless they have dropped in price, that is a rippin' deal! I bought my 2000 TDI about 3.5 years ago, paid $10,000 for it with 135k on it. It was due for a timing belt, so I did that right away, then added a tuner which in turn necessitated a heavier clutch. Now at 183k miles and going strong.

Roid- was the rolling eyes comment for the mileage or the "from Georgia" thing?

lol

Not at all, i would perfer to buy a car from the south since it has seen less snow and road salt resulting in less oxidation of parts.

All the cars my father and I restored were from georgia

I was rolling my eyes at the mileage.

I got at the dealership saturday at 2:30 and they sold the car at 2:00; oh well.

Last edited:
Is there a reason you guys don't like the autos? Other then they aren't as much fun. I found an 01 Golf with 160k on it for 7k at a dealer. I'll haggle it down a bit of course (I really haven't seen any golfs anywhere near that price around here, and I don't want a Jetta). But I just wanted to make sure the auto wasn't a problem child.. I drive a lifted Jeep 120 miles a day. I need something better on fuel badly..

Jeff, sock away around $4k for a factory reman or look up Import Performance Transmission. They have been working on making the early non DSG autos more durable but they are $5k.

Sent from my rooted Velocity Ally

Is there a reason you guys don't like the autos? Other then they aren't as much fun. I found an 01 Golf with 160k on it for 7k at a dealer. I'll haggle it down a bit of course (I really haven't seen any golfs anywhere near that price around here, and I don't want a Jetta). But I just wanted to make sure the auto wasn't a problem child.. I drive a lifted Jeep 120 miles a day. I need something better on fuel badly..

The tranny in that car is a major POS. But I would still buy it.

Not if, but when that auto goes south you can swap in a manual for waaaay less than the cost of a rebuilt factory unit, sometimes less than the cost of a junkyard tranny. The best part? It's really, really easy to do.

I guess I will have to call the dealership back then. I kinda blew em off when everyone said it was crap. lol.

Back