EFILive software update - Jan 6 2012 5.9L, 6.7L

EFI Support

Comp Diesel Sponsor
EFILive is please to advise that our newest software release, Release Candidate 8. Jan 06, 2012 is now available for download.

NOTE: This software remains in Release Candidate status, and will only be made into a Public release once we are happy with functionality and stability of the release.

Enhancements available in this download include:

06-07 5.9L Cummins
  • Fixed CMB checksum issue caused by "box tuners" not returning controllers to stock (please refer to new pdf guide for more info).
  • Changing the VIN in the V7 software on the main calibrations page now also changes the VIN in the *.ctz files' meta data area. (Eliminates the need to change the VIN in the scan tool after Flashing, and the subsequent codes thrown in other modules when vehicle started with VIN mismatch)
  • The Cummins fuel timing calculator now displays a brief help message explaining the use and purpose of the calculator.
  • Added a new Cummins 'ECM Reference notes' PDF in the Help->Tutorial menus. Please take the time to read this
  • Added CMB OS 11700101

07-09 6.7L Cummins
  • Added CMC OS 11520902 , 11610805 & 11720505
  • Added pilot injection timing tables for all CMC OS's.
  • Changed CMC read script for 11min read time.
  • Added a new Cummins 'ECM Reference notes' PDF in the Help->Tutorial menus. Please take the time to read this

There are MANY other changes in this release, I've just listed the key Cummins changes for you all.

The download, and full release notes can be found here: Release Candidate 8, Jan 06, 2012

Cheers
Cindy

The P0601 is the only code I've got left and can't get rid of it, even when doing the checksum updater... help?

Ross thinks he's found a fix to your P0601 issue. It looks identical to the issues we've just corrected in the 5.9L for the Checksum Calculation routines.

We'll have a file for you to test in the next 30 mins or so. If that works, we'll add the feature to our next release. (The checksum calculation feature in RC8 is only for 5.9L)

Cheers
Cindy

It worked Cindy, I'm officially free of check engine lights and error messages! I don't think that's too shabby for owning EFI for 48 hours!!!! Thank you!

times 3 on the p0601 code. I switched to a manual file and am now getting it. My shifting went back to normal. No more stutter or delay. Shifts right on beat now...

EfiLive is the best thing I have ever done to my truck.hands down.......no question. Zach@Starlight Diesel is a bad ass.you guys are lucky to have him!

Last edited:
601 code fix for the 6.7 trucks will be in the next release.

Right now it's just the 5.9 that can be fixed for the 602 code they have.

It worked Cindy, I'm officially free of check engine lights and error messages! I don't think that's too shabby for owning EFI for 48 hours!!!! Thank you!

these guys are really on the ball huh? super impressive:Cheer:

All 6.7L customers who return their vehicles to stock or retune their vehicle based off that stock file will get a P0601.

5.9L customers, your fix is available in RC8. To use the checksum repair feature, you need to plug in your FlashScan V2, then open our V7 software. This feature is treated like a custom OS, and requires the V2 to be present.

For 6.7L customers, it's going to take us a couple of days to get the software developed for the beta testers to be able to test and start assisting customers in 'repairing their files'. The fix will be available in our next release.

As a short term measure I will fix your files. You need to email me your tune file to cindy at efilive dot com.

Cheers
Cindy

these guys are really on the ball huh? super impressive:Cheer:

I would say that's an understatement. Zach sent my tune to Ross to fix earlier and I got it back 30 min's later. I'm beyond impressed. Its saturday for crying out loud.

Both parts, Zach and Cindy/Ross and their bunch.

I would say that's an understatement. Zach sent my tune to Ross to fix earlier and I got it back 30 min's later. I'm beyond impressed. Its saturday for crying out loud.

Both parts, Zach and Cindy/Ross and their bunch.
Actually it's Sunday Dave. You would have got your file sooner, but at 7.30 in the morning it's always best to let Ross have a coffee before he starts messing with files!

Nice to have a tuning company give such great support and really focus on getting problems fixed!
Thank you very much for saying that. It's nice to hear nice things. Believe me it would of been far easier to say - 'your old tuner caused the problem, get them to fix it.' but that doesn't really help out our new customers does it?

Cheers
Cindy

On the 5.9 any chance of enabling the manual High Idle with the Cruise button's like the Smarty? I really miss that feature in the winter.

On the 5.9 any chance of enabling the manual High Idle with the Cruise button's like the Smarty? I really miss that feature in the winter.

One of my tasks over the next couple of weeks is to update the feature request list and see if we can start to work out what we can/can't do and prioritize the list.

Cheers
Cindy

Back