3rd Gen Dodge Headlight Questions

Mudbuster87

I ordered a set of the black projector headlights from a company on ebay. Got them and they are absolute crap. So I was wondering what some of you guys have went with to get a black headlight that is functional. I don't care if it is a projector or not. I just want something that looks good and functions properly. This garbage I have on my truck now doesn't have any way to be adjusted. :doh:

You know, they are great looking other than that long orange bar at the bottom. And I am not brave enough to cut epoxy and take lens off to modify. May be the first to try it though. At least I would have a pair of donor lights for halo's and led's.

You know, the E bay Lights are ok, but their lighting quality is just horrible!!!!!

I do like the LED turn signals and running lights. Ive always wanted to Run a set of those projectors with some HID's but I dont know how they will hold up. For right now I have HID's in the stock housing, but I know it is not the best set up out there......

I pulled mine apart and just painted them.

IMG_2561.jpg

I plan to do what speedshift did, except leaving both reflectors unpainted OR retrofitting projectors for HID's in

If you put them in the oven they will come right apart...make sure to turn oven off when you put them in.

I put 55 watt hids in an ebay projector housing. Housing had to be modified but once they accepted the hid socket they were fine. I got the hid socket with a solenoid so I have high and low beams. I was worried about melting the plastic projector lens but it never did. It was time consuming and a pita but the hids are the way to go for sure. Got all of my stuff through ddm tuning. Shipped directly from china lol. Just make sure you get a digital ballast, they are more durable I have heard.

I put 55 watt hids in an ebay projector housing. Housing had to be modified but once they accepted the hid socket they were fine. I got the hid socket with a solenoid so I have high and low beams. I was worried about melting the plastic projector lens but it never did. It was time consuming and a pita but the hids are the way to go for sure. Got all of my stuff through ddm tuning. Shipped directly from china lol. Just make sure you get a digital ballast, they are more durable I have heard.

Its good to hear this stuff is working!!! But I am just planning to get (another) HID kit but with an H1 bulb that will (should) just drop into the aftermarket housings. But get the H1's with High/Low in the projector....should be one brite Low beam set up!!!!

Too bad my pass. side housing is broken and cant find anywere to just but the parts to fix the other one or just the one side!

Test - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Ebay specials with Hids in them, and I changed out the little lights to white led bulbs from retro solutions. The housings and hids have been in the truck for 3 years now and still holding up.

Now that looks slick! Glad its holding up. Im not sure why it shouldnt and some people get all bent out of shape about it. The E Bay cheepo's are exactly the same inside materal as the stockers and HID's are supposed to run cooler......Just havent pulled the trigger because I havent seen too many people doing it to give openions.....until this thread!

Back