Full Traction Coilover setup.....?

sredish

Where am I?
DC brought this to my attention a few weeks ago and I haven't been able to get it out of my head. Anyone out there have any info and/or experience with this kit, ride quality of some coilover shocks and anything to do with coilover SD setups or anything?

How much travel are you going to be able to run? How much lift will it work for? They're calling it an 8" lift and that's probably all that I'd want.

Attachments

• FTCoilover.jpg
    FTCoilover.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 55
wonder if you could have King setup some shocks for you then later on add the coil spring when/if you buy the 4-link conversion kit......

also, wonder how the ride quality is with my 4" Deaver leaf springs and Donahoe shocks compared to the Deavers and King shocks...

Possibly.....
King uses smooth bodies for the shocks and threaded (of course) for the coilovers. So, it might be possible to have them make shocks using threaded bodies. That way when/if you go to coilovers you'd just have to get the springs, collars, and possibly have them revalved....

I'm not sure on the ride quality difference between a single DR and single King running the same springs....
DR has valved their shocks specifically for the SD to run in a single application. King's are also custom valved and through their experience can valve them to the truck and more or less for your needs.
I would imagine their wouldn't be a night and day difference in ride between the two??

I'm happy with the DRs, Bear Hunter is happy with his Kings.. The only reason I would go to Kings is because they look cool and I would get the 2.5s so they would be bigger... LOL

On a related note, the Kings aren't supposed to be too difficult to pull apart and revalve if you wanted to dial them in perfect for you needs.

This web site stresses me out....First I want to order my injectors,turbo and intercooler next I want a 10.5 Donhoe now I want a 8" full traction.....Its no wonder I cant sleep. How can anyone sleep with all these idea's:bang

I like it. I'm sure it improves the ride. That truck that is linked above looks really sharp. They need to come out with something like that for a Dodge.

Yeah....I've been eyeing that Full Traction coilover conversion since I was saw pics after SEMA in November........

I might actually decide to drop the coin on it one of these days....still can't really justify the money though..

You know, I was at SEMA and I missed that one friggin product. I saw Fabtech's and every other thing there, but somehow missed the Full Traction booth. Must've been the girls that were across the aisle....

Back