PDA

View Full Version : What sound equipment to buy?

destroked 99
02-03-2012, 11:32 AM
Looking to put together a decent sound system for my 99 superduty. I have limited space since it is a regular cab. I have 40/20/40 seats so subs will have to go behind the seat.
I have a pioneer avic D3 headunit, and cheapo 6x8 pioneer door and rear speakers. Im not as savy on brands and such as some of you are, and would sure appreciate some advice.
I listen to mostly rock, country, and a little rap. I want something that sounds good, and will hit the lows deacent.
Not looking to spend an ungodly amount on it but will pay for good equipment.
Thanks!!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

02HO4X4
02-03-2012, 11:35 AM
Focal compents.

destroked 99
02-03-2012, 11:48 AM
What about subs and amp? I know focal makes some kick@#s stuff, what about alpines stuff for door speakers and such?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Cummin4eva
03-03-2012, 12:33 PM
Check out Memphis Audio... amazing sound quality!! :rockwoot:

UNBROKEN
03-03-2012, 03:50 PM
Check out Memphis Audio... amazing sound quality!! :rockwoot:

LOL....ok

UNBROKEN
03-03-2012, 03:57 PM
I'm sure you don't wanna spend a fortune, nobody does.
I'd start if you don't have one already with a solid 4 or 5 channel amp for space issues.
With a 4 channel you can run the door speakers off the front and bridge the rear to a sub.
Honestly...I'd start looking on Craigslist. A JL Audio Slash 300/4 would work fine and in that cab you really don't need rear speakers. Concentrate on the fronts and a sub.
If your current speakers are running off the head unit, put an amp on them before you swap them out because once you add a sub and tune the system you won't be playing those full range anymore and they'll likely clean up a lot. Your sub will handle everything from ~70-80hz down.
If you're dead set on keeping the rear speakers, look for a 5 channel amp and you'll have channels for front and rear speakers plus a mono channel for the sub.
As for the sub...shop for a nice shallow mount (flat) 12" sub. You'll be able to mount it on one side of the cab and the amp on the other.

Again...keep your current speakers till you amp them. If you don't like them after then look into upgrading.

VvvJRvvV
03-03-2012, 08:01 PM
I have been out of the audio world for quite some time. I was looking at the 10" shallow mount from Pioneer. Has anyone used these?

Thanks,
JR