PDA

View Full Version : I am HOOKED!!

oldestof11
07-26-2007, 10:18 PM
Went to my first pull tonight. Pulled twice as I picked the first slot. My first pull I went 190.8 feet. The second I pulled 192.8 Not bad for a stock clutch and road tires. WOOHOO! I need a new clutch setup, tires and weight! I weighed at 6190# with 3/4 tank of diesel. The clutch might be a little worn now. I slipped it pretty good the first time. I put'er in 4lo 2nd gear. The first time I gave it about half throttle (1700-1900 rpm's. I do not have a tach) and slowly let'er out. Whew! She didn't smoke but sure did smell. I was surpirsed how fast the truck slowed down. It felt like I hit a wall. The second time I lowered the front tire pressure (the tires are almost bald) and gave it about 1200-1500 rpm's but I did a different technique. When I pulled a buddy of mine out, I slowly let out the clutch until I felt it tighten up, then I dumped it. I did the same with the sled. The truck almost died! It rattled and shook bad enough I had my foot on the clutch about ready to push'er in. The n she caught and started down the track. It felt like the tires were hooked to the ground and I was moving in slow motion. Then I heard my turbo spool and then I knew why I was moving slow. I didn't spool the turbo before the second pull. I actually heard my turbo spool to life louder than ever before. So as I was driving home talking to my bro's who went with me, they said that a 24v Cummins with stacks blacked out the Mechanical Mule sled. My smoke went straight up and over the sled until the turbo spooled. What was funny though was the announcer. He said, "Now here is Jon back for his second and final pull. Here he goes! There's the smoke coming. Wait for the charger, just wait. There it is folk's, look at him pull. That charger pumps in alot of power to that Cummins diesel."

I am hooked, can't ya tell?:woohoo:

Logan
07-27-2007, 03:44 AM
Fun huh, I did my first pull this past weekend too. Now I have to spend more money :bang LOL

oldestof11
07-27-2007, 05:19 AM
Yeah, I need more money to make my truck better so I can pull with the big guys.

What was funny was there was 1 Ford with a 6.0. HE got to the 223 foot mark and just stopped. No tire spin or smoke but the engine was revving away:bang

C'ya
07-27-2007, 09:02 AM
I am HOOKED!!
Know how you feel- Hooked for the first time a few weeks ago and got fifth place now I can't get enough of it! Pullin at Marysville tonite- can't wait to see how it does with traction bars. Someone told me after last pull my rear tires were almost hittn the fender :badidea: so figured it was high time to build some! Its like my buddy told me- you can't do it just once!