PDA

View Full Version : 7.3 rebuild

Cloverleaffarm
03-06-2012, 10:16 PM
What would it cost for you guys to rebuild an E99 7.3 ? i got one on engine stand thats going to be built for a workstock pulling motor

2000_fummins
03-07-2012, 06:50 AM
Depends on rebuild. Why are you rebuilding?

Cloverleaffarm
03-07-2012, 11:47 AM
because i bought the motor used with 170K on it, not knowing the past history of the truck life, i'd prefer to start with a good and strong foundation before i begin to add fuel and hp to the motor incase there could be some kind of internal weak part that could cause more damage once i get the top end built.
I will be doing a compression test soon, just to make sure the numbers check out ok. The most hp i'm going to have is 550, but i'm going to be working with the truck 7 days a week on our farm, so i need to make sure its going to hold up to the demands.
The rebuild may not be necesary, but since it's out and easy to access, i'd rather spend the money before i just throw parts at it in hopes it holds

GRotman
03-07-2012, 12:02 PM
I'm not sure Fleece does any 7.3 work.

Goose
03-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Where are you located?

Cloverleaffarm
03-07-2012, 12:10 PM
i posted this up on their page because i've seen another 7.3 around my area back at home that had their decal on it, so i assumed they may do something.

I'm located in East Central Illinois. about 60 miles West of Indianapolis. area code 61870.

2000_fummins
03-07-2012, 12:16 PM
550hp isn't cheep to do with a powerstroke. You may have gotten lucky and have forged rods instead of PMr being a 99. I would still look though. Obviously you need more fuel and air to make your goal. I would also look into tranny upgrades to. Price all depends how wild you want to get.

Cloverleaffarm
03-07-2012, 12:26 PM
550 isn't cheap, unless your able to do most of the work yourself. And that's what i'm going to do.
I just would prefer to have a shop to a rebuild kit, then i can install everything else i need from there.
I already checked, i'm 100% positive i have forged.
Fuel kit/injectors are already picked out and ready to be bought. just need to get the block done, then i'll be ready for that step.
Turbo setup is already on my current motor, just need to add a waste-gate and more fuel and it can be fully utilized.
Tranny is already done, so thats not a concern.
trying to keep the total price down as much as i can. doing a little at a time, while the money comes in. Taking my time to build it 1 time the right way. without having to half-ass anything just to save a buck or 2