Fuel pumps burning up

lilredpowerstroke

Ballin' on a budget
I need some major help. I have burned up four pumps replaced the sending unit twice and put a new set of fuel lines. The parts replacer at the stealership cant figure out what is going on. The first three pumps were ford pumps and the last one was an airtex. I had the regulator shimmed till the second pump went out then I put it back to stock. I have stage 2 stick from Casserly. I thought maybe the sticks wanted to much fuel so I had a Fass 150/150 put on and the pump still burned up. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The tank has been dropped twice with no gunk or junk found. The fuel lines have been totally replaced so I dont think they are the problem.

not saying this is your problem, but when i used to work at lexus, had a gs400 do the same thing.. and replacing the fuel pump wasnt all that fun. ended up checking all connections, ground points and replacing both the fuel pump relay and fuse. that took care of it. also, had a sc400. body shop damaged the wiring... it kept going thru pumps until we replaced the wiring. once we got the old wiring out, we found the cut thru spot that was shorting out. you would think it would blow the fuse or the relay, but never did. didnt burn up any more pumps after it. dunno. just a suggestion.

Back