Does the "C7001 Injection Shutoff vs RPM" work?

joefarmer

MR. Supreme Overlord
Either I don't understand how this table works or it doesn't do what it says it does?

"For each main injection event this is the maximum degrees past TDC the injector will be allowed to remain open based on engine RPM."

So I changed it from these values:

Code:
Injection Shutoff vs RPM (Degrees)
0	42.007813
500	42.007813
1000	42.007813
1500	42.007813
3000	42.007813
3200	39.992188
4000	33.992188

To these values:

Code:
Injection Shutoff vs RPM (Degrees)
0	12.007813
500	12.007813
1000	12.007813
1500	12.007813
3000	15.007813
3200	15.007813
4000	15.007813

The truck would hardly start and when it did, it was coughing large amounts of raw fuel. This is something I wouldn't expect when I limited fuel injected after TDC. Has anyone else used this table? Does it do what it says it does?

I've had similar results with RC9 software and haven't revisited it since. I'm also interested to hear what others have found.

Just for fun what if you left the 500 and 1000 rpm at the 42, and then change the 1500+ to your numbers. Does it idle and start fine?

Not sure. I got mad at efi and deleted it off the main laptop. LOL I may have to try that when I get back to that truck.

I also cross-posted this thread on EFILive's forums.

Turn off your pilot and post injections events and you will understand what too much timing, or too little does. There's a fine line. You have the age old adage to retard timing to create HEAT to spool, but you also need to have enough compression to HEAT for an efficient burn. That's why I say play with a single inj. event and you'll be better able to grasp the key word...HEAT.

Turn off your pilot and post injections events and you will understand what too much timing, or too little does. There's a fine line. You have the age old adage to retard timing to create HEAT to spool, but you also need to have enough compression to HEAT for an efficient burn. That's why I say play with a single inj. event and you'll be better able to grasp the key word...HEAT.

What does the number of events have to do with compression? Dumb it down for us if you could.

Have I made it run good with one event? Fairly. But I still run 3 events for added benefits you get over one event on our trucks.

All I was saying or trying to demonstrate about the single event, is that it makes it more crucial getting the timing just right. A little this way, or the other way and it's easy to tell the effects and learn what too much or not enough timing does. I believe what's happening in the OP's situation is that he has parts of his tables that have min timing BTDC and when he decreased the allowable time for the injection event to finish, there was not enough time to efficiently burn. I firmly believe that when ever (within the realm of things) I squirt fuel in the chamber it's gonna be hot enough to ignite, just according to how much time or when I place that fuel that gives me an efficient burn.

I'll post the timing and injection tables when I have time this weekend. I don't think I was violating physics, but I'll post exactly what I see.

Back