PDA

View Full Version : Just finished my traction bars....

JFlagg
08-06-2007, 07:17 PM
I've been working on these here and there over the past few weeks, and finally got them done. Their nothing special, just some solid, clean trac bars I built in my garage. The links are 1 1/2"x 1/4' wall tubing with some heim links threaded in the ends, I had a local machine shop thread some inserts for me that I plug welded inside. The lower brackets I made to bolt onto the ends of the U-bolts, but due to my lift I had to buy ones an inch longer, no big deal. The upper mounts are bolted to the frame right at the rear of the transfer case. Overall the bars are 66" long. Only have a few miles on them, but the work good so far. Not sure when I'll get to test them on a sled, but I'll let you know what happens...And unfortunately my pics were too big, so here is the link to see them elsewhere.

http://www.turbodieselregister.com/forums/competition-forum-members-only/187926-just-finished-my-traction-bars.html#post1801999

Duster 5.9
08-06-2007, 09:17 PM
they look great! am wondering though if you articulate if they might hit that cross member?

JFlagg
08-07-2007, 09:58 AM
I was looking at that too, but I rarely go offroading, maybe once a year when I go to Colorado elk hunting and I can always take them off when I get there, only takes a few minutes. I also still need to paint them, but I thought I test drive them for a bit first in case I need to change something I won't have to paint twice.

JFlagg
08-07-2007, 03:44 PM
After a little research and some math by an engineer buddy (lcaad1269), we determined that it would take 9.6" of travel before the link contacts the crossmember, my bumpstops only allow about 8" of travel, so I should be just fine on the street and almost all places I offroad.

UNBROKEN
08-07-2007, 04:47 PM
FYI...non TDR members can't look at your pics.

hpprose
08-07-2007, 05:32 PM
FYI...non TDR members can't look at your pics.

Yeah, what he said

JFlagg
08-08-2007, 02:43 PM
Sorry about that, they were too big and I couldn't get them on here, didn't think about the member/non-member thing. An tips on how to post them on here? I don't have any kind of compression software...

BluegrassDiesel
08-08-2007, 02:46 PM
Sorry about that, they were too big and I couldn't get them on here, didn't think about the member/non-member thing. An tips on how to post them on here? I don't have any kind of compression software...

If youve got MS paint you can downsize them really easy.

wideopen
08-08-2007, 02:58 PM
You should be able to upload them to your photo gallery then it will provide a link for you.

hpprose
08-08-2007, 03:04 PM
If you cannot get it, pm me and I will resize them for you and post them.