Joints for traction bars

myusername

Where are all of you guys getting your joints for your traction bars? I see tons of info on building bars and pictures, but not really much about where you guys get your stuff, other than ballistic fab.

I bought a set of bars that already have welded inserts for 1.25" x 12tpi joints. It was cheaper for me to buy the bars than to make them. I just need the joints and jam nuts for them. I'll spend the money if i have to, but if there is a cheaper place to buy them from, I would love to know, because i'm trying to keep this on a budget.

Also, are you guys going with strictly heim's? I was thinking heims at one end of the bars, and bushings at the other, so they will do their job, but still have some cushion, and not wear out as quick.

I looked through about every page on that thread at some point or another. I just didnt really see any info on where to source parts from other than ballistic. Maybe I overlooked? Idk I'll go back and reread. I just know there have to be other places out there besides ballistic that will sell the joints I need without having to pay for a big name

Pardon my ignorance, but when you put on traction bars, can you swap from one size tire, to a smaller one, or vice versa? Is this possible? Or are you limited to running just one size tire with traction bars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking about the tractor end links, but the bars i bought already have inserts welded in them that take 1.25" x 12tpi threaded joints.

And about the tire question, I dont see how the traction bars would be affected by your tire size? I'm far from an expert, learning as I go, but i just dont see how that would matter

Pardon my ignorance, but when you put on traction bars, can you swap from one size tire, to a smaller one, or vice versa? Is this possible? Or are you limited to running just one size tire with traction bars?

Why would u b limited by tire size? Traction bars are mounted to the axle.

I was just told that man, I wasn't too sure about that. So pretty much I can install traction bars and swap from 35" to 31" tires all day and not have any problems. Thanks for the info guys

Traction bars

Where are all of you guys getting your joints for your traction bars? I see tons of info on building bars and pictures, but not really much about where you guys get your stuff, other than ballistic fab.

I bought a set of bars that already have welded inserts for 1.25" x 12tpi joints. It was cheaper for me to buy the bars than to make them. I just need the joints and jam nuts for them. I'll spend the money if i have to, but if there is a cheaper place to buy them from, I would love to know, because i'm trying to keep this on a budget.

Also, are you guys going with strictly heim's? I was thinking heims at one end of the bars, and bushings at the other, so they will do their job, but still have some cushion, and not wear out as quick.

Search on summit racing for currie Johnny joints.
If your close to Dayton pm me I have a set you can see and make sure they fit.

Tractor top links work great, however they tend to make noise over time, if I was doing it I would use a link with a poly bushing.

Back