PDA

View Full Version : need codes read on j/d

txastuff79
08-07-2007, 08:13 PM
need to borrow perf. monitor (code reader) or have someone read the codes on our j/d. willing to pay for some help. lost all hydraulics. multiple lights on. call or pm me. 512-563-9993. thanks. located in central texas. austin area. tractor located in taylor (beaukiss). thanks in advance.

SEA04DMAX
08-11-2007, 12:17 PM
What model is it??? I can tell you how.

txastuff79
08-11-2007, 10:39 PM
6400. it is the early serial number version. apparantely, the split is 164000. ours is 07--- something. cant remember but i know its a 1994 6400. thanks in advance.

was told you can do it without a perf. monitor ans use the dash and turn signals. thanks in asvance

txastuff79
08-12-2007, 08:31 PM
well, i figure i can update the scenario/problem. sincer we couldnt use the pto, we were juyst loading and unloading round bales. the hydraulics quit..... and in the process of parking it to check fluid level and leaks, the trans quits working. its the powerquad i believe. changed trans and hydraulic filters. still nothing. hooked up guages at the hyd. filter and i believe the charge pump, nothing.

im starting to think the pump has gone bad. any suggestions? oh, we also changed the hyd. fluid today when we changed the filters. didnt look too good but have seen worse. definetly looked like a tractor that sat up for a few years and condensation got into the oil. any suggestions? any idea of how much a hyd. pump costs? to have one rebuilt? just curious. how can i tell if its a charge pump or a hyd. pump? thanks in advance.

2rowdy
08-13-2007, 03:22 PM
Trade it in for a CASE IH. Sorry, Its what I do for a living.

txastuff79
08-13-2007, 06:07 PM
ied go cat before i go case... heck, i would by a massy.. and thats bad in my opinion. i used to work for texana machinery in manor, texas. they were a case dealer. got tired of working on crap and left.

either way, im stuck with this big green turd.... need to get it running.

JDGnut
08-14-2007, 08:04 AM
The problem he is having reading the codes is that on some of those early 6000 tractors you could not read the codes on the display.. there were only the manual gauges.. you needed the option for the Performance monitor.. or you need some one with Service Advisor (Deere Program) to read the codes..

txastuff79
08-14-2007, 04:56 PM
i read the info you sent... and i do have the manual guages... i did find the connectors to use a perf. monitor though... so i am in search for someone to read the codes for me or let me borrow it long enough so i can read them. i am willing to pay for there trouble if they are willing to run them for me. bigon in taylor is not very cooperative and helpful so i would rather pay someone else for there help. bigon is the closest j/d rep near the tractor.

pass the word if there is anyone who can help us near beaukiss, texas (just south of taylor) we need help. when running the tractor, the pump is getting hot so the shaft isnt broke, but no pressure. nothing.

txastuff79
08-14-2007, 04:57 PM
not sure if there is a special way to bleed the air from a completely dry system.... or if my hyd. pump has given up. if someone knows alot, pm a telephne number. i would like to pic your ear for a minute or two. ill call you so its on my dime. just need help. thanks in advance.

thomas

JDGnut
08-14-2007, 05:28 PM
No special tricks to priming the systems... If there is oil in the housing.. and the screen is not plugged.. There's only one valve that could be giving problems.. or the pump is junk.. Email you number to me.. and I'll try to give you a call tonight... I'll send you more pics... When is your manual going to come in???