PDA

View Full Version : Need Community Input....LB7 Engine, Trans & Case

JacktheBear3
08-10-2007, 05:52 PM
I am selling a truck locally, some guy wants to trade me a complete Duramax drivetrain.

Package is out of an 02 Dmax with "37,000" miles. Comes with LB7 Motor, Allison Trans, Transfercase, and suposedly has all the computers out of the truck. This set up would be nice for a conversion of some type or someone who is avidly in search of the world's fastest Durmax and needs parts.

MY Question: What's this stuff worth? I'm trying to sell my truck for $15K and the buyer wants to trade the package and some cash for the truck.

Any advice ?

Thanks in Advance

PS: if there are any guys interested in the package, give me your firm number and that's what I'll use to drive the deal. I can make them give me more info if you need it, the parts were taken out of a SALVAGE TITLED vehicle he says

dmaxpower
08-10-2007, 07:49 PM
the motor is 4k

Diesel Tech
08-10-2007, 08:35 PM
I bought a complete LBZ, Transmission, transfercase all the wireing harness and computers for $8500 and it has less than 10 miles on it. If you watch Ebay there are a couple dismantlers that have a contract with GM for trucks that get damaged at the plant. The deals are out there but it sounds to me like he needs to step up with some cash to go along with that package for a fair deal for you. I also find it kind of hard to believe 37,000 on an '02 model driveline since its over 5 years old now.

SEA04DMAX
08-13-2007, 08:19 AM
That drivetrain would defiantely make for a interesting project.