PDA

View Full Version : ident 47re

racerfreak
05-30-2012, 04:10 AM
hi i bought a 47re trans from a friend of mine in canada it is a bd ,it is new in the crate and was bought by him for a 2002 dodge, i am wondering how to identify what was done to it before i install it i want to install in a 97 ram. when he bought it he told you he had 800hp and wanted a tranny strong enough to support this thanks

LAmiller
05-30-2012, 07:05 AM
If you know what your looking for you can visually see if its got billet input/output shafts, if you drop your pan you can see if its got a stock or billet servo and strut, if you drop your valve body you can see if its got a billet accumulator piston and billet anchor, the rest you need to disassemble to find out.

Or take lots of good quality pics and post in this thread. There's plenty of members who can help you identify parts.

Lavon

racerfreak
05-30-2012, 11:04 AM
thanks i am working in the sahara desert and wont be back in canada till mid july but i will take the advice gladly is the electrical parts compatible with the 97 truck

bushwacker24
05-31-2012, 12:39 PM
I would e-mail BD directly. Give them the serial number, they may even be able to send you a package of the specs when it was built. They were good about doing that when I was inquiring about a used trans for sale in my local area.

racerfreak
06-01-2012, 01:13 AM
thanks