Transmission Pan

TCPower73

Looking for suggestions on a good deep pan for my trans. I have the 4R100 trans.

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

Hello,

This is my first post here at Competition Diesel. My Welcome thread is [POST="12691"]here[/POST]. Please post all my welcome message there.

Thanks,
TCPower73

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

I have a Mag-Hytec transmission pan.
Magnetic dip stick, port for temp sender, cooling fins, looks good, etc..

I am getting ready to install the MAGHYTEK pan also.
I was waiting to install a temp fitting at the same time, and strengthen
my shift kit between 1st and 2nd, and drain the TC and refill with synthetic.
I'll post pics and results after completion, MAGHYTEK is good due to their magnetic dipstick, w/ an added 4 qts of additional fluid.

Installing Today

No Problems as of yet.....
I'll let you know how it goes, 2night.:woohoo: Back to wrenchi'n

Mag Hytek Install

A real PITA without a LIFT. But I managed ton get my 6'2 215lb body under the truck w/o lifting it even if I used jack stands I don't think the time it takes to set up is worth the additional clearance it provides.:bang
None the less the pan is in and I am going to have to lengthen the sending unit wires for my trans temp gauge, from the A -pillar, cause the fitting doesn't reach the pan:bang
Make sure you have a tq wrench, and on the shorter screws you need to be careful and not overtighten and strip the female threads inside the trans , The Specs 30ftlbs is at the limit of stipping the threads, BE CAREFULL.
good luck

Last edited:
You should not use the sender port in the pan!! If you had it in the drivers side of the tranny, leave it there. It's a more accurate reading of the fluid temps actually going through the tranny.

Also, if you have tranny temp issues, it's better NOT to go with a deep pan!! The fluid cools by getting pumped through the cooler. A deeper pan just holds more hot fluid and it will take longer to cool down.

With all that said, I have had a Mag-Hytec pan on mine for years, but have never had tranny temp issues either. Bottom line, if you run temps in excess of 180 all the time, invest in a larger cooler, not a deep pan.

Temp issues ?

Thanks for the info,
I just installed the pan and I am going to hook up my temp gauge to the HyTek fitting for know. I have a full SunCoast Rebuild with thier High Perf TC. And I don't anticipate ant problems.
I appreciate the info and I will be looking for trouble signs.
I need to splice the AutoMeter Cobalt Tran Temp Gauge I am using because it won't reach from my A-Pilar to the new Pan. I was going to contact AutoMeter first to make sure making the wires longer won't screw with the sending unit?
PS: Your Truck:rockwoot: is :bow: the BOMB !
I'm getting 70hp inj installed on Monday:woohoo: But i'm not tryin to compete with your chariot. Nice Work:bigsmile:

Back