PDA

View Full Version : New radio and subs slight problem

Ackerdiesel
06-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Okay guys here is a basic rundown of my problem. My truck has the infinity system but I needed more. Replaced the radio with a pioneer DEH-44HD. Then added in two 10" lanzar vector subs with a 1000 watt Pyle amp. Now to the problem. Front door speakers are all base. Tried adjusting all settings nothing then checked wiring its all correct. Any ideas?

Ryan

Demon 6.0
06-27-2012, 03:24 PM
Are you running everything through the amp? How many channels? Front, Rear, sub? How many channels is the amp? I'm sure this is something simple but I gotta have more info.

Ackerdiesel
06-27-2012, 03:40 PM
Only thing being ran through the amp is the subs. And just replaced the amp with a strike s2.300.2 2500watt made by lightning audio. The door speakers are ran through the factory infinity amp

Ryan

Demon 6.0
06-27-2012, 04:33 PM
How are you getting from the new deck to the factory amp? Speaker wires or 4v rca plugs? Originally the door speakers in a Dodge are the woofers. Hence the dash speakers for highs and mids. It may be best to by-pass the factory amp all together if your deck is a 50x4 mosfet powered unit.

Ackerdiesel
06-27-2012, 04:42 PM
Okay sorry to sound stupid but can we go a little less technical? And they are powered through the speaker wires. I'd like to gradually increase my sound system but want to fix this problem first.

Ryan

Demon 6.0
06-27-2012, 05:09 PM
You aren't stupid. The factory amp is cutting all the highs to your door speakers with a built in crossover. Try connecting the speaker wires from your deck to your wires going to the doors. I am willing to bet that fixes it.

Ackerdiesel
06-27-2012, 05:17 PM
Basically run a jumper from the deck to the doors?

Ryan

Demon 6.0
06-27-2012, 05:19 PM
That or just jump around the amp and use the existing wires.

Ackerdiesel
06-27-2012, 05:21 PM
Where is the factory amp? If I find it it will all be easier.

Ryan

Demon 6.0
06-27-2012, 05:27 PM
found this for you-

How do I bypass factory Infinity Amp? (more inside) - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum (http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/3rd-gen-non-powertrain/132228-how-do-i-bypass-factory-infinity-amp-more-inside.html)

Ackerdiesel
06-27-2012, 05:34 PM
Thank you. Now on to a more advanced question what does the ohm reading on speakers mean? What does the number of channels an amp has mean?

Ryan

Demon 6.0
06-27-2012, 06:15 PM
Speakers in cars are typically 4 ohm and can be run down to 1/2 ohm with the right conditions. 8 ohm are normally found in home stereo equipment.

For each channel and amp has that will power one speaker. A mono amp is used for a single sub.

If you bridge subs (or other speakers) ie...use one channel to run multiple speakers in series, for each speaker you add you cut your ohms in half. 1 channel running 3 speakers would be 1 ohm. This is in relation to the stability of the speaker (distortion).

I run a 5 channel amp, 2 front channels, 2 rear channels and a mono sub channel.

I hope this helps.

Ackerdiesel
06-27-2012, 10:07 PM
Yeah that helped. Bypassed the amp now to get new speakers and a 4 or 5 Chanel amp.

Ryan

Ackerdiesel
06-28-2012, 03:28 PM
Speakers in cars are typically 4 ohm and can be run down to 1/2 ohm with the right conditions. 8 ohm are normally found in home stereo equipment.

For each channel and amp has that will power one speaker. A mono amp is used for a single sub.

If you bridge subs (or other speakers) ie...use one channel to run multiple speakers in series, for each speaker you add you cut your ohms in half. 1 channel running 3 speakers would be 1 ohm. This is in relation to the stability of the speaker (distortion).

I run a 5 channel amp, 2 front channels, 2 rear channels and a mono sub channel.

I hope this helps.

Found another question for you demon what do the different classes of amps mean? Like the letter class? Also if you buy say a 8ohm amp and only have 4ohms worth of speakers will it hurt anything? Or did I miss understand what the ohms mean?

Ryan

Amish Elegance
06-28-2012, 03:52 PM

Series is the other way. It depends on how you bridge them.

Enter Series and Parallel.

http://www.bass-guitar-info.com/image-files/series_parallel_speakers.jpg

That diagram represents one channel feeding two speakers. Note the affect wiring configuration has on load.

Ackerdiesel
06-28-2012, 04:19 PM
Came up with some more questions. What is an equalizer? What about a crossover?

Ryan

Ackerdiesel
06-28-2012, 04:55 PM
Series is the other way. It depends on how you bridge them.

Enter Series and Parallel.

http://www.bass-guitar-info.com/image-files/series_parallel_speakers.jpg

That diagram represents one channel feeding two speakers. Note the affect wiring configuration has on load.

So are you saying it would be better to run the speakers parallel if you want to run 2 off of a channel and they are rated for the same ohms as your amp?

Ryan

Demon 6.0
06-28-2012, 05:33 PM
So are you saying it would be better to run the speakers parallel if you want to run 2 off of a channel and they are rated for the same ohms as your amp?

Ryan

CHEMMINS
07-09-2012, 11:29 AM

Ryan

All the basics and some slightly more technical reading for you. Very easy to understand, well laid out site.

http://www.bcae1.com/