PDA

View Full Version : transmission problems!!!!help please

kevin_hurt2020
08-06-2012, 02:39 PM
got my 07.5 6.7 and the transmission has went crazy on me!!!! it started at ts's drags, locking up in fourth gear and going into limp mode, so i thought it may be time for transmission rebuild? was running the h&s xrt with the trans tuning at the time.... got it rebuilt with suncoast internals put it back together and still the same thing! at this point the only thing i can think is tcm? so i buy one and have it replaced and changed over to a smarty.... still the same dang thing anybody have any idea what to do now????

kevin_hurt2020
08-06-2012, 02:41 PM
got my 07.5 6.7 and the transmission has went crazy on me!!!! it started at ts's drags, locking up in fourth gear and going into limp mode, so i thought it may be time for transmission rebuild? was running the h&s xrt with the trans tuning at the time.... got it rebuilt with suncoast internals put it back together and still the same thing! at this point the only thing i can think is tcm? so i buy one and have it replaced and changed over to a smarty.... still the same dang thing anybody have any idea what to do now????

i guess the smart thing would have been to nv5600 it and let it ride?:doh:

rjp
08-11-2012, 10:55 PM
Without knowing if there is any stored codes i could only speculate that the overdrives are already toast again. Give me some detailed info on what its doing and how it started doing it and i can pretty much tell you whats up. Who did the build? Do you know what they set the clearances to in the overdrive drum? This tranny is very picky and needs to be tits on are it will have a short life!!!!!!