PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Trans builder

SHughes
08-13-2012, 09:40 AM
A buddy at work has been having issues with the transmission in his CRD Liberty. Is there a good builder out there for these things? The dealer did the last two rebuilds under warranty, and now that the warranty is up, he wants a better rebuild. Any advice??

zstroken
08-13-2012, 09:42 AM
Suncoast is doing some work on those I believe. It should be a 545RFE transmission, which I believe is the same as in the 1500 rams.

Tormentor
08-13-2012, 11:38 AM
Get a torque converter from ATS, its the weak link in Jeep's treni.

crackerman
08-13-2012, 12:54 PM
Get a torque converter from ATS, its the weak link in Jeep's treni.

and have more problems?

suncoast ought to be a smidge better than ats. just sayin.

if it is an at545re (or rfe) it is also used in the later (01+ durangos) and seems to be a pretty decent unit. mine has 170k on it now with zero issues , granted its behind a 4.7L gasser. but i am sure low end grunt has a lot to do with killing the thing compared to the high rpm torque i see every day.

ARbowhunter7
08-13-2012, 01:10 PM
I saw " Liberty Transmission" and clicked anxiously only to find out you meant JEEP Liberty transmission. Disappointed.jpg

SHughes
08-13-2012, 02:15 PM
Sorry dude, but it's in the Jeep section. LOL

pullin454
08-29-2012, 11:51 PM
what issues is he having with the trans. if it is shuttering, it is the tc. never had a prob with mine. a basic rebuild with a trans-go shift kit new filters and a mopar euro tc and it will be good. not sure what else can go bad. mine has 130k on it behind the crd with the eco full torq and trans tune. griffeth trans and tcase in beatrice ne. great guy does all my work. he understands the performance side of things, not just a bebuild and go.

mikmaze
08-30-2012, 06:48 AM
don't get too aggressive with the tc, it will be too dang "heavy" and bog ya down, you need a euro tc, best upgrade you can get, rated for more torque and supposed to be a fix it once kinda thing. Then tell him to get the Green diesel engineering tunes and have some fun.